Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 09:19 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I guess if a guy iu that falling down drunk, the MTA would prefer for him to DRIVE home?
The MTA would prefer him to walk home so he can "walk" off the drunkenness. It makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 02:33 PM

343 posts, read 254,492 times
My opinion is that the MTA encourages employees to behave this way. From the short video clip I watched its a step above how MTA employees have a reputation for blatantly ignoring potential accidents while on and off duty. In this forum alone I have seen a few videos posted of MTA employees being negligent. Those are good jobs too. It is sad they hire so many of the wrong people.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:50 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
MTA worker drags, kicks drunk guy off subway | New York Post

What is your opinion about this matter? I think it could be handle more appropriately.
I was expected a lot worse given that this made news. He didn't hurt the guy. The alternative would be to call the cops and have them drag the guy off the train. This kind of stuff probably happens all the time. The MTA worker was doing his job and there's no pretty way of removing a drunk.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:04 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
My opinion is that the MTA encourages employees to behave this way. From the short video clip I watched its a step above how MTA employees have a reputation for blatantly ignoring potential accidents while on and off duty. In this forum alone I have seen a few videos posted of MTA employees being negligent. Those are good jobs too. It is sad they hire so many of the wrong people.
You have to be out of your mind to believe what you just said. The last thing the MTA wants is to be known for assaulting their customers. This guy might be terminated.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:08 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
He's a union employee, he will return in a week or two after the media is focused on something else....

Old 11-08-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
He's a union employee, he will return in a week or two after the media is focused on something else....
Or they will send him to the MTA dungeon room a la Board of Education with their naughty teachers....

Old 11-08-2017, 03:14 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
You have to be out of your mind to believe what you just said. The last thing the MTA wants is to be known for assaulting their customers. This guy might be terminated.
*Might be*... That's the problem. He should be *fired* and they should train their employees to have better customer service skills. Seems like sometimes they just hire thugs off of the street.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
*Might be*... That's the problem. He should be *fired* and they should train their employees to have better customer service skills. Seems like sometimes they just hire thugs off of the street.
This goes both ways. Customers should also behave in a normal matter. Unless your mama works at the MTA, no one should expect to be treated as a baby. This guy was drunk out of his mind.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:06 PM

343 posts, read 254,492 times
You certainly got to be tough to do the job of MTA but wait, the worker is behaving inappropriately in a way that is probably a form of assault, and unnecessary humiliation, and its on video.

The guy looks dead drunk, not "drunk out of his mind" like on PCP or anything like that. I do not see the drunk attacking anyone. Even the expression on the drunks face looks like he does not deserve such treatment while at the same time he looks like he possibly does not speak English. The drunk could be from another country where transit employees are allowed to do this to riders. He could be an illegal immigrant and feels he has no rights.

Here in Manhattan we have rules, its the USA and if you break the rules and get caught its on you. In New York we can talk hateful to anybody we want and call names all night long but once you lay your hands on anybody inappropriately its unlawful.

The guy could also be charged with public intoxication but wheres the police?

Old 11-08-2017, 06:56 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Some people really need a good azzkicking....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City