Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 07:01 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,999,286 times

Advertisements

Yeah well am for one getting fed up. NYC forum is one of the most active on CD, what is the good of that when every other thread is about those GD "affordable housing lotteries". One cannot get away from them....

At least if confined to their own subgroup one could simply avoid. As things stand now you have to scroll down numerous posts to find any thread of interest. So many regular posters don't even show up anymore either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 07:26 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,857,477 times
baloney

no one gives a crap about regular NYC stuff cuz NYC is SO generic now. what LEFT is to talk about other than the cost of housing? Im seriously asking. What. We talk about what museums are worth paying 25 dollars to get into? gtfoh.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:43 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,551,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

CD has no problems with this because, well that is how the place makes its money. All those clicks from Google or other links, and then new members and so forth create a treasure trove of data. And as we all know today on the internet it is all about data mining and what all those bits are worth.
Wouldn't it be better for the search engines if affordable housing (or a similar term) had its own sub-forum, with the term showing up in the URL and page title?

Old 11-01-2017, 08:29 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,857,477 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Q-oO_l7mo

Old 11-02-2017, 09:16 AM

965 posts, read 1,114,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Yeah well am for one getting fed up. NYC forum is one of the most active on CD, what is the good of that when every other thread is about those GD "affordable housing lotteries". One cannot get away from them....

At least if confined to their own subgroup one could simply avoid. As things stand now you have to scroll down numerous posts to find any thread of interest. So many regular posters don't even show up anymore either.
Am not see pierrepont in a while. Wonder where is him. Haha

Old 11-02-2017, 09:34 AM

375 posts, read 323,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funcrusher3000 View Post
But you know what's even more annoying than the lottery discussions? All of the posters on here that politicize absolutely everything or make it about race. I'd rather skim through lottery threads than see perfectly good topics go off track and become an arbitrary argument.
Absolutely agree!

I did find CD from looking up the development that had called me. Since then, I read the boards but I contribute to threads that are 'fun' or 'not too serious' as the political ones tend to be. I'm a member of many forums online as I'm sure many here are as well. I tend to visit the ones that are friendly and active the most. There are many interesting individuals here on this site that make this place pretty memorable though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City