Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 11:42 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,400,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Why do people still care about royalty that has no authority to do anything?
People care a lot less than the royals than Kim Kardashian. Does that make you feel any better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 11:57 AM

8,938 posts, read 4,783,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
They have no job and receive money from the tax money via the government. So basicly they're a welfare family. Wonder if the wealthy of NYC will welcome other welfare families with such glee?
Well they do draw in the tourists to Britain and tourism in Britain brings huge revenue for the country so...I guess in that sense, they do have jobs representing British culture and basically all things British.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:00 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,994,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
With several RENT CONTROLLED castles.

I have often wondered why the British, seemingly not a particularly dimwitted race, permit these drones to exist?
LOL...
So many misunderstandings of the royals prevail here...they seem to be non-productive, but they actually are. Behind all the hyper and glory of their titles, life can be quite a challenge for them in a different way.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:00 PM

24 posts, read 23,410 times
Quote:
They have no job and receive money from the tax money via the government. So basicly they're a welfare family. Wonder if the wealthy of NYC will welcome other welfare families with such glee?
I don't particularly care for most of the royals but I think you'll find that Prince William has worked all his adult life, many years as a helicopter rescue pilot, and still pilots an air ambulance helicopter.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:16 PM

383 posts, read 430,738 times
Glad someone started a thread. All the media coverage makes me sick. I don't know how people in good conscience could live like they do, so extravagantly, and have the U.S. lap it all up. The U.S.! It's like Marie Antoinette goes to Brooklyn. "Let them eat Little Debbies!"

Disgusting.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:22 PM

17,650 posts, read 17,763,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Well they do draw in the tourists to Britain and tourism in Britain brings huge revenue for the country so...I guess in that sense, they do have jobs representing British culture and basically all things British.
Tourist don't get to see the royal family. They do get tours of historical sites.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:24 PM

17,650 posts, read 17,763,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventrata View Post
I don't particularly care for most of the royals but I think you'll find that Prince William has worked all his adult life, many years as a helicopter rescue pilot, and still pilots an air ambulance helicopter.
I didn't say he never worked, but if he's currently working as an air ambulance helicopter pilot then he's a long way from his job.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:27 PM

24 posts, read 23,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNorthMainer View Post
Glad someone started a thread. All the media coverage makes me sick. I don't know how people in good conscience could live like they do, so extravagantly, and have the U.S. lap it all up. The U.S.! It's like Marie Antoinette goes to Brooklyn. "Let them eat Little Debbies!"

Disgusting.
Yes, disgusting your knowledge is so lacking, he's a helicopter rescue pilot. What do you do that is so worthy?

Old 12-08-2014, 12:32 PM

19,075 posts, read 14,013,809 times
Quote:
I didn't say he never worked, but if he's currently working as an air ambulance helicopter pilot then he's a long way from his job.
Jealous of people who get to take vacations?

Old 12-08-2014, 02:13 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,927,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
who gives a rats ass about thees two.
they aint no different than us.
I agree. I get sick and tired of hearing about them. Reminds me of the Kardashians. Who cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City