Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 06:01 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,901,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Nope don't do it. I'm not scared of the corona virus in any sense but if I went and saw my elderly parents and one got sick and died , I'd never forgive myself. Same with my friends in the nursing home, I won't be visiting them anytime soon, even if they allow visitors.
You're contradicting yourself.

If you're not scared then why take precautions at all, it can't harm you so why would it hurt your parents? You've all got the same invincible genetics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 06:16 PM

5,722 posts, read 2,636,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
You're contradicting yourself.

If you're not scared then why take precautions at all, it can't harm you so why would it hurt your parents? You've all got the same invincible genetics
I'm not contradicting myself. I never said it can't harm me.
I said, I'm not scared of getting the corona virus. If I recover or die. I could care less. But I do care about the people in my life, especially the elderly and wouldn't want to risk safety to those with pre-exsisting conditions.
Now you on the other hand I will gladly visit, share a meal, give you a big kiss. I could care less if you get corona or not.

Last edited by 90sSitcom; 07-14-2020 at 07:15 PM..

Old 07-14-2020, 06:17 PM

13,288 posts, read 8,484,651 times
If you are properly vested in preventive attire you are not fully exposed or exposing yourself to the person. Good lordy, I'd move heaven and Earth to be with a beloved member. With a garb on, sanitizing, and facial wear, I see no reason to condemn a person who is LIVING with common sense . Doctors and nurses do it, every day. Show some respect for these families who understand the preciousness of time and support.

Old 07-14-2020, 09:27 PM

383 posts, read 174,730 times
Quote:
Coming up to give Grandma a swift and rapid end. How kind.

I have zero plans on visiting my grandmother or any other relatives. People have no idea about the G Clade Variant and now the confirmation that you can get the same strain twice as well due to antibodies only lasting 3 months.

This fall is going to be a disaster.
I would not be so pessimistic about Fall...I personally don't really believe in a second wave.... If you look at the numbers, NYC got hit really really hard (for obvious reasons). Now it seems like to get to some sort of "herd immunity", sadly, enough people have to get infected....and die.... When you compare with the numbers of the States really going through it now, they got the shortest lockdown, after very little cases, too fast, but they barely got hit in the first place (though more populated than NYS, for Florida, Texas and California...) They are now going through what we went through 2 months ago.... just like certain countries (like India) are going through what Italy, France and Spain went through in March (AKA a zombie apocalypse, they went through straight HELL with the flames of Satan licking their butts day and night)... Now, all the countries that had terrible numbers, whose hospitals were overwhelmed, who were in distress, are doing really well, and are slowly coming back to normal, without any dramatic spike... just like NYS.... This virus has to come, settle like Saladin in Egypt and Syria, and die down, leaving acrid memories... I hope my hypothesis is close to accurate, maybe it isn't.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:11 AM

383 posts, read 174,730 times
And by the way look, now we’re safe, numbers are magically going to go down http://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/politi...cdc/index.html

We are safe !!!! Hahahahaha ha

Old 07-15-2020, 07:12 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,901,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I'm not contradicting myself. I never said it can't harm me.
I said, I'm not scared of getting the corona virus. If I recover or die. I could care less. But I do care about the people in my life, especially the elderly and wouldn't want to risk safety to those with pre-exsisting conditions.
Now you on the other hand I will gladly visit, share a meal, give you a big kiss. I could care less if you get corona or not.
You need to contact a professional therapist.

In addition - You seem to have trouble understanding logic and common sense. By endangering yourself, you endanger your loved ones. But you obviously don't care about them or yourself. So why pretend like you do? Seek help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
I would not be so pessimistic about Fall...I personally don't really believe in a second wave.... If you look at the numbers, NYC got hit really really hard (for obvious reasons). Now it seems like to get to some sort of "herd immunity", sadly, enough people have to get infected....and die.... When you compare with the numbers of the States really going through it now, they got the shortest lockdown, after very little cases, too fast, but they barely got hit in the first place (though more populated than NYS, for Florida, Texas and California...) They are now going through what we went through 2 months ago.... just like certain countries (like India) are going through what Italy, France and Spain went through in March (AKA a zombie apocalypse, they went through straight HELL with the flames of Satan licking their butts day and night)... Now, all the countries that had terrible numbers, whose hospitals were overwhelmed, who were in distress, are doing really well, and are slowly coming back to normal, without any dramatic spike... just like NYS.... This virus has to come, settle like Saladin in Egypt and Syria, and die down, leaving acrid memories... I hope my hypothesis is close to accurate, maybe it isn't.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/2...%20A%20viruses.

Optimism and ignorance will be America's undoing.

Pay attention to what is happening.

Old 07-15-2020, 07:27 PM

5,722 posts, read 2,636,651 times
Quote:
You seem to have trouble understanding logic and common sense. By endangering yourself, you endanger your loved ones. But you obviously don't care about them or yourself. So why pretend like you do?
I haven't seen my loved ones since before the corona happened so tell my friend how am I putting them at risk
I am concerned and do love them that's why I don't see them. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.
Also I'd like to know what it is that you think I do to endanger my life. I'm not at clubs of 10,000 people every night. Though if I was its my choice. I go for solo walks and shopping at stores. So stop with your preaching boy.

Last edited by 90sSitcom; 07-15-2020 at 07:36 PM..

Old 07-16-2020, 05:04 AM

43,754 posts, read 44,521,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
I wonder if they will trace you through all credit card transactions?
Is that legal without reasonable cause?

For incoming commercial airline passengers, I assume that the passenger manifests are obtainable by NY State in order to enforce this. But I can't see how this rule can be enforced for anyone else coming from outside to NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City