Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 03:04 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,329,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I will remember that next time I am in midtown and need to go.
Ha! But there is an art to knowing where one can go to use the bathroom in nyc. There was even a Seinfeld episode joke about this too. Department stores or larger chain retailers are usually a good bet. Also bars are another good option. Basically any place you can walk in anonymously works for a “public” bathroom.

My company’s office is in a WeWork space and a recent perk I took advantage of was that I can enter any WeWork location (in the US, not just nyc). I was walking by the Empire State Building and was thinking “ah, I drank too much water! Where is the closest bathroom...” Normally the answer for that area would be Macy’s, Penn Station, Kmart, but I looked up and saw a WeWork sign right across from the Empire State Building! It was a great discovery that I now have a new network of clean bathrooms to use throughout nyc and other cities LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 03:08 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
5 star hotels too.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:59 PM

782 posts, read 527,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Yes. I was also in a Starbucks in the city early one morning killing time before a job interview. A city bus driver came in and asked to use the bathroom. He said he always used the McDonalds across the street but they weren't open yet. The person at the counter said no. He asked for the manager and said he would not have a chance to go again until he did his whole route. The manager also said no. I was appalled. You could see the McDonalds was closed, he was in uniform and his bus was at the curb in front of the store. He clearly wasn't looking to move his belongings into the bathroom and live there.
There was also another Starbucks incident a few years ago in Philly. Apparently a uniformed sergeant was denied the bathroom key code because he was not a paying customer. His Facebook post about it went viral. Seems like this part of Philly (Center City) may be more strict in general.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...561.html?amp=y

Old 04-19-2018, 07:45 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,816,567 times
nope then again I dindu nuffin

Old 04-19-2018, 07:48 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,827,161 times
Most of the time, if you ask nicely, you will always be granted access.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:04 PM

1,063 posts, read 696,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post
Please describe a few sample quotes that don't involve offering fellatio.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:23 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post

I was denied at first....then politely begged and was given the ok.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:50 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
Please describe a few sample quotes that don't involve offering fellatio.
Ehhh just man up and give a blow job.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:36 PM

243 posts, read 310,063 times
I just saw the two men being interviewed on Good Morning America. I noticed they had issues articulating themselves, their attire should have been thought out more, and I was surprised none of them decided to groom themselves to be on national TV. One of the guys still has twists in his hair and was popping gum the whole time. In my humble opinion, one should take pride in the way they dress. If one doesn't care about the way they dress, why should someone care to treat them with respect? Unfortunate, but true.

If they dress that way for Good Morning America, I am sure they may dress even worse for a job interview. They probably wouldn't even get hired at Starbucks if they came in dressed like that.

Still shocked this happened because almost every employee at Starbucks in NYC that I have been to is black, Spanish and Blatino.

I feel bad to a certain degree for the manager who was fired. I hope she sues Starbucks and gets every penny.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:04 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,127,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post
If one doesn't care about the way they dress, why should someone care to treat them with respect? Unfortunate, but true.

I feel bad to a certain degree for the manager who was fired. I hope she sues Starbucks and gets every penny.
Well, now you're just trolling. You probably were earlier too, but luckily I didn't waste my time reading all your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City