Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 05:53 PM

83 posts, read 75,553 times

Advertisements

They're gonna need to decrease crime by 500% first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 06:01 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianlivesmatter909 View Post
They're gonna need to decrease crime by 500% first.

Well, "crime" is now being redefined, so technically, that is very possble.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:25 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
LES is close to midtown by subway, and it's in Lower Manhattan itself

so is chambers street, and it'll take you 45 minutes and a few transfers to get to lennox hill central park east. from the bronx, it'll take you 20 minutes.

manhattan is a long, narrow borough. just because you're at one side of manhattan doesn't mean it's more convenient to get to another.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:16 PM

83 posts, read 75,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Well, "crime" is now being redefined, so technically, that is very possble.
They're also gonna have to start fining tenants for congregating in front of apartment building at all hours of the night. Who really wants to go home when there is a gang of 50 in front of the place smoking weed, drinking, and blasting loud music? All this socializing should be done in doors, not out. It decreases the value of the building and the neighborhood.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:24 PM

^ that's one of the main issues I have always had with renting with a dog. I would have no problem with it without one. NOW the main issue is having big dogs in a neigborhood overrun by toddlers :/ It's almost worse, at least MORE anxiety producing.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:31 PM

620 posts, read 1,073,451 times
I used to HATE the idea of gentrification... but when you research the HISTORY of this amazing city... it has always changed hands over the years over and over.... its just the way it goes !!

Also, its not only NYC ... even though it seems were are the loudest about it ... in major cities in country and the world people are moving to areas that are cheaper...

Furthermore... I like th whole LES feel of yuppy places and projects mixed together. My barber is next to the Baruch Houses in the hood ( they are spanish) and i go get my cut from there ( would never let a w*** peson cut my hair) and then go to Wolf Nights ( a hipster place) because their food is sooo amazing. I like how it is gritty yet has more options than just Crown Fried Chicken or Chinese food.

NYCHA is not going ANYWHERE so these huge population will always live there and mix with the new comers.

Now if you talk about Tribeca... that place is just plain boring , white washed , corny and not even on my radar. I can afford to go to the clubs there and eat at the places but I choose not to cuz its just not my crowd. Boring , older , mostly white boring yuppys ( no thanks ) .

Finally... just because say LES is gentrified doesn't mean you can't hang out there... I live about 40 minutes way in the BX and am always hanging around the LES on my down time whether its eating dumplings or just playing basketball...

We have this notion that we NEED to live where we play... that is not the case anymore.. thank god we have a very useful subway .. I love NYC..

Lighten up ! Load a bowl !!! )))

Old 06-01-2016, 07:33 PM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times
But see thats the thing - back in the day the average joe could take a paycheck and have 1 night out on the town like the big boys - for many, that's getting harder to do.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-01-2016, 07:34 PM

quote:
I can afford to go to the clubs there and eat at the places but I choose not to cuz its just not my crowd. Boring , older , mostly white boring yuppys

lol, nice humble brag there. But agreeance with your last sentence!

Old 06-01-2016, 07:36 PM

quote:
But see thats the thing - back in the day the average joe could take a paycheck and have 1 night out on the town like the big boys - for many, that's getting harder to do.

NYC has had a ZERO TOLERANCE rule to blue collar people since like... 2000? Maybe 1990? Poor people don't spend their money at the local bars on a Friday night anymore with their friends, they spend it at Target. (seriously)

Old 06-01-2016, 07:41 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianlivesmatter909 View Post
They're also gonna have to start fining tenants for congregating in front of apartment building at all hours of the night. Who really wants to go home when there is a gang of 50 in front of the place smoking weed, drinking, and blasting loud music? All this socializing should be done in doors, not out. It decreases the value of the building and the neighborhood.
There is no law that says you can't hangout in front of your apartment building. If you can't deal with the way people in the neighborhood act, don't live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City