Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 05:08 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times

Advertisements

^ Not if the progressives like de Bozo have their way. They believe that the criminal justice system is to tough and that most criminals should receive lighter sentences and/or released as early as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 06:17 PM

804 posts, read 546,260 times
It is always a minority. Always. Never anything near European unless it is a tourist. I will admit I have been outside all the way into 6AM literally with nothing on in the cold. I have seen so much of it. However this mostly happens directly after Winter or the snow lets up. Why? because people have been inside consuming negative information from media or not having enough winter sex

Old 03-24-2019, 07:47 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,615,259 times
While there is no excuse for filming and not calling 911, the reality is most people either freeze or blank out when they see such sudden violent actions (same for the 7 train shooting).

Let's be real: anyone who'd kick an elderly woman in the face in public in front of other people truly does. not. care. Anyone looking to intervene in such a situation would have to genuinely be okay with the idea of being severely beaten if not killed. He would just turn around and do you next. I saw and actually helped intervene in a public domestic situation and let me tell you: I was beyond scared. Cops die during such calls, so you really do have to be in a spiritual and mental place that's willing to sacrifice yourself before you can come out here and talk about how you'd do this or that.

I can't say anything to the people on that train, it's sad for that lady and I hope that person either gets the help they need or is put away for a long time.

Old 03-25-2019, 06:36 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
It is always a minority. Always. Never anything near European unless it is a tourist. I will admit I have been outside all the way into 6AM literally with nothing on in the cold. I have seen so much of it. However this mostly happens directly after Winter or the snow lets up. Why? because people have been inside consuming negative information from media or not having enough winter sex
LOL, what? = I will admit I have been outside all the way into 6AM literally with nothing on in the cold""

Old 03-25-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
While there is no excuse for filming and not calling 911, the reality is most people either freeze or blank out when they see such sudden violent actions (same for the 7 train shooting).

Let's be real: anyone who'd kick an elderly woman in the face in public in front of other people truly does. not. care. Anyone looking to intervene in such a situation would have to genuinely be okay with the idea of being severely beaten if not killed. He would just turn around and do you next. I saw and actually helped intervene in a public domestic situation and let me tell you: I was beyond scared. Cops die during such calls, so you really do have to be in a spiritual and mental place that's willing to sacrifice yourself before you can come out here and talk about how you'd do this or that.

I can't say anything to the people on that train, it's sad for that lady and I hope that person either gets the help they need or is put away for a long time.
You can't really expect a stranger to help you out in a dangerous situation. People also shouldn't lambaste the other train riders. They stayed within their comfort level. It's THEIR life at the end of the day. With the video the guy was taken into custody within 2 days. Imagine if no one videotaped this event. This guy would have kept on working at that restaurant.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:00 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,902,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
It's disgusting that no one tried to help. What is wrong with people? Standing there like idiots recording.

That's a big dude. He might also have a gun or a knife. That's why people didn't interfere.

For all we know, you wouldn't have interfered either. It's easy to talk tough behind a keyboard.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:06 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,902,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
This is why i don't ride no trains after 10 pm.

The last time I rode a train at 3 a.m. (Sunday morning) was in 2013. It was the F or E, from Manhattan to Queens.

I often rode the that line at 3 or 4 a.m. on Sunday mornings (after a Saturday evening). That was in the 1990s and 2000s. I felt very safe back then. It wasn't like in the late 1970s or 1980s, when riding the subway late at night felt dangerous.

I felt safe at 3 a.m. in 2013. Has it gotten much worse since then?

Old 03-26-2019, 04:21 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,605,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
The last time I rode a train at 3 a.m. (Sunday morning) was in 2013. It was the F or E, from Manhattan to Queens.

I often rode the that line at 3 or 4 a.m. on Sunday mornings (after a Saturday evening). That was in the 1990s and 2000s. I felt very safe back then. It wasn't like in the late 1970s or 1980s, when riding the subway late at night felt dangerous.

I felt safe at 3 a.m. in 2013. Has it gotten much worse since then?
I take the subway at that time very often, I've never had any issues.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:32 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,084,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
You can't really expect a stranger to help you out in a dangerous situation. People also shouldn't lambaste the other train riders. They stayed within their comfort level. It's THEIR life at the end of the day. With the video the guy was taken into custody within 2 days. Imagine if no one videotaped this event. This guy would have kept on working at that restaurant.
Others on the train might also have witnessed her threatening him, his gf and their daughter...or heard whatever crap she was spewing at them. By all reports...including neighbors in her former building... she was violent and crazy as a loon and has threatened to knife many people in the past. Also known to have carried a knife, not just threatened people. She was evicted for being violent with other people in her building.

Not condoning him because he should have just gotten his entourage to move away from her instead of kicking her in the face but really, who would get in the middle of that unless you happened to have a gun on you.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Others on the train might also have witnessed her threatening him, his gf and their daughter...or heard whatever crap she was spewing at them. By all reports...including neighbors in her former building... she was violent and crazy as a loon and has threatened to knife many people in the past. Also known to have carried a knife, not just threatened people. She was evicted for being violent with other people in her building.

Not condoning him because he should have just gotten his entourage to move away from her instead of kicking her in the face but really, who would get in the middle of that unless you happened to have a gun on you.
I agree. This lady learned a lesson too. Don't make threats that you can't follow through on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: