Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 08:19 AM

343 posts, read 254,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
These workers have a union, a nice pension, and OT, but continue to act wrong as hell.
In my opinion, waaay too many MTA workers here are spoiled brats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 03:41 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
This mta employees only job is to tidy up the train, before it gets turned around. I doubt he was trained to drag and lick people off, so it's not "only doing his kljob" , but doing that extra that is not necessary.

I will never forget the day, an mta employee ripped off a large cardboard sign from the train. only to show a low life passenger how many stops he has until he reaches his destination. This passenger then looks at the sign, throw it in the air, and proceed to lay down and take a nap. Unbelievable!

These workers have a union, a nice pension, and OT, but continue to act wrong as hell.
These are all what blue liberal states want. Dysfunctional, deteriorating, high cost infrastructure and transit systems. You guys are getting exactly what you all deserve.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:32 PM

108 posts, read 81,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
MTA worker drags, kicks drunk guy off subway | New York Post

What is your opinion about this matter?

I wished MTA workers had gigantic hands in order to slap some sense into those crazy subway riders.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:44 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,576,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyPenguin View Post
I wished MTA workers had gigantic hands in order to slap some sense into those crazy subway riders.
Somewhat agree with your point here. You got drunk, homeless, and "show time" folks. I personally don't have a problem with people get drunk or being homeless, and they have their reason, but if their action disrupt other passengers, then I think is simply not right for them to do that.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Somewhat agree with your point here. You got drunk, homeless, and "show time" folks. I personally don't have a problem with people get drunk or being homeless, and they have their reason, but if their action disrupt other passengers, then I think is simply not right for them to do that.
You kidding me? The MTA are not the police. Show me the MTA worksrs job descriptions where it says they have business dragging riders around on the ground. Anybody that rides our subways often sees people of all sorts and people sleeping on subways carts, people pissing themselves, etc, so why do you believe its okay to drag this dude around like that?

Old 11-12-2017, 02:14 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
When that passenger sobers and wakes up, the MTA, State of New York and New York City better watch out. That includes any employees involved.

Contrary to what some here may think, believe or have said *NO* MTA worker or anyone else has the right to put their hands on anyone. That is assault. You saw how quickly American Airlines moved to settle with that Asian doctor, this after at first trying to blacken his name and so forth, well this is pretty much along the same lines.

If a passenger will nor cannot leave a MTA train or bus on their own accord, LE is supposed to be summoned. They have the legal authority to physically remove/touch someone (under certain circumstances).

Even if the guy was wide awake and sober, if he responded to MTA worker telling him to leave the train by saying "go pound salt", there is nothing said worker or workers could do legally. Only call NYPD for back-up.

Old 11-12-2017, 03:11 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
When that passenger sobers and wakes up, the MTA, State of New York and New York City better watch out. That includes any employees involved.

Contrary to what some here may think, believe or have said *NO* MTA worker or anyone else has the right to put their hands on anyone. That is assault. You saw how quickly American Airlines moved to settle with that Asian doctor, this after at first trying to blacken his name and so forth, well this is pretty much along the same lines.

If a passenger will nor cannot leave a MTA train or bus on their own accord, LE is supposed to be summoned. They have the legal authority to physically remove/touch someone (under certain circumstances).

Even if the guy was wide awake and sober, if he responded to MTA worker telling him to leave the train by saying "go pound salt", there is nothing said worker or workers could do legally. Only call NYPD for back-up.
Yup. It's ridiculous to see some posters here suggest that the MTA encourages their workers to assault their customers. At Utica avenue on the 3/4 lines the workers don't touch people when they're trying to get them off the train even if the person is asleep. They usually just make as much noise as possible or bang on the chairs to get the persons attention it can be quite funny lol. No agency wants to risk a lawsuit and the backlash that comes with it.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:04 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Or they will send him to the MTA dungeon room a la Board of Education with their naughty teachers....

In a Yeshiva.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:23 AM

The worker was repeatedly assaulting the passenger. Its caught on video.

Here in NYC we describe this as being "ghetto" but that word is incorrect. There is no actual ghetto in NYC. Its just crude people that are unskilled but get decent jobs (like MTA) through nepotism. Its so wide spread that people think its just how NYC is. But its not how NYC is. NYC is the worlds top tier city and it attracts the most skillful people in the world.

When you see "ghetto" people with great jobs in the government sector its pathetic how unskilled and extremely disorganized workers get those jobs just because they were born there. Its really sad. Then the workers cop these huge attitudes like they are some victims of having a steady job. They arent ghetto. Ghetto people are not spoiled brats.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:40 AM

186 posts, read 220,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
He's a union employee, he will return in a week or two after the media is focused on something else....
Nope he was terminated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City