Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 11:22 AM

5,113 posts, read 4,963,078 times

Advertisements

Apparently he is not in the WH to build his personal wealth, which went down by $600M since he started his political career. IMHO this is a big sacrifice and nobility of his as a citizen, despite that there is a lot to be desired for his leadership skills...

The rich are getting richer. But not Donald Trump.

Trump's net worth drops $600 million on Forbes' rich list, falls 92 spots - Oct. 17, 2017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 11:39 AM

There is not shortage of fun stories in current US political arenas, thanks to a very entertaining POTUS in house...

Trump warns John McCain: 'Be careful ... I fight back' - CNNPolitics
Trump warns McCain: 'Be careful because at some point I fight back'

Old 10-17-2017, 11:44 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,069,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Apparently he is not in the WH to build his personal wealth, which went down by $600M since he started his political career. IMHO this is a big sacrifice and nobility of his as a citizen, despite that there is a lot to be desired for his leadership skills...

Trump's net worth drops $600 million on Forbes' rich list, falls 92 spots - Oct. 17, 2017
Please explain why his drop in net worth is a "sacrifice" or a sign of "nobility" when his drop in net worth had nothing to do with any sacrifice but was mostly a result of lawsuits, bad investments and a bad NYC real estate environment. Unless you think everyone whose net worth goes down involves sacrifice and nobility. He has been completely broke a number of times in his life so his net worth has always fluctuated dramatically. I can't find the honor and sacrifice so please explain.

I seriously doubt he spent a penny of his own money on his campaign.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Please explain why his drop in net worth is a "sacrifice" or a sign of "nobility" when his drop in net worth had nothing to do with any sacrifice but was mostly a result of lawsuits, bad investments and a bad NYC real estate environment. Unless you think everyone whose net worth goes down involves sacrifice and nobility. He has been completely broke a number of times in his life so his net worth has always fluctuated dramatically. I can't find the honor and sacrifice so please explain.

I seriously doubt he spent a penny of his own money on his campaign.
It appears that you have done a lot of research to figure out various hypothetical causes of his dropped wealth from a "no-trump-fan" standpoint, which all make sense and I don't even try to contest you on your claims, even though I could and probably win the argument. I meant to poke some fun at Trump now and then, who is of a greater entertainment value than he himself might even know. Although I don't approve every thing he has done in the WH so far, I am still a trump fan and prefer positive thinking of him.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:12 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times
Oh please. He'll be able to make it all back once he gets out of office. Whether one likes him or not, he does have the business skills to keep himself at the top of any financial position he desires. But I do agree - entertaining is his best skill yet.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:39 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,738,090 times
He's a lousy businessman , which is why every bank in NYC except Duesche Bank (sp) refused to deal with him.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:42 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,842,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
He's a lousy businessman , which is why every bank in NYC except Duesche Bank (sp) refused to deal with him.
businessman --> human being

Old 10-17-2017, 12:58 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,069,701 times
Quote:
It appears that you have done a lot of research to figure out various hypothetical causes of his dropped wealth from a "no-trump-fan" standpoint, which all make sense and I don't even try to contest you on your claims, even though I could and probably win the argument. I meant to poke some fun at Trump now and then, who is of a greater entertainment value than he himself might even know. Although I don't approve every thing he has done in the WH so far, I am still a trump fan and prefer positive thinking of him.
I didn't do much work....I read the article you posted. It gave the reasons Forbes listed:

"The magazine attributed his decline in wealth to "a tough New York real estate market, particularly for retail locations; a costly lawsuit and an expensive presidential campaign."

Has nothing to do with being a fan of his or not. I just generally don't have much sympathy for billionaires who lose money on their bad investments, lawsuits,etc. Certainly don't think it's a sign of honor or that it's a "noble sacrifice". That's just crazy.

Looks like Jared Kushner may really be going down the tubes financially too. Again, mostly because of his own stupid business practices and bad deal making with 666 5th Avenue. Do you think he is noble and sacrificing sacrificing as well ?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...-wonders-fault

Old 10-17-2017, 01:18 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,586 times
Quote:

I am actually surprised since DJT and his affiliates have stuck their paws deep inside the "Nepotism" coffers!! Perhaps their high leveraged business practices are NOW coming back to haunt them??!!!

There's a long large list of millionaires and billionaires who bought into Trump's ability to DE-REGULATE everything that the founders and past Congress' s to make sure the branches of Government are protected.

It's become evident that the present GOP Congress is unwilling to say anything.. and instead actually condone what DJT and his whole FAM-DAM-ILY with their Cronies to FLEESE the American Taxpayers by their Silence! Why?? Because POWER and Greed amongst far too many Politicians only want to continue to be able to pad their pockets from well connected lobbyists (Wonder how many Russian Oligarchs are behind this?) who buy their IN to get BENEFITS!!!

I'm not dismissing possible Democrats who also fall into this trap.. BUT this past decade and actions have been very very enlightening!!

Existing laws allow the RICH to go bankrupt thus forcing Taxpayers to absorb their debt... These Corporations lobby the lawmakers ( Federal/State and Local) to be able to be able to open yet another Trough ( Pig Sty) in order to repeat it over and over again! After a half dozen.. FINALLY Local financiers say no... Voila.. FOREIGN $$$ gets accessed by the likes of the Trumps and no doubt many other Corporations!!

Existing laws don't help regular citizens.. ONLY the RICH .. YOU know those who actually BUY the Politicians to assist them make trillions annually on their backs!! Now, tell me again, just who are the one's who really want to make America Greater than it is now? Certainly isn't the ones who make false equivalencies almost daily!!

I won't even go into the half dozen lies POTUS states DAILY !!!

Old 10-17-2017, 01:32 PM

532 posts, read 786,911 times
meh he's still richer than me. why should i care again? he's an idiot. his cabinet will get richer on me.
people are so obsessed with that guy he even would kill for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City