Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 02:01 PM

49 posts, read 49,028 times

Advertisements

You are a waste. Bye Bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 02:05 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp3333 View Post
So you're saying that despite the trash, thug types walking around the like that the neighborhood is actually improving? based on what hard facts? Are incomes rising? Is gentrification occurring? What gives you that impression?
HHP, No expert on the area. But PP is a large area like Riverdale. Is 242nd St and Broadway especially during July and August ascetically nice? Right, be honest. How's Broadway up near the Yonkers line near the old Double Days? PP, has got some nice areas. Personally, The Gardens along waring and Astor Ave is pretty nice. Large homes on decent lots of land.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:07 PM

300 posts, read 374,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
HHP, No expert on the area. But PP is a large area like Riverdale. Is 242nd St and Broadway especially during July and August ascetically nice? Right, be honest. How's Broadway up near the Yonkers line near the old Double Days? PP, has got some nice areas. Personally, The Gardens along waring and Astor Ave is pretty nice. Large homes on decent lots of land.
Of course not. 242nd and Broadway is Kingsbridge in my mind and South Yonkers has been a dump for years. At least you're being honest in admitting that PP has some nice areas. They key being "some"...

Old 09-30-2014, 02:14 PM

NorwoodBoy I think the Pelham Gardens area is the nicest part of Pelham Parkway, most people do. Indian Village, which straddles Morris Park/Pelham Parkway, is also nicer. However overall, it is a well kept, clean, nice community. While the color of the people is changing, the class is staying the same. You either can afford to buy in, and when you do you are buying in for all the same reasons everyone else lives there, or you cannot afford it and buy in somewhere else.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:18 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp3333 View Post
Regardless of this incident, Pelham Parkway is overrated by some on this board. Just go for a walk around the place for yourself and you'll see it isn't as peachy as some try to make it. The area by the Bronx Zoo looks decent, but I wouldn't want to stray too far north of that.

Give up.You are all alone in your opinion on this issue. It's at least 10 to 1 against you by my count.The more you go on ,the less credibility you have.You should stick to topics on which you can actually make positive contributions.Your CD persona has become a joke…...again.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:22 PM

300 posts, read 374,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post

Give up.You are all alone in your opinion on this issue. It's at least 10 to 1 against you by my count.The more you go on the less credibility you have.Your Cd persona has become a joke…...again.
LOL! Let's see... Who are these people? You who lives in "Beautiful Pelham Parkway", and several other people that live in the Bronx or have a vested interest in the Bronx. I think I'll stick with what I've seen when I've gone there. Now there are pockets that are nice, but stop pretending like there are no sketchy parts of the area because they exist.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:28 PM

Hey Bluedog, have you been to the new Patsy's yet in Morris Park? I have been to the one in East Harlem (which I love!), but not Morris Park yet. Not even sure if they are officially open.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:38 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxyDude View Post
Hey Bluedog, have you been to the new Patsy's yet in Morris Park? I have been to the one in East Harlem (which I love!), but not Morris Park yet. Not even sure if they are officially open.
Yes. It's open.Went there last week.It did not disappoint.Patricia's must be freaking out.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:50 PM

I stopped going to Patricia's ever since they opened the new place. It became much prettier on the inside, but I think the food has became really subpar, particularly for the price, service is lousy, and it is entirely too loud to enjoy the meal, so no more for me. I will give Patsy's a try though. I gave up on Tosca's in Throggs Neck years ago as soon as they did the expansion...they can't handle the size and the food/service went to hell.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:21 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times
What area is 'Indian Village' exactly ? It's one of those tiny neighborhoods not many locals know about. Just like 'Tudor Village' in south Queens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City