Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 01:26 PM

4,768 posts, read 6,555,721 times

Advertisements

They will want updated information, at the very least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 09:23 AM

12 posts, read 44,885 times
Update: Interview has been completed! I was told I wouldn't truly know when I'd hear back, but if I pass, I'll be contacted by the building's lease management team (good news?).

I had to bring my birth certificate, SS card, passport, driver's license, and most importantly, a $25 money order for a background/credit check. Oh –*and an end of employment letter from a former job. That's it.

The interviewer was so kind, funny, and relatable. We filled out his paperwork/forms together, which included very general questions (that were addressed in previous paperwork, so very repetitive). Questions like "Where were you employed before your current job?" "Where did you live prior?" "How are your living conditions?" "Are you accepting income in other forms?" "Why do you want to move?" "Any past crimes/drug abuse?"

Like I said, very easy and straight forward. He said I was one of the few that had all of their paperwork together, so I stress: Have your paperwork!

They've moved rather quickly on this entire process so I'm hoping to hear back soon. Fingers crossed!

Old 07-30-2016, 02:24 PM

4 posts, read 7,983 times
Default Congrats!

How long did it take after the lottery closed and you got the log number, that you were called?

Old 08-01-2016, 08:13 AM

@jazize66 The lottery closed in September of 2015 and I was notified June 2016. I believe the building started renting out end of 2015 and fully open in early 2016. While that took a long time, it seems like they are moving rather quickly on other items (application, interview, etc).

I just received a call that I passed the interview and I'm moving on to the next part of the process, which would be hearing from leasing! I think this is good news, right? Anyone know what that part of the process may entail?

I was told it would be several months, but not to worry because I was still moving forward.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:00 PM

Wow, that sounds excellent to me! Fingers crossed for you.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:08 PM

Thanks @macnyc2003! Still nervous of course because I know I'm not guaranteed anything until I sign the paperwork. I know they haven't done the credit check yet since I haven't received a hard inquiry so I suppose once that passes, then the leasing management will contact me with further steps. From what I've read, they could request updated paperwork (which makes sense).

Old 08-02-2016, 11:51 AM

Despite receiving a call that said I passed the interview, I just got a call saying I was over income and unable to appeal. I presented all my financials up front so I'm not sure why they let me go so far in the process just to get sent back to the drawing board...

Old 08-02-2016, 11:58 AM

246 posts, read 485,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerscrossednyc View Post
Despite receiving a call that said I passed the interview, I just got a call saying I was over income and unable to appeal. I presented all my financials up front so I'm not sure why they let me go so far in the process just to get sent back to the drawing board...
why are you unable to appeal. everyone has a right to appeal. I am sorry you did not get the apartment.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:13 PM

They are supposed to give you this information in writing and also specify how they arrived at that. If you don't receive a letter in the mail, please press the point. And yes, you are supposed to have the right to appeal.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:56 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,841,918 times
http://www.nychdc.com/Questions

Why wasn't I accepted for an apartment?

There may be many reasons, but the most frequent is because you did not meet income eligibility requirements. The federal government and/or HDC set minimum requirements; however, the developer may also set additional requirements concerning the applicant's ability to be a responsible tenant. If you feel you were unfairly or wrongly rejected for an apartment, you must contact the managing agent first. The managing agent should have given you a written reason for rejection and a time frame for appealing the owner's decision, typically fourteen days. If you have not been given an opportunity to appeal, please call HDC at (212) 227-5500 and ask to speak to someone in the Compliance Unit or you can e-mail HDC at hdccompliance@nychdc.com. Please provide as much information about your situation as possible, including complete contact information; someone from the Compliance Unit will contact you to follow up on your situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: