Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 10:04 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,241,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Tee hee. I'm a very well-endowed woman (naturally), and it's amazing what some men will forgive in their presence... in fact, I've almost exclusively dated NON-smokers in my adult life.
Well we know he commute down to soho for work and hits the gym before hand. I'm sure on some thread we could figure out which one, shall we try an experiment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 11:52 PM

7 posts, read 2,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
The other thing they do now is line up by the office buildings, hide in doorways or stand in the street just off of the sidewalk, which means non-smokers at times have no place to go to not breathe that crap.

Smokers are so ignorant to think that it's okay because it's outdoors. It isn't. That cigarette smoke lingers in the air, sometimes well after the person who was smoking has left the area. Now with these idiots vaping the clouds of smoke can be crazy. They just blow their smoke all over the place. I was on 3rd Avenue the other night. This guy hails a cab, is vaping and then blows out a huge cloud of smoke before getting in, keeping his e-cig lit while getting in the taxi.
“Keeping his e-cig lit” And you’re rolling your eyes? Can’t make this stuff up. Seems like the less people know, the more they have to show everyone how dumb they are

Old 03-23-2018, 03:55 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,300,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328 Chauncey St View Post
“Keeping his e-cig lit” And you’re rolling your eyes? Can’t make this stuff up. Seems like the less people know, the more they have to show everyone how dumb they are
Yeah, you came here to make that your first post.... No smoking means NO smoking, that includes vaping. People using those electronic cigs will try to sneak and vape in places they aren't allowed to.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:33 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Your Honor, the Defendant is a Pathological Liar, and he continues to prove so in front of the Court!

The Defendant mentions the word "tiddays" in over 250 posts, presented as evidence:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=31875745

It is in my reasoning, that the Defendant would not move, if a naked woman was seated next to, or adjacent to, Said Defendant.

No further Questions.

Law 'n Order noise

duh duh duh

Old 03-23-2018, 09:46 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
No Further Questions!

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-23-2018, 10:03 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
No Further Questions!
Haha- I didn’t hear a denial

Old 03-23-2018, 10:30 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,653,017 times
while I really hate smoking, i think this is a bad idea to ban it out on the sidewalk, of course.
but, how many times am i walking down any block and there is only one person out on the whole block and that person always has to be in front of me smoking.

i cant tell you the amount of times this has happened.
So, I cross the street.
it does make me crazy though.

every morning Id leave for work, and obviously everyone that works is on the same schedule, and it would never fail, once id walk out my front door this chick would always be in front of me with a cig, id actually like to shove it down her throat, and id think to myslef, if you think im walking behind you all the way to the train station, youve got another thing coming.

So i would leave earlier, that soultion worked.

while the idea of banning smoking sounds lovley, i know it is really another thing nanny seems to be watching over.

the best thing though was banning it in the parks, not only for the cean air thing, but there is less littler all around.

i wish cigarettes were never invented,

Old 03-23-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
while I really hate smoking, i think this is a bad idea to ban it out on the sidewalk, of course.
but, how many times am i walking down any block and there is only one person out on the whole block and that person always has to be in front of me smoking.

i cant tell you the amount of times this has happened.
So, I cross the street.
it does make me crazy though.

every morning Id leave for work, and obviously everyone that works is on the same schedule, and it would never fail, once id walk out my front door this chick would always be in front of me with a cig, id actually like to shove it down her throat, and id think to myslef, if you think im walking behind you all the way to the train station, youve got another thing coming.

So i would leave earlier, that soultion worked.

while the idea of banning smoking sounds lovley, i know it is really another thing nanny seems to be watching over.

the best thing though was banning it in the parks, not only for the cean air thing, but there is less littler all around.

i wish cigarettes were never invented,
I actually observed people smoking this morning, and just about every person was obnoxious with it, just blowing their smoke everywhere without a care in the world, with their smoke blowing right into the faces of people beside them or behind them. I can't remember it being this bad before. As I said, I think more people are around that just don't give a damn about being courteous, so while it is a bit of a nanny thing, it also seems necessary to a degree to get people to refrain from being such a-holes when smoking.

A lot of these people seem to think it's cute to blow their smoke everywhere. If they want to "rebel" and ruin their health, that's fine, but they seem to want to take down everyone in the process. It's almost like someone who is ill that purposely goes around spreading their illness to others to get off on it.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:05 PM

7 posts, read 2,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Yeah, you came here to make that your first post.... No smoking means NO smoking, that includes vaping. People using those electronic cigs will try to sneak and vape in places they aren't allowed to.
I see you have a comprehension issue..who said anything about when and where someone should smoke? Trying the strawman argument to cover up your silly statement is a nice try, I’ll grant you that. Now, back to the REAL topic...I’d like you to explain how he got in the cab with it “still lit”. You just struck me as a person who likes to bloviate about an issue without any actual knowledge to back it up. Don’t feel bad...the world is full of them. Keep bitching..someone will listen eventually!

Old 03-23-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328 Chauncey St View Post
I see you have a comprehension issue..who said anything about when and where someone should smoke? Trying the strawman argument to cover up your silly statement is a nice try, I’ll grant you that. Now, back to the REAL topic...I’d like you to explain how he got in the cab with it “still lit”. You just struck me as a person who likes to bloviate about an issue without any actual knowledge to back it up. Don’t feel bad...the world is full of them. Keep bitching..someone will listen eventually!
You're smart. Figure it out....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: