Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 04:46 PM

19,092 posts, read 14,056,720 times

Advertisements

Lol.

Have you ever been to the ghetto? She’s partying right now with the baby wandering around on his/her own as people pop bottles.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2019, 06:03 PM

7,266 posts, read 4,640,175 times
She was treated horribly. What’s the crime in sitting down? As a society it makes people feel superior to make all sorts of false assumptions about poor people.

Old 12-16-2019, 06:05 PM

3,771 posts, read 3,506,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
How would she do it? She has a baby, one year old, a toddler. What would she do? Leave him alone? Leave him with someone? Do you think she will even have the energy to go out when the baby is done crying? It's more than likely that she will just sleep to recover.
You've obviously never been to a real "inner city" neighborhood have you?

Old 12-16-2019, 06:25 PM

3,771 posts, read 3,506,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
She was treated horribly. What’s the crime in sitting down?
That's a terribly simplistic view of what transpired

Old 12-16-2019, 08:43 PM

7,907 posts, read 7,937,618 times
that money will be as good as spent in no time
she probably took the first offer that was handed to her
between the lawyers, her being on welfare, which they will recoup, and the leeches around her. this is not really that great of a win, so idk what the faux outrage is about
i would've been impressed if she got a few million to live on but nah. this is petty cash bruh/sis

Old 12-17-2019, 06:04 AM

34,179 posts, read 47,465,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
that money will be as good as spent in no time
she probably took the first offer that was handed to her
between the lawyers, her being on welfare, which they will recoup, and the leeches around her. this is not really that great of a win, so idk what the faux outrage is about
i would've been impressed if she got a few million to live on but nah. this is petty cash bruh/sis
R u serious

Ppl hate on anything on here to make themselves feel like they're worth more. They wish they was getting a settlement really, plain and simple

It's really not that much money in the big picture, ur right

She should take whatever's left over and just leave NYC

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-17-2019, 11:28 AM

7,266 posts, read 4,640,175 times
I was a social worker and worked with poor people all the time. They have many obstacles and being poor takes a lot of energy because one small mistake can really set people back.

Old 12-17-2019, 12:58 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,950,716 times
Quote:
I was a social worker and worked with poor people all the time. They have many obstacles and being poor takes a lot of energy because one small mistake can really set people back.
In addition, poor people often come from poor families. Often people who find a windfall of money will have family and friends asking for money and gifts from out of the blue. Happens all the time with lottery winners.

Old 12-17-2019, 01:06 PM

16,180 posts, read 6,932,930 times
Quote:
She was treated horribly. What’s the crime in sitting down? As a society it makes people feel superior to make all sorts of false assumptions about poor people.
Opinion:
I have followed this story from the beginning.
Sitting down is one thing. Planting your butt and obstructing the flow of traffic is another.
She refused to wait in line. Disrupted others there for the same reason. Disobeyed warnings.
Became abusive then physical when confronted and used her child as a shield. Beyond trash!
I feel sorry for that poor child that will most likely take on the persona of this crazy human being.
Oooooops. Just got another increase in my property taxes............Go Figure.

Old 12-17-2019, 04:02 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,088,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
I have followed this story from the beginning.
Sitting down is one thing. Planting your butt and obstructing the flow of traffic is another.
She refused to wait in line.
Disrupted others there for the same reason. Disobeyed warnings.
Became abusive then physical when confronted and used her child as a shield. Beyond trash!
I feel sorry for that poor child that will most likely take on the persona of this crazy human being.
Oooooops. Just got another increase in my property taxes............Go Figure.
As I understand it she was in line, just sitting on the floor instead of standing, there was no mention of her obstructing traffic. I would imagine she moved forward as the line moved.

How was that hurting anyone? Is there a rule against sitting in line?

From the article:

Quote:
Her incident has caused a massive change at the city’s Department of Social Services, including de-escalation training and a plan for every peace officer to have body cameras by the end of the year.
The solution needed is to hire more case workers so people aren't standing in line for HOURS

or

supply enough chairs so no one has to STAND at all and use one of those tear off a number things to keep track of whose turn it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: