Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 07:53 AM

24 posts, read 20,677 times

Advertisements

Blue, thanks again for your insights. I have alerts for all those buildings that you have mentioned, but true 2Br don't come around very often. I keep running into 1Br that have been poorly reconfigured with sheetrock to pretend to be 2Br and given my family space requirements, that just won't work. What bugs me even more is how brokers insist this is the original configuration of an apartment when websites have info about the same apartment above or below with the original setup.

I did live in 3 diff building around Bedford Park and the Concourse and know the area well. I have been spoiled by living in great buildings (very well kept with tons of space) and because of that I want something at the same level. I don't want luxury but I want a building that is very well kept.

By the way, I visited 3000 Valentine on Sunday and was very unimpressed. If I have to describe it in a word I'd say DINGY. The apartment had 50 years of paint, layer upon layer. I had never seen a telephone jack (in the kitchen) completely covered by paint to a point where you couldn't tell it was there. The apartment needs at least 30K in upgrades, starting with the kitchen. Those things I could live with, but I also noticed that Valentine is narrow street and that building across robs the daylight from coming in. Apartment 4B faces the front, but you get a feeling that it sits in the back because of this lack of light. The lobby had a decrepit feeling and stale smell to it. Elevators were dirty.

The search continues. 190 Moshulu had a unit 2 months ago, but it was a 1Br and I need at least 2.

Thanks again to all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 07:55 AM

24 posts, read 20,677 times
I drove by 2962 Decatur and there are a couple of abandoned homes across the street. The building across also had one my red flags, someone's speaker on a window with the music facing out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City