Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 07:00 AM

733 posts, read 724,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunther124 View Post
i got a call from medical stating i need "clearance" for an abnormal EKG. would that mean im DQ'd?
Lol you said it yourself ... You need clearance .. So my guess would be that you need to re do your ekg either at the same place or some other place ... Ekg seems to give messed up readings sometimes ... But if you don't get clearance yea you dq

Old 06-24-2016, 07:12 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunther124 View Post
i got a call from medical stating i need "clearance" for an abnormal EKG. would that mean im DQ'd?
No, go to an outside doctor for another EKG have them write a letter, bring it to DSNY and your good. I needed the same thing

Old 06-24-2016, 09:58 AM

712 posts, read 1,207,435 times
I finally got in touch with the nurses at DSNY I did not get DQ for high cholesterol. I was DQ for my surgerys even with clearance letters. With that being said they need to follow guidelines and I have to appeal it

Old 06-24-2016, 10:13 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
I finally got in touch with the nurses at DSNY I did not get DQ for high cholesterol. I was DQ for my surgerys even with clearance letters. With that being said they need to follow guidelines and I have to appeal it
Crap good luck. At least you already knew what it was. Can't wait till you win your appeal!

Question - did you or anyone call for your medical results on a daily basis? Was there any downside to doing that?

I've been calling once a day since the two week mark hit after my medical, and I feel like maybe they look down upon that. Am I just worrying for no reason?

Thanks

Old 06-24-2016, 10:15 AM

529 posts, read 727,141 times
Venom is the luckiest man in the world. I know people that had to wait years to get on with DOC... I wish I had your life. Houses and jobs that come in the blink of an eye

Old 06-24-2016, 10:21 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub718 View Post
venom is the luckiest man in the world. I know people that had to wait years to get on with doc... I wish i had your life. Houses and jobs that come in the blink of an eye
lmao

Old 06-24-2016, 01:37 PM

15 posts, read 20,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Crap good luck. At least you already knew what it was. Can't wait till you win your appeal!

Question - did you or anyone call for your medical results on a daily basis? Was there any downside to doing that?

I've been calling once a day since the two week mark hit after my medical, and I feel like maybe they look down upon that. Am I just worrying for no reason?

Thanks
You're not the only one calling. At these times, these people are getting bombarded with phone calls and it's up you to stay on top of your stuff. So don't worry. As far as why they haven't reached you yet, it could be that they take one large stack of folders and separate them into let's say 5 stacks. Of those 5 stacks, your folder may be at the bottom of 1 of them and they haven't gotten to you yet. Trust me, there are people who call all sorts of hours.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:03 PM

359 posts, read 466,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
Venom is the luckiest man in the world. I know people that had to wait years to get on with DOC... I wish I had your life. Houses and jobs that come in the blink of an eye
The process was 6-7 months . They are sending 750 of us to academy . Still another exam available and the other one is still being processed . I guess since rikers is going to ****s they are hiring out the wazoo.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:39 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post

Yeah I'm fairly sure we told you a billion times that if you disclose your medical history, you're getting DQed regardless of if you have doctor's forms with you.

It's all about LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY. If I'm the dsny clinic and you show me your doctor's forms...doesn't matter I AM THE ONE SIGNING OFF ON YOU. You get hurt, city spends a fortune. Now in an appeal your doctor will be made along with the approval of a judge to be responsible. You get hurt...hey we said he DQed him in the first place.

Good luck with that appeal. You'll get in, don't lose hope

Old 06-24-2016, 03:29 PM

36 posts, read 51,342 times
What's up everyone! Got a cellphone ticket.....even though my cell phone wasn't in my hand. It was in my cup holder near my arm rest, I have Bluetooth and was talking to my sister. I plead not guilty and the court date isn't until next year. Does this mean I'll get DQ'ed at final processing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City