Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 05:45 PM

8,713 posts, read 11,115,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
? I wanna see if those tails are as big in real life as they are in RL's advertisements.
those advertisements makes me hungry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 07:39 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,996,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So I know many of you look down on Red Lobster but we are going to try our palates at Lobsterfest next week. We went to the 125th St. RL last month and liked it.
But now a friend in Rego park is treating and, lo and behold, they have a joint on Queens Boulevard in Elmhurst...who knew??? She's rather not schlepp to West Harlem.

Anyhow, is the Elmhurst location much the same as the other Red Lobsters? Has anyone been?

Opinions welcome (except from those who hate lobster.)

Hey what ever floats your boat but these kind of questions usually come from tourists not locals who should know better. I am surprised. They ain't cheap in this city//////

Old 04-02-2014, 06:06 AM

25,410 posts, read 37,165,786 times
Quote:

It depends on location location location. Some red lobsters are good and
ALWAYS have a line. Most Red Lobsters are bad decent since it is a chain after
all.
That's why my question was precisely about the Rego Park location.

Quote:

I hate Red Lobster's fried shrimp. That breading that they use - I never
liked it.
Oh, I agree SF. We had some on our visit to the Harlem RL and the "coconut breaded fried shrimp" had me burping the taste of fake coconut for two days...never again.
I think they must use Coppertone Cocoanut Butter in the breading.

But aren't their seafood stuffed mushrooms WONDERFUL?

Quote:

but these kind of questions usually come from tourists not locals who should
know better. I am surprised. They ain't cheap in this city//////
Actually, for certain information it is the TOURISTS who are the best informed. Examples: Red Lobster and Walmart...tourists have had them for a long time, we haven't.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:07 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,261,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I hate Red Lobster's fried shrimp. That breading that they use - I never liked it.
I hate all breaded fried shrimp or fried calamari. If you want good, light, crisp fried seafood, make sure you dry your seafood good. Pat it down well with papertowels. If you soak it in buttermilk, be sure to wipe off all the moisture. Then dredge in flour or mix flour with very fine corn meal. You can season with salt and pepper if you want. Be sure to shake off excess flour. Throw those babies in the deep fryer until golden. You will never use breadcrumbs again!

Old 04-02-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
those advertisements makes me hungry
lol...me too!

Old 04-02-2014, 04:44 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,354,361 times
I've traid that Lobster Lover's dream before. It was good, but it certainly did not justify the price tag. The biscuits they bring you are really good tho lol

Old 04-02-2014, 05:11 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,377,591 times
You guys just made my parents' day by informing me there is a Sizzler still in existence in Queens. There used to be one right off of the Belt Parkway but it closed down a million years ago.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I've traid that Lobster Lover's dream before. It was good, but it certainly did not justify the price tag. The biscuits they bring you are really good lol

Well, the lobster tails in the Lobster Lover's Dream were spectacularly succulent and copious ($32.99) The New England chowder was cool and pasty...don't do it. The Fries were fries but everyone loved the baked potato.
Like most people, we brought home the seafood Alfredo to reheat tonight.
The salads were very good...both the Caesar and the Blu Cheese.

The dish lists at 1600 calories WITHOUT soup or biscuits so tread lightly and eat the lobsters first.

Service was excellent and unrushed but we got there before 5PM on a Wednesday so no lines or pressure to empty the table.

It was nice.

Oh yeah, you can print out a $10 coupon on their website (for 2 dinners.)

Old 04-03-2014, 07:45 AM

KK, how big are the tails? Are they 4 or 6 ounces each? I'm hoping they're bigger for that price.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 AM

I will guess they are 6 ounce tails. One was bigger than the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City