Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 12:16 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Both of you need to do your own researches as these popped up within seconds. Two deaths at the hands of the NYPD.

I only have to go back a few months to get to the first one: OCT. 17, 2019.

NYPD: Driver Fatally Shot by Officer While Fleeing Bronx Traffic Stop

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...-new-york-city

Then October 27, 2019.

Man shot, killed by NYPD known throughout his Brooklyn neighborhood

https://abc7ny.com/man-shot-killed-b...rhood/5648827/

And lets add one more from where the NYPD shot the NYPD on September 30, 2019.

NYPD officer killed in the Bronx died by friendly fire, police say

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/us/br...ead/index.html
So are you going to find us some unlawful shootings or just smear cops who were defending themselves?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2020, 09:25 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,903,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Jews might be the latest targets but it won't stay that way for long.

Jews are not the latest targets. Verbal street harassment, often racial, has been a New York thing for as long as I can remember.

Several times over the last few years, blacks (often homeless, but not always) shouted "White b*itch!" at my sister. And when I visited NYC many years ago, me and a friend were walking out late one night in Queens. A car with three black youths started driving alongside us. I was worried they'd mug us. Instead, one of them shouted "White trash!" and then they drove off.

Some observations:

1. Verbal assaults, often racial, have been a NYC thing for ... probably over 180 years. Didn't anyone see Gangs of New York?

2. Cell phones and social media, combined with political correctness, have made us more aware of them. It's now possible for a shockingly un-PC (but typically New York) verbal assault to go viral, creating the illusion that this is a new thing.

3. Jews are not uniquely targeted. It's just that some groups get greater attention. If a Jew, LGBT, or black records a racist assault on them, media and police are more likely to pay attention. If the same happens to a white person, the media and police would likely ignore it.

It never even occurred to me at the time that, when I was called "White trash!" I was technically the victim of a hate crime. Why would it? Esteemed professors say worse things about white people in our universities. Thus, it never occurred to me to report it to the police. I was just greatly relieved that those black youths didn't jump out of the car to mug me.

You want to hear hate speech? Listen to a college professor talk about whites.

Old 01-04-2020, 07:12 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Jews are not the latest targets. Verbal street harassment, often racial, has been a New York thing for as long as I can remember.

Several times over the last few years, blacks (often homeless, but not always) shouted "White b*itch!" at my sister. And when I visited NYC many years ago, me and a friend were walking out late one night in Queens. A car with three black youths started driving alongside us. I was worried they'd mug us. Instead, one of them shouted "White trash!" and then they drove off.

Some observations:

1. Verbal assaults, often racial, have been a NYC thing for ... probably over 180 years. Didn't anyone see Gangs of New York?

2. Cell phones and social media, combined with political correctness, have made us more aware of them. It's now possible for a shockingly un-PC (but typically New York) verbal assault to go viral, creating the illusion that this is a new thing.

3. Jews are not uniquely targeted. It's just that some groups get greater attention. If a Jew, LGBT, or black records a racist assault on them, media and police are more likely to pay attention. If the same happens to a white person, the media and police would likely ignore it.

It never even occurred to me at the time that, when I was called "White trash!" I was technically the victim of a hate crime. Why would it? Esteemed professors say worse things about white people in our universities. Thus, it never occurred to me to report it to the police. I was just greatly relieved that those black youths didn't jump out of the car to mug me.

You are correct in many of your points. If a Black thinks (s)he can get away with a verbal attack on a general White person, they will do so. But when it comes to specifically Hasidic Jews, they are known to be pacifists and will not respond in kind to verbal and physical attacks. AFAIK it's only happened once by a Hasidic Jew and it was done in response due to a more than normal crime rate (the person attacked was extremely drunk, it was late at night and was bouncing off cars as he walked through the neighborhood).

But if these Hasidic Jews were Italians or Irish Whites, Blacks would think more than twice before doing such attacks in areas where they border with those groups. Italians and Irish Whites will respond in kind.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:42 AM

30 posts, read 13,562 times
Quote:

Some observations:

Yeah it is just how it is today. Last night near Times Square a black guy was openly saying he will get a gun to start shooting white people. It is common today. Killing whites is encouraged.

Two days ago I witnessed a black guy announcing on the subway that he hates white people. So he randomly assaulted a innocent white guy just sitting there. Nobody did anything but ignore it.

There are plenty of incidents online of blatantly discriminating against white men and it comes from people with good paying jobs at prestigeous companies. They get warnings, but they do not get terminated.

Old 01-05-2020, 01:24 PM

11,642 posts, read 12,717,447 times
Sticks and Stones and Knives will break our bones.

The problem is that the assaults weren't just verbal. That would be old news, as well as property damage. The march is for the physical assaults.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:10 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,445,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Haiti is one of the Blackest nations in the Western Hemisphere. That’s why there is no Black Lives Matter Movement.

Mexico is probably behind the times due to drug cartels. MeToo does exist in France and Spain.

You do have Black activists in Brazil and Colombia.
Some countries have negative and postitive feedback loops. United States, New Zealand, Canada, UK and Australia all have positive feedback loops when movements arise in the United States and ends up in other Anglo Saxon mainly white nations with a very vocal minority groups. You want to an Ivy League school right?

You Should know this stuff by now. Mexico is not behind the times with the drug cartels, drug cartels has nothing to do with social movements. The only social movement to happen in Mexico is either for support of Journalism and against the drug cartels, and see how does that turns out for the indiividual doing such stance?

Metoo does exist everywhere else, however Metoo movement has negative and postive feedback loops. Here in the United States and rest of the white Anglosphere, the Metoo movement has had a postive feedback loop. Even I as a male see The Metoo movement as a net postive. In places like France and Italy, the Metoo Movement is not doing much to address such incidents and is loosing steam.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/19/71969...o-womens-hopes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft....a-f0c92e957a96

https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...d-public-scorn

Of course their is black activists throughout the diaspora, however those types of activists do not hold weight compared to the American black activists in the states. Even two years ago a black activists and politician in Rio De Janiero Brazil was gunned down by a gang of her own race, and no justice ever took place. Even in a place like Cuba who has patriciated in Pan African movements during the Cold War. Doing BLM wont work over there, if so the Communist Government will start arresting or even killing black folks in the public.

https://pulitzercenter.org/reporting...t-doesnt-exist

These social movements taht Ihave mentioned above are mainly designed to work in the Anglo States with a large white populace, small minority groups, and large affluent class of people who are educated and have money. These movements can not work in low or middle income black and brown nations. Not much equity to be shared or handed over to the victim or oppresed class. The Anglosphere of Canada, UK, US, NZ and Australia are the most affluent nations on earth.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:17 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,445,464 times
Quote:

Some observations:

The bold highlight is correct. MSM jumped on board and it is now recieving attention. Racial and verbal attacks and verbal assualts do exist in NYC. But what can one do if such verbal assault happens. You can not be arrested for hate speech, maybe for harrasment. These incidents you have mentioned do go viral. Remember two years ago on the LIRR when two riders got into a back and forth and one of the riders called a woman of color a monkey? Activist tried to get the man fired from his job, however he has a strong union, but he did get arrested and was fined for harrasment. Likewise for that lawyer who acusted the two Hispanic workers at Pret Manger I think. Social Activist tried to get the lawyer fired, upon discovery the lawyer works for himself. Getting him fired didnt work, instead the lawyer ended up getting evicted from his office space.

Hate speech is a very touch subject. From my observation, hate speech should be called or be deffined offensive speech. Hate speech should only be defined as speech that is violent like causing physical harm or danger to individual, collective, or entities.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:41 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Some countries have negative and postitive feedback loops. United States, New Zealand, Canada, UK and Australia all have positive feedback loops when movements arise in the United States and ends up in other Anglo Saxon mainly white nations with a very vocal minority groups. You want to an Ivy League school right?

You Should know this stuff by now. Mexico is not behind the times with the drug cartels, drug cartels has nothing to do with social movements. The only social movement to happen in Mexico is either for support of Journalism and against the drug cartels, and see how does that turns out for the indiividual doing such stance?

Metoo does exist everywhere else, however Metoo movement has negative and postive feedback loops. Here in the United States and rest of the white Anglosphere, the Metoo movement has had a postive feedback loop. Even I as a male see The Metoo movement as a net postive. In places like France and Italy, the Metoo Movement is not doing much to address such incidents and is loosing steam.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/19/71969...o-womens-hopes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft....a-f0c92e957a96

https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...d-public-scorn

Of course their is black activists throughout the diaspora, however those types of activists do not hold weight compared to the American black activists in the states. Even two years ago a black activists and politician in Rio De Janiero Brazil was gunned down by a gang of her own race, and no justice ever took place. Even in a place like Cuba who has patriciated in Pan African movements during the Cold War. Doing BLM wont work over there, if so the Communist Government will start arresting or even killing black folks in the public.

https://pulitzercenter.org/reporting...t-doesnt-exist

These social movements taht Ihave mentioned above are mainly designed to work in the Anglo States with a large white populace, small minority groups, and large affluent class of people who are educated and have money. These movements can not work in low or middle income black and brown nations. Not much equity to be shared or handed over to the victim or oppresed class. The Anglosphere of Canada, UK, US, NZ and Australia are the most affluent nations on earth.
Black activists have been killed by criminal Black people in the United States as well. Universities, governments, and corporations have to hire a certain number of Black and Natives in Brazil, Colombia, Peru, and Ecuador for reparations.

The majority of people in public colleges are now Black in Brazil.

You have activists for Natives too.

There’s just a lack of knowledge and real interest in what happens out of the Anglosphere. There are huge women’s rights movements in the Spanish speaking world. Many South American nations have already elected women Presidents.

There are culture and legal differences, so the expression of these movements are different in different parts of the world. But they exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City