Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 01:39 AM

105 posts, read 126,037 times

Advertisements

He was released because he was a COP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
https://gothamist.com/news/narcotics...-witnesses-say

Thankfully the security guard was quick and took the thug down before anyone was injured or killed. What’s wild is that even though the guy was charged with attempted murder which is a bail-eligible offense, the judge decided to deny the DA’s to set a $50k bail.

Situation also reminds me of the occasional horror stories friends have told me about guys in New York drunkenly creeping up on them on the dance floor and taking no’s really poorly and aggressively, though not to this thug’s extent of pulling a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2020, 04:52 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
https://gothamist.com/news/narcotics...-witnesses-say

Thankfully the security guard was quick and took the thug down before anyone was injured or killed. What’s wild is that even though the guy was charged with attempted murder which is a bail-eligible offense, the judge decided to deny the DA’s to set a $50k bail.

Situation also reminds me of the occasional horror stories friends have told me about guys in New York drunkenly creeping up on them on the dance floor and taking no’s really poorly and aggressively, though not to this thug’s extent of pulling a gun.
Opinion:
Let me Guess. Location was within a mile of a Housing Project.................

Old 03-03-2020, 06:58 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I often see kids that are rude and not respectful of people in public at a very young age and the parents both father and mother present did not do anything to stop them and they were fine with the behavior. Clearly this isn't just a single mother issue.
The issue is complex. It's not as simple as single mother (although it can be an issue). It could be parents that are not really there, single parents, parents that had no business having kids, etc. Add the emotional, mental and financial health of both parents, add the social environment of the family, add the status of the child's peers and their family, etc... It's an Atom BOMB!!

Old 03-03-2020, 07:13 AM

37,122 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
Let me Guess. Location was within a mile of a Housing Project.................
Pretty bad guess given how little relevance the projects are to this incident. Do you want to try reading the article?

Old 03-04-2020, 05:36 AM

Opinion:

Bedford avenue ..........Hotspot...........hmmmmm............

Seems to have been spot on................care to reread my post ?

Old 03-04-2020, 07:03 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Given how many bars there are in Williamsburg and the number of days they are open, it’s not like everyone has this issue. It’s definitely a certain element who are a lot more aggressive and prone to violence than others. It also doesn’t need to be the case because there are definitely places where nightlife goes on long and the common expectation is to not do **** like this.
Everyone I know who parties in Williamsburg has been involved in some type of bar fight or late night altercation in some way shape or form. Brooklyn is a violent place compared to Queens IMO and the crime stats prove it. Always has been since my parents generation in the 70s. My Grandparents moved from there due to this and moved to Queens. The atmosphere is hostile and tense. I have lived in Crown Heights, Clinton Hill , East Flatbush and Bedstuy. Compared to Jackson Heights, Woodside and Forest Hills etc there is a lot more aggression , less space, less home owners, less happy families, less diversity and more segregation and more drastic income disparities.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Everyone I know who parties in Williamsburg has been involved in some type of bar fight or late night altercation in some way shape or form. Brooklyn is a violent place compared to Queens IMO and the crime stats prove it. Always has been since my parents generation in the 70s. My Grandparents moved from there due to this and moved to Queens. The atmosphere is hostile and tense. I have lived in Crown Heights, Clinton Hill , East Flatbush and Bedstuy. Compared to Jackson Heights, Woodside and Forest Hills etc there is a lot more aggression , less space, less home owners, less happy families, less diversity and more segregation and more drastic income disparities.
Opinion: Well Done. Telling it like it was, is........and will be until folks start doing the right thing............

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 03-06-2020 at 07:39 PM..

Old 03-07-2020, 06:15 AM

357 posts, read 727,383 times
https://gothamist.com/news/deferenti...lliamsburg-bar

No bail reform noise for this West Village resident who is shooting up a bar?
Could it be because he happens to be a cop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City