Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 12:50 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,621,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
I love the left wing liberal trap they've set for themselves. People like you actually think Asians consider themselves to be colored? Please, I dare you, I double dare you...tell me what color are Asians? Please, just say it!

I bet you won't say it. Notice how the left wing news networks like CNN and company always call Hispanics brown and AA's black but they won't say what color they believe Asians to be. They, my friend, are the racists.
Asians vary in color, but most I would say are tan. Their president is the same skin tone as Mexico's president.

And POC just means not of European descent anyway. So an albino black person is still considered a POC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2020, 12:54 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,023,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
This appears to be two Chinese, most likely both foreigners from mainland China. While gun violence is unheard of in China, knife stabbings is the preferred method of deadly assault. It's quite common. Living near Flushing, Queens, I know many mainland Chinese, and they've all told me this. The perp likely knows his victim. Seldom do Chinese attack total strangers in the streets of NYC.
I wonder why the chinese do not have a fencing martial art. They have their own style of swords and other melee weapons. You think they develop a sport out of it like the Japanese with Kendo, and Euros with Olympic style fencing. Even the Nomads still shoot arrows from horseback for fun and games.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:58 PM

There was a bunch of bystanders around too. Too bad they not in a position to help since NYC cannot be armed even with a baton.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:08 PM

37,283 posts, read 39,605,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I wonder why the chinese do have a fencing martial art. They have their own style of swords and other melee weapons. You think they develop a sport out of it like the Japanese with Kendo, and Euros with Olympic style fencing. Even the Nomads still shoot arrows from horseback for fun and games.
There are a lot of different Chinese martial arts and sporting events that include weapons. If you’re wondering about why there isn’t a single major codified one, it’s likely because there was a massive amount of regional variations. Up until the last three generations, the general Chinese populace couldn’t speak with and hold a conversation each other from region to region as the linguistic differences were too great with more mountainous parts of China not being able to hold a conversation with villages just dozens of miles away. That kind of balkanization meant there wasn’t one particular ruleset and form of martial art competition that extended over past the regions. On top of that, China had been fairly isolationist for a long while up until various economic reforms in the 70s and then more in the 90s and beyond. Contrast that with South Korea and Japan which were very much a part of the global economy at those points, had fairly homogenous populations, and were pretty ready to export such abroad.

Maybe in the coming years there’ll be more of a codified, somewhat national sport of sorts, but really, the Chinese general public are a lot more enthusiastic about basketball and soccer.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
There are a lot of different Chinese martial arts and sporting events that include weapons. If you’re wondering about why there isn’t a single major codified one, it’s likely because there was a massive amount of regional variations. Up until the last three generations, the general Chinese populace couldn’t speak with and hold a conversation each other from region to region as the linguistic differences were too great with more mountainous parts of China not being able to hold a conversation with villages just dozens of miles away. That kind of balkanization meant there wasn’t one particular ruleset and form of martial art competition that extended over past the regions. On top of that, China had been fairly isolationist for a long while up until various economic reforms in the 70s and then more in the 90s and beyond. Contrast that with South Korea and Japan which were very much a part of the global economy at those points, had fairly homogenous populations, and were pretty ready to export such abroad.

Maybe in the coming years there’ll be more of a codified, somewhat national sport of sorts, but really, the Chinese general public are a lot more enthusiastic about basketball and soccer.
Its off topic, but none of the arts spar with the weapons. Its all just showy dance routines.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:14 PM

37,283 posts, read 39,605,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Its off topic, but none of the arts spar with the weapons. Its all just showy dance routines.
Kendo is definitely not a dance routine, at least in terms of two people coordinating their movements beforehand. You do get a lot of padding though, and wooden swords. There’s some of that in Taiwan, too, where you fight in a regulated environment with wooden weapons and padding, and there’s a point system of sorts.

Old 03-10-2020, 03:58 PM

15,608 posts, read 15,731,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Why can’t he? It is a NYC related topic and meets the forum rules.
I didn't say he can't. I just asked "Why?" to imply that he seems to have poor judgment.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:33 AM

1,522 posts, read 1,821,308 times
This is obviously a personal attack. Maybe he owed money, or did something to provoke a hit on him. We can speculate the reasons. But this isn't some random attack that should make people in fear. The fact they're from Fujian province makes me believe it's organized crime or very street level stuff. This used to happen all the time in Chinatown in the 80s - late 90s when all the gangs were around.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:13 AM

19,081 posts, read 14,035,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Look maaayn, I don't always agree with 7th but he keeps it real. He lets a lot of things slide and lets the forums breath. Take a look at the censorship at the other threads by the over zealous and mentally sensitive mods there. They are pathetic. Him and Air are the best mods. Period.
No one else wants to touch this place lol

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-14-2020, 08:06 AM

34,169 posts, read 47,427,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
No one else wants to touch this place lol
Bwahaha

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City