Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 09:13 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,397,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabesanman View Post
Bp meds don't show up on a drug test? Why tell them anything?

Isn't it best to disclose as little as possible during the medical?
This was assuming you've already been medically disqualified for high blood pressure. Your doctor will have to disclose what you're taking to regulate it in an appeal

Old 05-31-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Can you get your own Doctor to take your blood pressure and mail the result in? I did that last year for my EKG results. I passed the medical last year they just didn't get to my list number.

No they take it. But they do let you come back a second time. A lot of guys had to appeal.

And telling them to take it manually won't matter. If it's close they're going to fail you. Or at least according to the clinic since they reported only overturning like 13% of the machines results in their report on the machines. They're all such hacks they're afraid to overturn the machine's decision. I've seen ducks with better medical training. Just be calm and relaxed

Old 06-01-2015, 10:03 AM

47 posts, read 72,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
No they take it. But they do let you come back a second time. A lot of guys had to appeal.

And telling them to take it manually won't matter. If it's close they're going to fail you. Or at least according to the clinic since they reported only overturning like 13% of the machines results in their report on the machines. They're all such hacks they're afraid to overturn the machine's decision. I've seen ducks with better medical training. Just be calm and relaxed
Thanks AWOL. I'm list #63XX last two digits are in the teens of the 6063 list I did my medical last year and passed got called for orientation this Thursday 6/4/15, got my cdl already and have no criminal record. Only thing holding me back is my blood pressure, do you know which blood pressure meds are tolerated by the dept? Been waiting 8 years don't want a slightly high blood pressure reading to disqualify me. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 06-01-2015, 12:25 PM

188 posts, read 310,250 times
Does anyone know what the disqualifying numbers are for blood pressure ?

Old 06-01-2015, 01:33 PM

60 posts, read 86,220 times
AWOL, unfortunately, i done some mighty dumb s*it in my past, just one thing on my resume that I have which is have a disposition letter for. My question is, i have been given summons in my young teenage years for smoking/possession the greens, when it comes time to disclose the past, do i need to bring that up when I was 15/16 , if I do, how do i go about finding the info out of the time that happened because I don't remember when it did, is there a central court i go too or what? I need some direction in this if you know or any of your fellow co workers know

Old 06-01-2015, 03:11 PM

154 posts, read 230,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanitationNotSanitarium View Post
AWOL, unfortunately, i done some mighty dumb s*it in my past, just one thing on my resume that I have which is have a disposition letter for. My question is, i have been given summons in my young teenage years for smoking/possession the greens, when it comes time to disclose the past, do i need to bring that up when I was 15/16 , if I do, how do i go about finding the info out of the time that happened because I don't remember when it did, is there a central court i go too or what? I need some direction in this if you know or any of your fellow co workers know
Disclose everything even if it's sealed , they will hire people with serous felonies on their record . As long as nothing is pending you will be fine. As far as dispositions you have to go the court that took care of your cases. If you live in Staten Island that's targee st most likely. Just go In say you need dispositions for all your pink slip summonses and all arrest and bring cash cause you have to pay for them. I believe it's 10 dollars for each summons and 30 for an arrest.they will have all the dates on them to if you forgot.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanitationNotSanitarium View Post
Unlike your medical...criminal is DISCLOSE EVERYTHING. Even if you were found innocent, list it. Go to the court and get the CoD and bring it with you. Go to the court your case was heard in. They should have it

Old 06-01-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta187 View Post
Does anyone know what the disqualifying numbers are for blood pressure ?
Anything over 140/90 is considered pre hypertension. I passed last year with 135/86. As you see I'm right on the borderline. I get readings all over the place. Sometimes its 117/72 other times its 170/120.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:32 PM

188 posts, read 310,250 times
Quote:
Anything over 140/90 is considered pre hypertension. I passed last year with 135/86. As you see I'm right on the borderline. I get readings all over the place. Sometimes its 117/72 other times its 170/120.

Thanks I appreciate that mines is all over as well similar to yours I was just wondering when they would say yeah this is a no go but I have a good idea

Old 06-01-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks AWOL. I'm list #63XX last two digits are in the teens of the 6063 list I did my medical last year and passed got called for orientation this Thursday 6/4/15, got my cdl already and have no criminal record. Only thing holding me back is my blood pressure, do you know which blood pressure meds are tolerated by the dept? Been waiting 8 years don't want a slightly high blood pressure reading to disqualify me. Any help would be appreciated!
AWOL, can you help me out please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.