Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 11:18 AM

19 posts, read 28,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
BrandNewCitizen,

I'm so happy you won your appeal. Now you go out and make as much money as you can to get out of the low once bracket and you go make Obama and the rest of the world proud!!! Show everyone you're a success story to go along with you super posh high end LIC pad.

One of my neighbors was telling me her friends are shocked and offended that she lives and can afford LIC cause she's a cashier at the post office. These lotteries can be a blessing yet create tension amongst the working classes unnecessarily.
What condescending bs.
EVERYONE in these lotteries including yourself, are getting a break in rent.
The only unnecessary tension on this thread has been posted by you.

Congratulations to you BrandNewCitizen. Have a wonderful life in your new apartment.
Hopefully they will reach my log # before they fill up.

As for NYCLotteryGurl ……. Time to ignore you again.

And as a public service ………….. NYC LOTTERY GURL IS A TROLL

Old 07-22-2015, 12:17 PM

136 posts, read 217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
BrandNewCitizen,

I'm so happy you won your appeal. Now you go out and make as much money as you can to get out of the low once bracket and you go make Obama and the rest of the world proud!!! Show everyone you're a success story to go along with you super posh high end LIC pad.

One of my neighbors was telling me her friends are shocked and offended that she lives and can afford LIC cause she's a cashier at the post office. These lotteries can be a blessing yet create tension amongst the working classes unnecessarily.
Its not so fun to be in the low income bracket, but at times you are stuck since you either too high for low income and too low for middle....I guess one has to be in it, to understand it. I wouldn’t call it proud, but more of a stage that one goes through and affordable housing is there to help you, and not to abuse it!

Old 07-22-2015, 12:23 PM

170 posts, read 315,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Its not so fun to be in the low income bracket, but at times you are stuck since you either too high for low income and too low for middle....I guess one has to be in it, to understand it. I wouldn’t call it proud, but more of a stage that one goes through and affordable housing is there to help you, and not to abuse it!
There shouldn't be any shame in being in the low-income bracket. The city would fall apart without people performing so many low-paying jobs.

Ignore NYCLotteryGurl, she's a troll.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:37 PM

19 posts, read 28,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
There shouldn't be any shame in being in the low-income bracket. The city would fall apart without people performing so many low-paying jobs.

Ignore NYCLotteryGurl, she's a troll.
A lot of the low income applicants are Artists, Writers,Musicians and Performing Artists.
The very people that make NYC an interesting and vibrant city to be. They are forced out of
the neighborhoods they helped to recreate including L.I.C.. No one should be shamed by the salaries
they make. They pay taxes like the rest of us.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:39 PM

96 posts, read 101,624 times
I got called today for an interview!
bad news is im on unemployment- I have contract work lined up starting 8/3

any advice?

Old 07-22-2015, 12:56 PM

218 posts, read 473,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c983c View Post
I got called today for an interview!
bad news is im on unemployment- I have contract work lined up starting 8/3

any advice?
If you are in middle income- One member of my household also consist of contract work. They ask for your taxes from 2014 and they will also ask you to provide a letter from your employer stating your projecting income for the job.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:58 PM

96 posts, read 101,624 times
No Im am in low income, for a studio.

I can get a letter. will contact my contract company now to get the ball rolling
thank you!

Old 07-22-2015, 12:59 PM

110 posts, read 218,774 times
I got an email last night saying to get my paperwork together and to expect a call in a few days...anyone else get that?!? I'm really shocked considering that my number is around 50,000! I qualify for the mid-income studio or 1br (but am hoping for the studio, since I don't really want to pay $2K for the 1br). I'm not even sure if I want to move there, since I'm also on the waiting list for Penn South. I'm definitely intrigued though! I'm still planning to purchase the Penn South co-op once I have the opportunity, but the way that list is going, I have no idea if that will be in 5 months or 5 years. Would be nice to know I had something nice and stabilized in the meantime!

Has anyone else looking for the mid-income studio or 1br been called or looked at apartments lately? If so, what log number did you have?!

Old 07-22-2015, 01:09 PM

357 posts, read 656,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyDNYC View Post
I got an email last night saying to get my paperwork together and to expect a call in a few days...anyone else get that?!? I'm really shocked considering that my number is around 50,000! I qualify for the mid-income studio or 1br (but am hoping for the studio, since I don't really want to pay $2K for the 1br). I'm not even sure if I want to move there, since I'm also on the waiting list for Penn South. I'm definitely intrigued though! I'm still planning to purchase the Penn South co-op once I have the opportunity, but the way that list is going, I have no idea if that will be in 5 months or 5 years. Would be nice to know I had something nice and stabilized in the meantime!

Has anyone else looking for the mid-income studio or 1br been called or looked at apartments lately? If so, what log number did you have?!
Log# 8000's with Municipal employee preference. Signed my lease last week. Moving Aug 25th.

I am also on the wait list for a co-op but from what I hear that can take YEARS!!! So im moving on and taking a chance at HPS.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:15 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,324 times
Aw, NYCLotteryGurl is just upset because they haven't given her an apartment yet despite her stellar credentials.

Has anyone moved in yet that can tell us about what's it like to live in the neighborhood? Before the lottery started, I took a look around the neighborhood briefly and it looked kind of deserted (of course this was on a chilly weekend when the 7 train wasn't running right).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery