Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2017, 10:46 AM

40 posts, read 64,368 times

Advertisements

After walking by last night I checked the location of the apartments and it seems the 2 BR’s are on the Greenwich St. side of the building, 2 on the 2nd floor and 2 on the ground floor. The larger 1BR is the corner unit on the ground floor, with windows on both Greenwich St. and Barrow St. the studio and other 1BR are on the ground floor as well facing Barrow St. All ground floor apartments (5 total) are about half way below ground level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 01:30 AM

7 posts, read 9,002 times
I read somewhere (don't remember where) that all but one of the apartments are on the ground floor, and that there is one 2 bedroom that is on the 2nd floor that has a higher maintenance cost than the others.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrezia229 View Post
I read somewhere (don't remember where) that all but one of the apartments are on the ground floor, and that there is one 2 bedroom that is on the 2nd floor that has a higher maintenance cost than the others.
When I walked by I could counted FIVE apartments on the 1st floor that had the lower end appliances and TWO 2BR's on the 2nd floor. That totals SEVEN apartments, we know there are only SEVEN "affordable" units in this project...

Old 10-09-2017, 09:22 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,521 times
What does the floor matter? Not only do people want an apartment in that building of 33 apartments they also want top end appliances and to be on the top ffloor all for $90,000 with $25,000 in free money courtesy of the rest of us.

Lets get some perspective, people

Old 10-09-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
What does the floor matter? Not only do people want an apartment in that building of 33 apartments they also want top end appliances and to be on the top ffloor all for $90,000 with $25,000 in free money courtesy of the rest of us.

Lets get some perspective, people
Floor doesn't matter to me. The opportunity to live anywhere in this building. I am fine with having GE appliances instead of Gaggenau. After all the purchase price doesn't warrant Gaggenau.

The $25,000.00 in "free money" is available to anyone within the income requirements buying most apartments in the city as long as it is their first purchase. It isn't free by the way, you have to take a full day course and pay $100.00 to get the certificate.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:51 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC_MAC View Post
...It isn't free by the way, you have to take a full day course and pay $100.00 to get the certificate.
Free-ish

Old 10-09-2017, 09:55 AM

4 posts, read 6,806 times
The appliances or the floor for these apartments is irrelevant to most of us, but especially those of us who care for elderly, disabled parent(s)! Just having the opportunity to live in the building, the picture perfect neighborhood and the fact that you are owning it is really a winning lottery ticket. Wishing you all good luck & I hope the city continues to send out these types of lotteries - we really need more opportunities to help us diversify these neighborhoods.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Free-ish
Eaxactly. Haha!

Old 10-09-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveAstoria View Post
The appliances or the floor for these apartments is irrelevant to most of us, but especially those of us who care for elderly, disabled parent(s)! Just having the opportunity to live in the building, the picture perfect neighborhood and the fact that you are owning it is really a winning lottery ticket. Wishing you all good luck & I hope the city continues to send out these types of lotteries - we really need more opportunities to help us diversify these neighborhoods.
The West Village is the perfect neighborhood. Do you have CB2 preference?

I’m not sure of any other “affordable” developments like this in CB2 that are for purchase.

Did y’all know this development is built on leased land? Land leases are rare nowadays for new development and often drive up the maintenance charges. In addition to all the amenities this building has to offer a large chunk of the maintenance is to cover the land lease I’m sure.

Good luck to all

Old 10-10-2017, 03:14 PM
s19

7 posts, read 9,931 times
It is a lovely neighborhood, and I currently live here and would love to be able to buy something here to have some sort of permanence otherwise the rents have me looking to Astoria, Jackson Heights, Fort Greene, Ridgewood, Gowanus etc to move to when lease up in April. My apt is just too small and paying 2350 for it. Plus taking care of parents.

It is good to know the apartments not identical to the ones advertised. Would two bedrooms still have 2 bathrooms? It is the only opportunity I can think of to own a home in West Village, put down roots, feel a sense of permanence rather than always being unsure of future and not investing money in the apt living in.

Let's see how it goes, I will keep everyone posted if I get called for an interview. If anyone else does, do kindly let us all know. Hoping for the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City