Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 03:45 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaazz30 View Post
Yes I will do that . I hope they can actually remove him from this particular route because I don't want him anywhere near my mail or my house.

do you think that will be effective or will he just have a complaint on his file but still be able to deliver my mail.
What will you do if the new mailman or mailwoman is worse!!! 😕. To me as long as I get my mail.
He could gossip until the cows come home...🐮..🐄..🐮..HA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 05:24 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,933,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Quality of USPS workers especially carriers has gone down recently. Yes, you have a good number who are dedicated and try to do their best; the others however quite honestly need to go.
I was told ... they are hiring in programs similar to work release.

Ex-cons, and also people they are trying to encourage to move from welfare. The informant made the point that many of them simply do not want to work, and/or do not want to work at that job in any case.

I think this will change because people have stopped using the post offices here and won't again until things improve. It stands to reason that this will impact their business.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:32 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,007,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post

Ex-cons, and also people they are trying to encourage to move from welfare. The informant made the point that many of them simply do not want to work, and/or do not want to work at that job in any case.

I think this will change because people have stopped using the post offices here and won't again until things improve. It stands to reason that this will impact their business.
Like I say, it is time to do what every other major western nation has done; privatize the US postal system. If people knew they could be terminated at once for cause they would step up their game.

Audit: Post Office Workers

'Rude' Postal Employees Could Cost USPS $300 Million This Year - Management - GovExec.com

Old 07-23-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:

Giving ex-cons, postal service jobs and allowing them to handle people's personal mail.
Is like giving them the keys to the safe in a bank. The people that are employed that
do not want to work. Might be the reason why some are stealing or selling people's,
Identity. Now I see why the USPS is going down hill. I have notice the changes, with
the type of service we are getting. " BAD SERVICE " with " BAD ATTITUDE " 😠... and
" NO EXPERIENCE THIS IS SAD "...😥 😩.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:35 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
Quote:

I have noticed this but I think these are like "temps", or seasonal employees. I've noticed them walking around or on public transport with the USPS shorts or slacks. I wonder if they are really ex-cons or what you are saying? Do not think USPS would hire full time employees with that kind of background.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I have noticed this but I think these are like "temps", or seasonal employees. I've noticed them walking around or on public transport with the USPS shorts or slacks. I wonder if they are really ex-cons or what you are saying? Do not think USPS would hire full time employees with that kind of background.
One of the mail carrier "a female" very young looking.she drives around in her car making mail deliveries...😒.
With the mail inside her car, I have seen this twice, I can only emagin all the personal info.she gets her hands on...😎.
My nieghbor notice the same thing,this also happened last week. That mail carrier is not brite at all this a big mess!..😱.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:12 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,684,170 times
I just realized why you were getting a surprisingly number of mean comments. It's because my impression is that most of this forum is male. So they consider it as an opportunity for jokes or sexual innuendo. Apart from possibly some essential insensitivity, they're really clueless about how intrusive this feels, and how vulnerable this would make a woman feel.

Great links, Bugsy - thank you.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
That's what I was told by someone who works at one of the branches - as a reason why things are not going well. So many packages simply vanished.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I just realized why you were getting a surprisingly number of mean comments. It's because my impression is that most of this forum is male. So they consider it as an opportunity for jokes or sexual innuendo. Apart from possibly some essential insensitivity, they're really clueless about how intrusive this feels, and how vulnerable this would make a woman feel.
I just skipped those ...
I think you are right, though.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:31 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,819,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
My worry would be when the postman gets wind of your complaint. If he stays on, your mail might start disappearing.
We have had the same fool for almost 18 years. He delivers, for all intents and purposes, 3 days a week -- like as in fully crams the boxes. The others? A few pieces of junk mail. He consistently delivers to the wrong addresses. Our postmaster told us he has "connections" and he cannot get rid of him ( we're friends with the postmaster's brother-in-law) . Trust me, complaints only get you grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: