Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 01:25 PM

8,415 posts, read 4,436,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
Soundview has some rough blocks and NYCHA buildings. Outside of that many houses and condos, and the southern tip (Clason Point) is really quiet.
Castle Hill NYCHA buildings are rough, really rough, outside of that Castle Hill is the suburbs, the southern tip of it is especially quiet. Really comparable with Throgs Neck but with much less going on.
Now in my opinion the bad part of Soundview is very far from the worst of the Bronx. Hunts Point is really really really decrepit and shady. Morissania even in the daytime has a lot (of not necessarily good things) going on, and shady characters. Highbridge, though architecturally nice, is a horrible place. And Tremont around Crotona Park as well as West Farms and Morris Heights, are really not desirable places to live and make Soundview and Castle Hill look good.

As mentioned, I don't go outside Parkchester condo area, so do not have any direct experience to report, only what I read in the police log and the news. Yes, per my sources of information, Tremont might take #1 for the most dangerous area of the Bronx, with very close #2 being Hunts Point, and Morissania #3. But Soundview still earns at least a dishonorable mention in this category of the worst, and Castle Hill, while not quite in that category, is not safe either.

It is a strange situation with reporting crime statistics, because they are usually summarized by precinct. Parkchester (including both its safe condo complex area with roving private security, and the gangland in its western area), Castle Hill, and Soundview are the same precinct, so not knowing further details and looking at the crime statistics, it would be impossible to tell anything about the crime risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City