Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 05:56 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times

Advertisements

The MTA told its bus drivers that they are to let people on, if they don’t pay their fare and not to say anything. Then recently they made it so that it’s LEGAL to hop the train in Manhattan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 05:57 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
Do they get caught often or no?
NO. It’s a bonafide free for all up there

Old 04-28-2018, 05:58 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
Do they get caught often or no?
Nope. The get on the back of the bus and the driver says nothing and they hop the train right in front of the person in the ticket booth and they say nothing. Sometimes I think I'm the foolish one actually paying to ride the crappy MTA when I see so many people riding it for free.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:12 PM

69 posts, read 78,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
The MTA told its bus drivers that they are to let people on, if they don’t pay their fare and not to say anything. Then recently they made it so that it’s LEGAL to hop the train in Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
NO. It’s a bonafide free for all up there

Lol what do you mean by it’s legal in Manhattan? I live in Brooklyn. Is it legal here too

Old 04-28-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Nope. The get on the back of the bus and the driver says nothing and they hop the train right in front of the person in the ticket booth and they say nothing. Sometimes I think I'm the foolish one actually paying to ride the crappy MTA when I see so many people riding it for free.
Yea I agree. Hate to see so many people walking on for free especially the bus and I’m paying. I even seen people walk on for free while traffic cops was on the bus. That’s why half the time I get on the bus I stick a metrocard in that doesn’t work. The train I’m more cautious cause I know the cops sometimes hide in secret rooms

Old 04-28-2018, 09:22 PM

1,063 posts, read 697,110 times
$3 is not worth $3k in bail. Just pay the fare or move out of NYC.

Old 04-29-2018, 01:46 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,642,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
$3 is not worth $3k in bail. Just pay the fare or move out of NYC.
What in the world? Why would somebody be arrested, let alone need to be bailed out, for fare evasion? I can understand if you have warrants but even in those cases 3k is a lot

Old 04-29-2018, 04:39 AM

1,063 posts, read 697,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
What in the world? Why would somebody be arrested, let alone need to be bailed out, for fare evasion? I can understand if you have warrants but even in those cases 3k is a lot
If you're Black or Latino it will be an arrest and 3k bail wrestled to the ground elevate charges to disorderly conduct and potentially resisting arrest and possession of a dangerous weapon (ball point pen)

White it will be a ticket summons for court desk appearance

Old 04-29-2018, 07:14 AM

You sure man? I’m black and got a ticket once for walking through the emergency exit door in the subway. I was in Times Square and a bunch of people was just walking through the emergency exit. I decided to do the same and the cop only stopped me and gave me a ticket. I asked him what about the other hundred of people that was walking through? I was just following the crowd. I asked why they only stopped me and didn’t stop all those other people. I guess cause I’m black. The cop asked if I knew those other people. This was years ago this happened and I got a $60 ticket.

My point is I don’t think anyone is getting arrested for fare evasion nowadays especially the bus. From what I know it’s just a ticket. Not no 3k bail or bookings even if you are black

Old 04-29-2018, 04:33 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,577,158 times
Makes me wonder how common is tax evasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City