Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 10:37 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,497,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
They better not pull this crap where my kids go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Thank god I'll never raise kids here.
I know right, that would be horrible if my kids had to go to school with minorities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 10:48 AM

931 posts, read 802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I know right, that would be horrible if my kids had to go to school with minorities
Yeah ok. And I'd love to hear your dumba$$ reaction when white people in gentrifying areas begin to "desegregate" minority schools. I bet you'll be screaming discrimination or the rich are invading our minority schools. Keep whitey out! Right?

I'd bet that you'd love to preserve minority schools and keep them that way. Am I right? FOH!

Old 11-22-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
Yeah ok. And I'd love to hear your dumba$$ reaction when white people in gentrifying areas begin to "desegregate" minority schools. I bet you'll be screaming discrimination or the rich are invading our minority schools. Keep whitey out! Right?

I'd bet that you'd love to preserve minority schools and keep them that way. Am I right? FOH!
No actually, I'm also against the "gentrification is evil" rhetoric.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:04 AM

931 posts, read 802,578 times
Quote:
No actually, I'm also against the "gentrification is evil" rhetoric.
Very surprising indeed. So you're ok with gentrifying the hood right?

Old 11-22-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
Very surprising indeed. So you're ok with gentrifying the hood right?
To an extent

I think it sucks that rents are rising, but some people don't seem to understand that they're not entitled to live somewhere if they don't own property.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:15 AM

205 posts, read 246,993 times
them lil whiteyz up in dem skoolz yo weather they be needin to bus em up in here yo or our chilrin we goin up in they school yo day be makin r skooz betta fa real!

Old 11-22-2015, 11:17 AM

19,064 posts, read 13,992,119 times
Quote:
I know this is pointless, but:

As I've said numerous times in the past: forced de-segregation does not work. The "whitey's" forced to sit next to poor ghetto kids will be negatively affected by their behavior and the poor minorities will not benefit from spending their days fending off seemingly endless racial slights.

Minorty children from established families who move to middle-class white neighborhoods not because of affordable housing or forced de-segregation schemes but rather being successful and making proper life choices fit in just fine and I welcome any minority group into my neighbohood who does it this way.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:50 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,859,455 times
Good. Maybe this will keep more snobby jerks and their skin yachts from moving to brooklyn. They always claim they move here for the diversity, now let's see them let their butts cash those checks their mouths are always writing.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:52 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,998,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I know this is pointless, but:

As I've said numerous times in the past: forced de-segregation does not work. The "whitey's" forced to sit next to poor ghetto kids will be negatively affected by their behavior and the poor minorities will not benefit from spending their days fending off seemingly endless racial slights.

Minorty children from established families who move to middle-class white neighborhoods not because of affordable housing or forced de-segregation schemes but rather being successful and making proper life choices fit in just fine and I welcome any minority group into my neighbohood who does it this way.
Not true.

I went to school with white kids and I did not spend my days fending off seemingly endless racial slights. My high school was integrated via court order. Kids and communities get over this stuff once it is done.

Btw, segregated was FORCED and DONE by government and corporate order. The government when they subsidized mortgages specifically required that no Blacks get them (this was until the civil rights laws were passed). So blacks couldn't move upward into middle class neighborhoods. They could move into the housing projects (many were living in deteriorated housing before).

Btw teachers often avoid teaching in bad neighborhoods and the teachers they do get often don't have the proper credentials to teach. Traditionally poor neighborhoods have had far less in the way of resources available to public schools. So social mobility just isn't going to happen for the most part.

That's why the government uses integration to move things along.

But all levels of education were segregated up until the 60s and 70s. The Ivy League was for white men. White women had to go to separate schools. Harvard was for white men, Radcliffe was for white women. Columbia was for white men, Barnard was for white women. Those universities had to be integrated along the lines of race and gender.

Hillary herself had to go to a women's college undergrad. By the time she finished integration made law school available to women so she was able to go to Yale. Barack Obama and Ben Carson went to top universities AFTER the civil rights movement integrated higher education.

You're projecting your own fears towards change in your neighborhood, and using your created scenarios as an excuse to try to stop changes you don't like.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:54 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,998,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Good. Maybe this will keep more snobby jerks and their skin yachts from moving to brooklyn. They always claim they move here for the diversity, now let's see them let their butts cash those checks their mouths are always writing.
Not really. Their 18+ kids already go to integrated universities and the workplace is integrated somewhat. This just starts it earlier in k-12. Southern schools are a lot more integrated than ones in NYC. Now you finally have integration in NYC in part due to demographics change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City