Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 03:56 PM

288 posts, read 470,403 times

Advertisements

Yeah, dealing with people will be rough. People are going to say the worse things to you that you probably never heard or thought you would never hear in your life. You will definitely have to swallow every pride in you and just ignore them, let them curse, scream or whatever. At the end of the day, your going home knowing your getting a paycheck and good benefits, as well as adding your time with the city. You'll do fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 04:07 PM

344 posts, read 607,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactplayer View Post
Yeah, dealing with people will be rough. People are going to say the worse things to you that you probably never heard or thought you would never hear in your life. You will definitely have to swallow every pride in you and just ignore them, let them curse, scream or whatever. At the end of the day, your going home knowing your getting a paycheck and good benefits, as well as adding your time with the city. You'll do fine.
I'm 22 so i hope they won't say anything to me since i'm young haha! i doubt it though, but you're right at the end of the day i am getting a paycheck with benefits. I work security now till i get called so i how it is dealing with the public. I'm also doing Auxiliary next month as well. Classes start at the same time.

Last edited by SyphonBeatz; 08-12-2015 at 04:51 PM..

Old 08-12-2015, 04:37 PM

Looks like you'll be a busy man for awhile. Good thing your doing this at 22, start off young. I'm pushing to 30 in 2 more years so i definitely have to take this exam this Saturday.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Looks like you'll be a busy man for awhile. Good thing your doing this at 22, start off young. I'm pushing to 30 in 2 more years so i definitely have to take this exam this Saturday.
Yeah i wish i would have done this when i was 17-18 though, i probably would have been a cop by now :/ but i'm glad its happening now. The exam is very easy though, and the process is quick like i said.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonBeatz View Post
Yeah i wish i would have done this when i was 17-18 though, i probably would have been a cop by now :/ but i'm glad its happening now. The exam is very easy though, and the process is quick like i said.
Yeah, i took the school safety in december 2009..got called in early 2012, was going through the process but i turned it down like an idiot..all because i was too comfortable and relaxed at my current job (i do truck driving). I regret it so bad, but hey lesson learned i guess.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Yeah, i took the school safety in december 2009..got called in early 2012, was going through the process but i turned it down like an idiot..all because i was too comfortable and relaxed at my current job (i do truck driving). I regret it so bad, but hey lesson learned i guess.
Oh really? Sorry to hear that. I work security at a hotel at the moment in the city, its a hectic environment but everyone is friendly. I try not to get comfy at jobs unless i know it'll be a career for like police officer is what i'll be fine with. I regret not taking any exams when i was younger :/

Old 08-17-2015, 12:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,192 times
Hello guys (general) i took the traffic officer test last month and got a 92 how long do you think it will take to start my process??

Old 08-17-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusonrah View Post
Hello guys (general) i took the traffic officer test last month and got a 92 how long do you think it will take to start my process??

Well i took the exam a year ago (July 2014) Got my list # around the middle of January 2015 and started the process in February 2015 and finished everything by March 2015. Met my investigator in April 2015 and did my mini med recently last month and now i am waiting for next months class. I don't know when it is exactly but i should be getting a call soon. So overall it took about a year to. I'm going to stay with Traffic till i get called for PO

Old 08-20-2015, 12:18 PM

111 posts, read 146,789 times
Quote:
Took the time today to read the whole forum and i like what i see. All i can say is that I wish you guys goodluck, you made a smart choice taking this exam and going through with the hiring process.

I am pretty much a sanitation worker/bridge and tunnel officer hopeful. However, i plan on taking the TEA exam this saturday afternoon, and even reading this forum got me into taking the exam even more. Should of took this exam last year in July, OH WELL.

Once again, best of luck to the both of you!
Thanks man! I have not been on in a while. Yea getting a city job is the way to go... the benefits alone makes me happy ☺.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy55 View Post
Thanks man! I have not been on in a while. Yea getting a city job is the way to go... the benefits alone makes me happy ☺.
I GOT THE CALL!! i have to report to 1PP at 8:30am, business attire, $9 "oath of office" money order, NY ID, and black pen etc!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City