Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Marijuana Smoke on the Streets Becoming a Problem?
Yes 66 42.86%
No 88 57.14%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 02:33 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
I kinda like the Mexico stuff. There is something magical about tunneling that fire over here in the bowels of Mexican mules, running for their lives over the US border.. it kinda makes me trip harder on that weed? That adds to the potency of the fire.
Meh. It has its diehards down here in Texas. I came back down from Michigan where I had been growing my own/shopping at dispensaries for a bit, and it was like going back to the dark ages picking out massive amounts of seed and stalks half as thick as my finger. After the nostalgia kick has faded, it just plain sucks. Buying an "ounce" with maybe 14-15 grams of something you can smoke, a significant proportion of which is leaf that should be blasted into wax and not smoked like bud. But to each their own, I guess.

In any case, a whiff of that is going to be a lot better than a dumpster basking in the summer heat, an ad-hoc bum urinal or any other more "traditional" city street fragrance like so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 03:01 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
In any case, a whiff of that is going to be a lot better than a dumpster basking in the summer heat, an ad-hoc bum urinal or any other more "traditional" city street fragrance like so.
Those are pretty much in the same bucket of smells as pot. It's really disgusting

Old 03-21-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Those are pretty much in the same bucket of smells as pot. It's really disgusting
So, ranked one through three, which is the least offensive to you?

Old 03-21-2019, 04:07 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
So, ranked one through three, which is the least offensive to you?
There's no distinction to me, I will literally stop breathing and hold my breath for all three until I've walked past

Old 03-21-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
There's no distinction to me, I will literally stop breathing and hold my breath for all three until I've walked past
I know which one I'd "rank" first.

Rank.....rank.......the English language sure has a sense of humor sometimes.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:42 PM

33 posts, read 41,298 times
On a hot summer day pot is the least offensive smell assailing my nostrils.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:34 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,660 times
How about when your children smell the pot smoke on the street? Is pot smoke healthy for kids?

Maybe we should lower the weed age down so toddlers can get baked too. All the weed advocates say it is all around healthy and it's natural so why don't you feed your kids some brownies. According to every stoner pot is healthiest thing on earth so lets get the kids high too?

Anything that is natural is healthy so getting your toddlers ripped is healthy too.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:53 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
I saw a guy on the train the other day sipping a bottle of Becks out in the open with no bag on it and to be honest that pissed me off more

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-22-2019, 09:42 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,267,364 times
I rarely smell weed and if I do it's only for a very short time as I'm walking on the sidewalk--no big deal. Of all the nasty garbage and poop smells in the city, the only reason I can think of that people make a big deal out of this smell is to use it as a platform to do their best Nancy Reagan impersonations and get all judgey.

I admit the smell isn't really great, but neither is it repulsive to me. Also, as it gets legalized in other states there are more and more cannabis products that are being highly refined which do not have that same smell when consumed.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:45 PM

779 posts, read 1,004,195 times
Yet, when you walk behind someone smoking a cigar or cigarette on the street, you gladly inhale with relief that it's legal.

2nd hand marijuana smoke has almost no impact on you, other than knowing the other person is getting high, for you to get the slightest 2nd hand high you would have to be in a car with the windows closed.

You will smell it a lot more often in the coming year or two, with NJ set to legalize pretty soon, NY has to follow, otherwise all the profits/taxes will flow out of state, just like the many billions we lost to gambling in Atlantic City over the decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City