Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 12:59 PM

104 posts, read 116,467 times

Advertisements

I responded to an affordable housing development ad which stated they were accepting additional applications for current vacancies and for their waitlist. During our interview, we were informed that we were being placed on the waitlist. My bank called me today to verify that they can share my info with the affordable housing management company. Does this mean there may be a vacancy or do they normally vet prospective tenants before placing them on the waitlist?

If anyone is curious about which development, it's 89 Murray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 03:27 PM

3,152 posts, read 2,748,458 times
They usually don't bother (b/c they'd have to reverify again later anyway), but some of these agencies are so cartoonishly incompetent that you can't be certain.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:42 PM

105 posts, read 243,318 times
Some agencies interview multiple
applicants per unit just in case some turn down the units or are deemed not to qualify for some reason.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
They usually don't bother (b/c they'd have to reverify again later anyway), but some of these agencies are so cartoonishly incompetent that you can't be certain.
Ah. I was hoping there was some (fairly) consistent pattern but I would not be surprised if there isn't one. Thanks!

Old 09-12-2019, 08:23 PM

10 posts, read 11,186 times
Why would they have to have the bank verify? Did you provide all of the documentation?
I also interviewed and was told there was vacancies coming up. What Log number are you?

Best of LUCK!

Old 09-13-2019, 01:49 AM

105 posts, read 243,318 times
Were either of you shown an apartment during the process yet? I believe if they have shown you an apartment, you would be close to the final step.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolp9089 View Post
Why would they have to have the bank verify? Did you provide all of the documentation?
I also interviewed and was told there was vacancies coming up. What Log number are you?

Best of LUCK!
I provided them with copies of all the documentation required on that extensive list they gave me for the interview including bank statements from the bank they contacted. We're a one-income household. Perhaps they wanted to verify that my husband and I weren't hiding income?

Did your interviewer mention which sized apartment? My log number is 1805. Best of luck to you as well!

Last edited by whirledpeas0; 09-13-2019 at 05:09 AM..

Old 09-13-2019, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryingtowin View Post
Were either of you shown an apartment during the process yet? I believe if they have shown you an apartment, you would be close to the final step.
I wasn't shown an apartment. They didn't even take money for a potential credit check.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:08 AM

While looking through my emails for my log number, I came across correspondence from another building by Related (Hunters Point South) that I applied to during a call to replenish their waitlist. They were way more transparent in this instance. I applied on September 26, 2018 and was automatically put on the waitlist without having to go to through the interview or providing any sort of documentation other than the application. On January 17, 2019, I received an email about an availability accompanied with a floorplan of the unit and a request to schedule a time to view it. The apartment was too small for us so I didn't follow through.

Related doesn't appear to have a consistent way of doing things.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:00 PM

10 posts, read 11,186 times
@whirelpeas0 I called twice for clarification around the requirements before my interview. The first time I called the lady said it was for a 1 bedroom apartment, when I called the second time the lady said my application was for a 2 bedroom. We def. need a 2 bedroom as we have a 6 year old. During my interview I didn't bring it up, just hoping for the best now.

Figures crossed we'll be neighbors soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: