Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 03:30 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times

Advertisements

No, I girl-spread.

That's when you put your shopping bags on the adjacent seat.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 08:21 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Sometimes the problem on a subway (or a bus for people who MUST exit the front door) is that only when the train comes to a full stop do they decide it is time to stand up, gather their belongings and start meandering towards the open door.

I think some get their rocks off that way with the attitude "You are ALL going to wait for ME"<don't we all know people like this?>
They get miffed when those in a hurry to find a seat don't treat them like the royalty they think they are.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:16 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Manspreaders are douchbags but they're not a big problem. If you don't have the guys to fight for the space there's always a person getting on the next stop that will push for the seat space.

People standing with backpacks are ONE THOUSAND TIMES worse. They take away atleast one standing spot and constantly assault people left and right.

I want to see the cops arresting people who don't put down their backpacks on crowded trains

Old 06-10-2015, 10:18 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Manspreaders are douchbags but they're not a big problem. If you don't have the guys to fight for the space there's always a person getting on the next stop that will push for the seat space.

People standing with backpacks are ONE THOUSAND TIMES worse. They take away atleast one standing spot and constantly assault people left and right.

I want to see the cops arresting people who don't put down their backpacks instead
Yea - this is true. And they swing left and right like they are not wearing a backpack or at least completely oblivious to the radius that the backpack encompasses when they turn.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:50 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,931,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Yea - this is true. And they swing left and right like they are not wearing a backpack or at least completely oblivious to the radius that the backpack encompasses when they turn.
Backpacks worn as such are not allowed in the museums for precisely that reason.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:25 PM

595 posts, read 560,655 times
Major annoyances on public transportation-

-People crossing their legs while sitting preventing passengers from moving into the middle of the car
-manspreading
-pole leaners
-shopping bags on seats
-new passengers asking existing passengers to move in when there clearly is no space. The next good damn train is 2 minutes away

Old 06-10-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboibob View Post
-new passengers asking existing passengers to move in when there clearly is no space. The next good damn train is 2 minutes away
These idiots are so proud of themselves too. They're self-appointed subway monitors who are telling people they should be moving somewhere for what they assume is open space. Usually of course there's strollers or boxes/bags and everyone is already packed like sardines.

Arguments usually start flying and then there's the ones who are uncontent with people disobeying them that they just decide to start ramming the people at the door and it's every man woman and child for themselves at the football field on tracks

Old 06-10-2015, 05:21 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Sometimes the problem on a subway (or a bus for people who MUST exit the front door) is that only when the train comes to a full stop do they decide it is time to stand up, gather their belongings and start meandering towards the open door.

I think some get their rocks off that way with the attitude "You are ALL going to wait for ME"<don't we all know people like this?>
They get miffed when those in a hurry to find a seat don't treat them like the royalty they think they are.
In a crowed train or bus to keep from falling down or falling on a person.Is to wait until the bus or train comes to a
Complete stop their is nothing to hold on too. To keep your balance if not you will be jerk around,and maybe fall.especially
If your a senior.and before the train or bus stops I make the motion so people in side can tell that I'm getting off.and I exit
As quickly as possible. This is the right thing to do,I 'd seen people trying to stand up before the train or bus comes to a,
Complete stop and they get jerk around.And at times fall better safe...😊..then sorry...😩 .

Old 06-11-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post

You are so off base it's not even funny. Yes you can gather your stuff before the train stops but proper procedure is to WAIT until the train comes to a full stop before getting and/or moving towards the door.

Every once in a while you get a nervous nellie who's either old or a tourist and decides it's a good idea to get up from their seat in a crowded train in between stops. Everyone around her rightly keeps holding on and doesn't clear a path and you see the confusion set in.

Only amateurs get up before the train has stopped, you just don't do **** like that

Old 06-11-2015, 10:31 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
So then the dimwits/royalty who arrive at the exit door a half minute late should NOT expect the City of New York to wait for their exit before entering. No, God Bless The Queen will not be playing at exit,

If they are so frail then perhaps they should be dealing with Access-a-Ride rather than being a pain in the ass on a subway.

It is so simple: If you cannot ride the subway, DO NOT ride the subway. It really isn't all that complicated.

Here's how it works:
Your Stop...get up and get out.
You cannot do it fast?
Then be prepared to have others come in first.

Easy Peasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: