Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 04:07 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times

Advertisements

Agreed. It is noise pollution and a distraction for the driver and those nearby. The solution if you ask me, an RPG-7 missile for the noise maker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 07:38 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
it is a shame that people are so inconsiderate that anyone in their right mind would be blasting music in their cars while driving thru residential neighborhoods late at night.

Only low class people seem to do things like this and think it is acceptable.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:44 AM

503 posts, read 899,198 times
I'm actually immune to this. I expect it to happen any time I'm in the Bronx. It's just one of those things you take with the good and the bad. There's way too many sh*tty people in NYC if you ask me. To expect otherwise is just insanity, as I've learned over the years.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:03 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I'm talking volume cranked to the max so anybody in a 5 block radius can hear it. That's great that you like your horrible music and everything, but why have to explain this to the entire neighborhood? Particularly when you're not an 18 year old kid anymore (I see plenty of older folks doing this). No level-headed adult cares or wants to hear this crap. I promise you. Are you doing it simply for the benefit of the select other couple of mouth-breathers who also do this that may or may not be walking the street at any given time? Is it like a solidarity thing? Look, I know this is a city and cities are loud. But FFS man, do you need to circle the park blasting this nonsense when people are just trying to kick back on a weekend afternoon? Get out of your car and go for a jog or something. Put it in your earbuds and blast it if you need to. Either way, you're doing bad damage to your hearing by doing this all of the time.

And before anybody comments, I'm not a cranky old man. I am of the same age as a lot of the dudes that I see doing this. It simply baffles me. And no, I don't see guidos rolling around aimlessly blasting terrible house music or Sinatra at full clip in quiet residential neighborhoods. Or Irish kids sitting on the edge of the park cranking Dropkick Murphys so loud that the mom playing with her toddler 30 feet in can hardly talk to him/her. Just to get that out of the way...
Nice try but I have seen them plenty of times blasting electronic/trance music. And some 'growing up Gotti/Jersey shore' types blasting hip-hop too.

In Astoria, I've also seen Greeks blasting Greek music, which sounds a lot like Turkish/Middle eastern music. It's fun to hear for at most 5 seconds.

And of course, plenty of minorities doing this with bachata, salsa, reggeaton, hip-hop and rap.

imo, all these inconsiderate idiots should be ticketed to bankruptcy.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:15 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
How about someone driving down the street blasting out some crappy Broadway musical song? "Tomorrow, tomorrow..." I'd be looking for a brick to throw.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:22 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,618,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Nice try but I have seen them plenty of times blasting electronic/trance music. And some 'growing up Gotti/Jersey shore' types blasting hip-hop too.

In Astoria, I've also seen Greeks blasting Greek music, which sounds a lot like Turkish/Middle eastern music. It's fun to hear for at most 5 seconds.

And of course, plenty of minorities doing this with bachata, salsa, reggeaton, hip-hop and rap.

In my neighborhood I get Indian pop music (I think it's called bhangra?), some unidentifiable maybe eastern European techno, and dancehall reggae. Good times.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:24 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:

I couldn't care less about defending guidos or trashy greeks, and that is definitely not my position. If I've seen that, it's rare and not on the same level as puerto ricans/dominicans pumping reggaeton on full blast as they drive aimlessly around the neighborhoods on the regular at all hours of the day/night. I'll hear sh!tty electronica or poppy greek music blasting from some guido club if you walk by. Hear it all of the time. But it's confined to a club. I do not see it coming out of cars even remotely on the same level as the original subject matter, if ever.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I couldn't care less about defending guidos or trashy greeks, and that is definitely not my position. If I've seen that, it's rare and not on the same level as puerto ricans/dominicans pumping reggaeton on full blast as they drive aimlessly around the neighborhoods on the regular at all hours of the day/night. I'll hear sh!tty electronica or poppy greek music blasting from some guido club if you walk by. Hear it all of the time. But it's confined to a club. I do not see it coming out of cars even remotely on the same level as the original subject matter, if ever.
If ever? Really?

You initially said you don't seem them.

Okay. Maybe you like under a rock or don't get out enough but I've seen them right there, where you witnessed it this weekend, in Astoria park.
Stopped vehicle, car doors wide open, blasting headache-inducing techno/trance music.

Wether dominicans and PRs do it more often, it doesn't matter to me. Those who do, are all idiots that need start getting fined.

Btw, I started a similar thread like 1 or 2 yrs back.
sht is annoying wether is reggaeton or techno music.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:45 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
If ever? Really?

You initially said you don't seem them.

Okay. Maybe you like under a rock or don't get out enough but I've seen them right there, where you witnessed it this weekend, in Astoria park.
Stopped vehicle, car doors wide open, blasting headache-inducing techno/trance music.

I don't seem them nor do I like under a rock.

And I live on the edge of the park. Never are there guidos doing this with electronic music. I would rant about it too. I don't discriminate in favor of white people. You can check my posting history in terms of hipsters and yuppies. It simply does not happen on the same level as these little gangsters. And if you're saying you witnessed it just this weekend, you're either lying to make a contrarian post or you witnessed an anomaly.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I don't seem them nor do I like under a rock.

And I live on the edge of the park. Never are there guidos doing this with electronic music. I would rant about it out too. I don't discriminate in favor of white people. You can check my posting history in terms of hipsters and yuppies. It simply does not happen on the same level as these little gangsters. And if you're saying you witnessed it just this weekend, you're either lying to make a contrarian post or you witnessed an anomaly.
Not this weekend, but I've seen them more times than I can count with my hands. So it looks to me that it's you, the grammar nazi, who seems to be lying about not witnessing them EVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City