Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 03:27 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Who is leaving?

Latinos buying cheap homes in the Lehigh Valley.
Am here to tell you locals aren't happy about that bit of news. It also explains why many other areas of PA are dead set against any infrastructure improvements that allows for an easier commute between NY and their state. NJT had and is having a hard time with the Lackawanna cutoff project for that reason, state and local PA government really don't want much to do with the project and thus have been dragging their heels about funding.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:48 PM

450 posts, read 475,066 times
The garbage that got gentrified out of the Bronx and Brooklyn has been infecting the Poconos and Lehigh valley for at the very least the last decade. Was planning on retiring to either or but I'm second guessing myself for sure. Same can be said for parts of Virginia, Delaware, the Carolina's, Georgia and so on. Literal human filth destroying once beautiful areas of these (and other) states and turning them into hunts point and east new york. Hard pass for me, dawg.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:37 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
The garbage that got gentrified out of the Bronx and Brooklyn has been infecting the Poconos and Lehigh valley for at the very least the last decade. Was planning on retiring to either or but I'm second guessing myself for sure. Same can be said for parts of Virginia, Delaware, the Carolina's, Georgia and so on. Literal human filth destroying once beautiful areas of these (and other) states and turning them into hunts point and east new york. Hard pass for me, dawg.

It is so unfortunate that the best bang for your buck places to retire are home to the
highest crime and and lowest median income as well as the hottest place on earth.
Just visited Savannah and as charming as it is, bums still gather at the squares.
Also stopped at Raleigh, Durham...very nice but and old fart like me would stick out like a sore thumb among
the 30's year old Google suits. Final trip at Roanoke Virginia. Same.......Stopped inside Billy's for a burger because
the Italian joint with the outside seats was being occupied by vagrants stoned off their perches.....c'mon.........

Shift clear of those areas that are on the map as destination points of retirement
if you want a slice of retirement bliss.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:42 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,545,646 times
Quote:

Its just amazing the angry racists who daily post on this forum. Why not rant about the "garbage" from those rural parts of PA drowning NYC with their opioid habits and then forcing us to pay for their care?

I bet you are happy now after your rant.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:38 AM

192 posts, read 118,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Its just amazing the angry racists who daily post on this forum. Why not rant about the "garbage" from those rural parts of PA drowning NYC with their opioid habits and then forcing us to pay for their care?

ja! the dirty little secret of rural PA,NY,NJ. dumping junkies in NYC since always.

Old 09-27-2019, 03:05 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,545,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post
ja! the dirty little secret of rural PA,NY,NJ. dumping junkies in NYC since always.

True. Heroin addicts arriving in Port Authority in the days when people had public sex and shot junk into their arms in broad daylight.

Now they arrive once they hear that NYC will not harass them and might even house them. And can tell us that their opioid consumption is the fault of the Sackler family.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:42 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,232,697 times
Quote:

Don't blame PA or anyone else. No one forced NYC to create an attractive environment (hands off approach, no harassment, free housing, food, healthcare, etc.) for opioid homeless addicts. NYC decided all on its own to do that. Blame your NYC Leftist Democrats.

Old 09-28-2019, 12:24 PM

15,867 posts, read 14,495,108 times
Follow the crime statistics. If an ethnic groups moves somewhere, and crime goes up, what does that say?

Quote:

Old 09-29-2019, 11:32 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,040,151 times
Quote:
I’ve never understood how people don’t have respect for nice properties where they actually live. What causes people to be so destructive to begin with. Why do they get out of the ghetto but bring the ghetto with them? It’s sad really!

Old 09-30-2019, 11:09 AM

25,373 posts, read 37,097,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post

Nope, it is going the OTHER way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City