Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 10:38 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
By the way, it's all Rudy' s fault. He created a ton of men who can't succeed due to broken windows. Now those returning felons are spreading the gospel of the good ole days.
Rudy Giuliani hasn't been mayor since 2001. The majority of people imprisoned under him are 40+, which is considerably older than the average goon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 11:35 PM

419 posts, read 626,249 times
Good dumb ass just declared war on nypd very good.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:48 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
So, they city pays them for 24 hour shifts? The boss will back them up only when they don't f up. I wonder if this is the law? I am sure a lawyer could bite into that egotistical farce.

So, ems/EMT, Sanitation,them traffic folks, all fall under the same umbrella ,huh?

If some bozo pulls that game with me, he better have a uniform on. I've already tested one of these clowns, outnumbered , And walked away with his tail between his legs.
They’re lucky he didn’t shoot them. He could have gotten off in self defense.

Don’t fight out in public life that and if an officer tells you to stop, you need to stop. Stop defending low life, criminal behavior.

Obviously the cops alone cannot get rid of this problem. Essentially those young people need jobs, plain and simple. The public school system needs to be fixed. And barriers to employment and the housing market neeed to be addressed. So does segregation.

None of this means you tolerate what those two men did, or were doing. Give them life, or keep them behind bars until they are so old they need a nursing home. Criminals cannot be allowed to intimidate government officials.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
You want these skels on the street? You're nuts. They've now become a major public safety problem (not just this gang, but all of them) Even if there locked up conventionally, if they have access to other prisoners, they'll just try to recruit them.

Throw them in a cell, weld the cell shut. Throw in a food loaf once a day. If they're still alive 15 years later, cut 'em out and let 'em go.
Agreed. These two men wanted to boost their reputation as gangsters.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Rudy Giuliani hasn't been mayor since 2001. The majority of people imprisoned under him are 40+, which is considerably older than the average goon.
These men have children though, and Giuliani’s legacy will affect some families multigenerationally. If the parents got locked up jail for weed and the kids ended up in foster care I hope you realize that is not recipe for great success in life.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:53 AM

Quote:
By the way, it's all Rudy' s fault. He created a ton of men who can't succeed due to broken windows. Now those returning felons are spreading the gospel of the good ole days.
Bloomberg was no better in that regard.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:53 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
These men have children though, and Giuliani’s legacy will affect some families multigenerationally. If the parents got locked up jail for weed and the kids ended up in foster care I hope you realize that is not recipe for great success in life.
Well yeah that's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Bloomberg was no better in that regard.
Bloomberg's platform was a mix of some of my least favorite elements of the right and left. I'm not sure how he was so popular considering he had positions both liberals and conservatives hated.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:18 AM

766 posts, read 508,024 times
Bloomberg made the city look better

But a lot of stuff happening now was brewing under his leadership. MTA, homelessness, crime etc

Giuliani and Bloomberg should have went all in and made panhandling illegal, built more jails and precincts, and make our welfare and housing for New Yorkers with New York ID only (no outsiders welcome). If you are going to be republican, be republican. Instead as the city was getting “better”, homelessness and evictions rose.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:22 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
How long before Mott Haven gentrify ?

Old 07-12-2018, 06:25 AM

766 posts, read 508,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
How long before Mott Haven gentrify ?
As long as Deblasio is mayor not anytime soon

Once he’s gone and stop building shelters/affordable housing, I say another 15-20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City