Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 06:23 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times

Advertisements

People unlicensed and unlawfully selling food in subways were told to take a walk by NYPD. After several warnings to which vendors pretty much responded "go pound salt"; the cuffs came out. Now every SJW from Brooklyn to Bronx has yet another thing to be woke about.

https://gothamist.com/news/nypd-arre...life-crackdown

Leaving aside these people are illegals, no one knows where food and drinks they are selling come from, how they are prepared, and so forth. Anyone could get sick and there wouldn't be any recourse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 06:33 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
She has five children, four of whom live in Ecuador. Hmmmm, I wonder if she’s illegal?

Old 11-13-2019, 07:17 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,600,729 times
I don't get the outrage
It's not like they let Eastern European ladies sell pierogies

Old 11-13-2019, 07:23 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times
Bunch of soy boys looking for a cause.
This ain't it. Inside the subway is a no go. It ain't public space. On the streets, give me a pass, no real crime here.

City should re evaluate the permits, and see where the mob **** is happening.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:28 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,469,033 times
If you notice, hard working everyday New Yorkers of color could care less about this latest "Fad".

It's only the White Soy Boys and White Female SJW's who part-time at their local ACLU office who seem to always have their phones out.

Like Malcolm X Said, be Weary of the White Liberals.

"The white Liberal differs from the white Conservative only in one way; the Liberal is more deceitful, more hypocritical, than the Conservative. Both want power, but the White Liberal is the one who has perfected the art of posing as the Negro's friend and benefactor and by winning the friendship and support of the Negro, the White Liberal is able to use the Negro as a pawn or a weapon in this political football game, that is constantly raging, between the White Liberals and the White Conservatives. The American Negro is nothing, but a political football."

- Malcom X (1963)

Old 11-13-2019, 07:49 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Hey at least the woman was making her own money. I have no problem people who hustle for their money so long as they don't hurt other people whether they are here legally or illegally.

The issue I have is with our government not providing health care at a reasonable rate for our citizens, while people here illegally get it for free. And again I don't fault those people for getting it for free I fault our government to not care enough about the hard working people that make too much to get it at a reasonable cost but make too little to financially be able to afford it!

Old 11-13-2019, 07:53 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,919 times
Come on. You never bought churros in the subway?
Better they sell churros than go homeless or on welfare.
Besides, you don't know if these women are illegal or not.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:54 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Hey at least the woman was making her own money. I have no problem people who hustle for their money so long as they don't hurt other people whether they are here legally or illegally.

The issue I have is with our government not providing health care at a reasonable rate for our citizens, while people here illegally get it for free. And again I don't fault those people for getting it for free I fault our government to not care enough about the hard working people that make too much to get it at a reasonable cost but make too little to financially be able to afford it!
The reason illegals are getting it stems from the sky high cost to taxpayers to have them use the emergency room, so either way taxpayers pay. The only question is how much? It’s also interesting that you have no issue with this lady selling her goods tax free... Meanwhile other people are “hustling” too and paying taxes on what they sell. This chick has no permit. No idea where her food comes from, how it is prepared... Nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Come on. You never bought churros in the subway?
Better they sell churros than go homeless or on welfare.
What BS. If she was legal, she would get a permit like other vendors instead of hawking her stuff tax free.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:08 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,469,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
LMAO... you don't even believe what you are typing.

Regardless of citizenship status, it's still illegal to sell without a proper vendors license and that's what the issue is here.

Folks come from third world countries to come here and make it just like the place they came from. I'll never understand.

it used to be people came to the US to ASSIMILATE and become a US Citizen and abide by US laws and customs. Lately it seems more like an Invasion of people who want to change the laws and customs to how they were back in their home country. Lawlessness.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:32 PM

1,034 posts, read 673,505 times
You people need to learn about NYC's history.. Since the 17th century it's always been attracting hustlers, those who want to make money doing various kinds of trades. It's a commerce town. Please, half of Lower East Side in the early 20th century was "illegal". There were over 150 german pubs and thousands of vendors there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City