Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2020, 12:27 AM

37 posts, read 39,909 times

Advertisements

Thanks guys for the advice.

My concern is that they will find out if they research my medical records from
my doctors. Will they be able to find out during a background check even if I don’t personally mention it?

Old 01-18-2020, 03:05 AM

73 posts, read 128,069 times
I told them about my broken leg from way back and added that my last job as a delivery guy had me climbing in and out of a truck 1-200 times a day and climbing the equivalent of 80 flights of stairs a day. I passed medical first try

Old 01-18-2020, 06:31 AM

264 posts, read 504,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggington View Post
Thanks guys for the advice.

My concern is that they will find out if they research my medical records from
my doctors. Will they be able to find out during a background check even if I don’t personally mention it?
They cant get your medical records from any doctor without permission. Only way they find out is if you volunteer the information or took any prescription drugs and that because you have to disclose why you took them because you do sign a waiver for them to check the NYS prescription registry. My advice is if you took controlled substances for it like vicodin then disclose it because you will have to explain why you took it. If all they prescribed was prescription strength tylenol then you are fine.

Old 01-18-2020, 02:50 PM

4 posts, read 5,420 times
I passed everything. My # is 46-- hope to hear something from them soon. Any word on when they plan on calling in guys for new class? I got CDL through sanitation in August and felt like I was so close to golden ticket.

Old 01-19-2020, 07:56 PM

7 posts, read 5,932 times
Hey guys just passed the physical exam yesterday. Hoping i get to do my medical soon. Do they assign you a specific place to do your medical at or can you go to your own doctor? Whats the process?

Old 01-19-2020, 08:03 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,488,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavitl View Post
Do they assign you a specific place to do your medical at or can you go to your own doctor?

Hang in there man, when it's your time you will get a letter in the mail with specific instructions to report downtown for your medical. It is all handled by Sanitation, nothing is done at your doctor. Sanitation has it's own medical clinic where they test you and then send you to a few other specific places for other medical testing.

Old 01-20-2020, 10:37 AM

712 posts, read 1,208,963 times
Listen when it comes to medical DO NOT volunteer any information not needed… why are you volunteering any information you’re open another book which could possibly disqualify you

Old 01-20-2020, 11:12 AM

37 posts, read 39,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
Listen when it comes to medical DO NOT volunteer any information not needed… why are you volunteering any information you’re open another book which could possibly disqualify you
I was under the impression that they will find out about any medical records I have regardless of if I report them or not. If I can get away without saying anything then I certainly will keep my mouth shut.

Old 01-20-2020, 12:07 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,488,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggington View Post
I was under the impression that they will find out about any medical records I have regardless of if I report them or not. If I can get away without saying anything then I certainly will keep my mouth shut.
Wrong. They cannot access your personal medical records. Look up HIPAA Laws.

They would need your written permission to look at past medical records.

They DO give you a form to fill out ONLY to view your prescription history in NY State.

Old 01-20-2020, 04:29 PM

44 posts, read 52,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Wrong. They cannot access your personal medical records. Look up HIPAA Laws.

They would need your written permission to look at past medical records.

They DO give you a form to fill out ONLY to view your prescription history in NY State.
Do you have the option to deny access to the prescription records also ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City