Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 09:10 AM

254 posts, read 391,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
Whatever. I pay city taxes. I'm looking into my options now. I asked for those who did so.

Thanks tho now bye
Dumbest thing I've ever heard on CD. Where is this sense of self entitlement come from? You're the typical "I pay my 2.75 so I should get a seat" shinanigan. I've hated my roomate who i've been married to for 12 years; maybe I should scam the system as well.

FWIW, we all pay taxes, and from the way things sound, most of us probably pay more taxes than you do but you don't see us saying dumb $h!t like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 09:20 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,685,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
Who cares if it makes you angry? This is not about you. Take your feelings out of it please. You're like a child in terms of behavior.
*****, my taxes are paying for your mooching ass.

There's the door. Go.

Next!

Old 02-22-2019, 09:30 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
The funny thing is that some of these apartments that they think is affordable ISN'T. Why not focus on trying to get a better job making more money so that you have choices?
This is why everyone needs to have personal, financial and professional goals. Otherwise, you are might find yourself idle.

OP probably needs a budget, an overdue pay increase, etc.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:43 AM

3,140 posts, read 2,735,240 times
Ultimately, OP is probably a troll. Not sure what the thrill would be, but still.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:10 PM

1,121 posts, read 591,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
*****, my taxes are paying for your mooching ass.

There's the door. Go.

Next!
She left.

Stupidest topic of the year award.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:51 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
OP has to be trolling.
All her other posts are on affordable housing threads. One post she even said she wasn't keen on living in the Bronx. So your gonna discriminate against the Bronx but have no issue living in a shelter with no possessions for possibly several years

Old 02-25-2019, 10:56 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Please, by all means go because THIS is what affordable housing is for.

I wish HPD/HDC would come on CD to see the scammers.

Marsha, You are making the assumption they can READ.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:53 PM

606 posts, read 419,782 times
I think this is a really bad idea. I've been in the shelter system here myself albeit for a short time. A lot of people have been in shelters for a year or more just to get vouchers or affordable housing and one of a few things tend to happen

1. The vouchers aren't accepted by most landlords
2. The affordable housing IS based on a lottery system, if you even meet their income requirements
3. If you do not have kids, a mental illness or disability (and the fewer of each you have) you are on the bottom totem pole of being considered for housing. And consider that there are THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of other people in your predicament thinking of doing the same thing you will. And not to mention there are different deadlines for each kind of housing system

If you do not like having roommate (neither do I) then go back to school and get a degree in a good paying field. Otherwise you will have to deal with roommates if you cannot afford the cheapest studios at 1k. (And better luck finding those) You might even have to move out of NYC altogether if you cannot afford a "cheap" studio.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:13 PM

1,199 posts, read 725,492 times
I think you only get FEPS voucher if you have a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City