Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 10:00 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,445,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Can you believe that the sack of trash, sorry excuse for a mayor and other leftists are actually blaming President Trump for "creating an atmosphere" that led to these attacks? Newsflash: these people who are attacking Jews in NYC, NJ, and Monsy aren't Trump supporters. If anything, they have more in common with the left. Most of the antisemites I've encountered in my life have been rank leftists who tried to mask their antisemitism as being anti-Israel
I did a podcast about the current division that we have in our society. Not for nothing, Trump is part of the problem, but other agents of the division are equally are responsible such as academia, mainstream media, certain industries like journalism, publishing, social media, social activism, white nationalism and the list goes on. Antisemitism can come from any group of people and all sorts of directions from politics like Nazism and even Communism. Also put blame on your Democrat leaders that you have in NYC and NYS that equate anti-Israel with anti-Semitism. While at the same time democrats want to be woke, defend Jews, but still shame and denounce Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 10:18 AM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I did a podcast about the current division that we have in our society. Not for nothing, Trump is part of the problem, but other agents of the division are equally are responsible such as academia, mainstream media, certain industries like journalism, publishing, social media, social activism, white nationalism and the list goes on. Antisemitism can come from any group of people and all sorts of directions from politics like Nazism and even Communism. Also put blame on your Democrat leaders that you have in NYC and NYS that equate anti-Israel with anti-Semitism. While at the same time democrats want to be woke, defend Jews, but still shame and denounce Israel.
I'm genuinely curious to hear why you consider Trump to be "part of the problem" when it comes to antisemitic attacks President Trump is not only a strong supporter of the only Jewish state (and has taken steps in showing his support that other presidents have promised but then changed their mind on to include moving our embassy to Jerusalem and recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel) but he also denounces antisemitism in the strongest ways possible.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm genuinely curious to hear why you consider Trump to be "part of the problem" when it comes to antisemitic attacks President Trump is not only a strong supporter of the only Jewish state (and has taken steps in showing his support that other presidents have promised but then changed their mind on to include moving our embassy to Jerusalem and recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel) but he also denounces antisemitism in the strongest ways possible.
I'm not talking about the attack, I'm talking about the overall division in this country. I personally don't blame trump for what happened in NYC. Trump is actually pro Isreal btw. I mainly put part of the blame of our current discourse on trump for our nation at the moment, he is not the only actor. I also put blame on academia which is causing the problem where we have today.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:27 AM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about the attack, I'm talking about the overall division in this country. I personally don't blame trump for what happened in NYC. Trump is actually pro Isreal btw.
Ok, understood. I don't disagree that President Trump is divisive to many, but I also feel that much of the outrage against his divisiveness is hypocritical and self-serving.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:37 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,715,581 times
The left has been completely infiltrated by anti-semites who just hide behind the "its not anti-Semitic to hate Israel" mask. They found allies in Islamists, and both of them have the same goals, destroying Western civilization. The far right is just as bad, but they are not as mainstream as the far left, and they don't hold positions in the media, universities, or HR departments of big companies.

Old 12-31-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
The left has been completely infiltrated by anti-semites who just hide behind the "its not anti-Semitic to hate Israel" mask. They found allies in Islamists, and both of them have the same goals, destroying Western civilization. The far right is just as bad, but they are not as mainstream as the far left, and they don't hold positions in the media, universities, or HR departments of big companies.
Very true.i agree with you here on this last part of your paragraph.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
I agree here. The far right alt right is just as bad as the far left elements here in this country. What I noticed is the amongst the far left elements is this. The far left element is made up of feminist, BLM, LGBT alliance, undocumented migrants anti white supremacy and anti nazis. These groups form a quasi alliance in the the form of social justice activism. Much of the rhetoric in the Activist left comes from the university in the past 5 years. Also these ideas only exist chiefly in 5 mainly white Anglo Saxon states, and to a lesser extent Ireland and South Africa. Example Me-too movement is big in 5 white Anglo Saxon states, but not so spanish speaking Mexico, or in France. Or BLM movement is big in United States, Canada and UK, but not so in Cuba, Haiti, Brazil despite all three nations being culturally and historically influenced by African culture with large black populations.

The ideas and factions I have mentioned above have clout in media, social media, academia publishing and journalism. And control human resources departments with the diversity officer position. One of the best books I read before the close out of the last decade is Douglas murray madness of the crowds who speaks about this topic.

As a society. We will get through this. By mid decade, these types of ideas will be on the decline.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:46 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,601,532 times
Quote:
I agree here. The far right alt right is just as bad as the far left elements here in this country. What I noticed is the amongst the far left elements is this. The far left element is made up of feminist, BLM, LGBT alliance, undocumented migrants anti white supremacy and anti nazis. These groups form a quasi alliance in the the form of social justice activism. Much of the rhetoric in the Activist left comes from the university in the past 5 years. Also these ideas only exist chiefly in 5 mainly white Anglo Saxon states, and to a lesser extent Ireland and South Africa. Example Me-too movement is big in 5 white Anglo Saxon states, but not so spanish speaking Mexico, or in France. Or BLM movement is big in United States, Canada and UK, but not so in Cuba, Haiti, Brazil despite all three nations being culturally and historically influenced by African culture with large black populations.

The ideas and factions I have mentioned above have clout in media, social media, academia publishing and journalism. And control human resources departments with the diversity officer position. One of the best books I read before the close out of the last decade is Douglas murray madness of the crowds who speaks about this topic.

As a society. We will get through this. By mid decade, these types of ideas will be on the decline.
Do you think so?

Old 01-01-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Do you think so?
I believe so, but time will tell. My best bet is for the government not to pore money into race, LGBT and gender studies on college campuses and have those who want to study such must pay out of their own pocket. The government must check the moral compass of the institution of academia.

As for antisemitism going on in Brooklyn? When I taka a panaromic look at things. Anti semitism has been in Brooklyn since the crown heights riot. Economics of the hassadic community and the caribbean community that shares the same neighborhood are on edge. I don't put blame on trump for this. Academia and the NYT are blaming trump, but I put emphasis and blame on the long standing economic conditions of the nyc area that are causing such attacks to happen.

Old 01-01-2020, 12:57 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,232,697 times
The recent rise on the attacks on Jews from blacks is born out of relaxation of law and order in the NYC area. There is now an air of "anything goes" among the ghetto youths and that there will not be any consequences. You will just get a slap on the wrist or maybe even land Mets tickets.

Jews might be the latest targets but it won't stay that way for long. Everyone walking on the streets who are unfortunate to run into the wrong people are susceptible.

And don't you just love the progressive Left? They create this problem but when the consequences of their failed policies show up, they immediately blame it on their opposition (Trump). It never fails.

Last edited by antinimby; 01-01-2020 at 01:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City