Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 12:54 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,234,291 times

Advertisements

Next week, I'm thinking about taking Megabus up from Philly and spending the day in your city. I plan to spend most of the day exploring the Bronx (specifically around the Grand Concourse), as well as potentially stopping by Flushing and/or Astoria. I may also have dinner at a random restaurant in Manhattan or Brooklyn. I don't immediately want to go home, however. Though I'm usually content with clubbing in Philly, I'd like to try something new: I want to visit some of the city's nightclubs and (hopefully) meet some beautiful women!

With that said, where are the best areas of the city to go clubbing for a 22 year old male? Are the good nightclubs contained to Manhattan (I'd assume that they're around Union Square and/or below Houston Street), or can one find good places to party in the boroughs? Will certain clubs have an international vibe to them? When I was clubbing in Paris a few years ago, I met women from all across the world that night! Finally, is it feasible to sleep on the subway for a few hours? Before I moved out of my mom's place in the suburbs over a year ago, I'd sleep on the El and wait for the suburban buses to start running in order to pass time. Those of you who are from/know Philly, know that the El passes through the pits of Kensington. The thought of crime doesn't exactly scare me, but it could be different in NYC. Is it common for people who are on the subways late at night to get robbed? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 12:59 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Save a few hundred bucks, buy a cheap ticket to Miami and party there during the weekend. Skip nyc. Clubbing here sucks.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 07-27-2018 at 01:17 PM..

Old 07-27-2018, 01:48 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,618,960 times
You won't save any money anywhere clubbing lol! I don't club in America, so I have no opinions. I prefer the international scene.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:53 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,614,968 times
It's feasible to pass out on a subway but don't expect to wake up with your wallet and phone.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:10 PM

2,606 posts, read 3,405,223 times
One of you says go to Miami, then another says leave the country but if you really want to experience the best clubbing try another galaxy. Clubbing on Earth is so 2000's.

Honestly OP, the club scene in NYC is garbage. The last time it was hot was the early 2000's. They're all gone now. So sad. It was so much fun here.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:12 PM

2,606 posts, read 3,405,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
It's feasible to pass out on a subway but don't expect to wake up with your wallet and phone.

Or your Virginity.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:13 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,092,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Or your Virginity.
especially the butt one

Old 07-27-2018, 02:14 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,492,443 times
Don't take advice on this from people past their prime!

Old 07-27-2018, 02:47 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,303,192 times
Funny story... Some years back circa 2013, I was going home with some Whole Foods bags (I mean my hands were full) and I'm walking from the Columbus Circle location, and I walk past that Stone Rose Lounge (I think it's closed now). Any who, as I'm walking by, some guy is trying to invite me in. I'm like dude, do you really think I'm going into a lounge with my groceries (milk, and other things that will spoil)??? Anytime I hear about any clubbing events, it's usually someone or a group of people running out of some club because someone started randomly shooting because of some nonsense jumping off. I'll pass... Never was into the scene. For me, dinner out at a nice restaurant with nice wine, or at home throwing some back is the way to go.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:57 PM

779 posts, read 1,004,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Don't take advice on this from people past their prime!
+1

The club scene is well and alive in NYC, people come from all over the world to experience it.

I would say greenwich village, plenty of happy hours and people your age to mingle with.

Some place I used to frequent, and still swing by when times allows, guaranteed a great night out...

- 3 Sheets Saloon
- Down The Hatch
- Fat Cat
- Le Souk

If you want something a bit more fancy/classy...235th rooftop is a really nice, been there years ago, and as recent as 2 months ago, it got even better.

Plenty of action and good food in Korea Town as well, its also steps away from times square.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City