Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 01:33 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,744,908 times

Advertisements

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-form/2514296/

22 States Now on Tri-State Quarantine List as Cuomo Ups Ante With New NY Emergency Order
"No one wants to go back to the hell we experienced three months ago, so please stay vigilant," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday
By Jennifer Millman • Published July 14, 2020

Gov. Andrew Cuomo is upping the ante on the state's quarantine advisory, now requiring travelers from hotspot states to submit a form with their contact information and where they'll spend their 14-day isolation

Failure to submit that form may result in a $2,000 fine; violators may also be summoned for a hearing and subject to mandatory quarantine. The rules now apply to travelers from 22 states, with four more added Tuesday

Cuomo announced the new state health emergency order Monday, saying noncompliance from out-of-state travelers was contributing to new COVID clusters in New York; that compounds the compliance problem locally

Citing noncompliance with the existing quarantine advisory, Gov. Andrew Cuomo upped the ante with a new emergency health order in New York starting Tuesday. Travelers from those 22 hotspots landing at New York airports now must fill out a form that state officials will use to ensure they isolate for 14 days.

Four more states were added to the tri-state's quarantine-restricted list Tuesday --
New Mexico, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Ohio. Delaware came off, no longer meeting the criteria to be considered a viral hotspot under New York standards.

That brings the total number on the list to 22. In addition to the newcomers, the restricted states include: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.

Statewide, New York's daily spot positivity test rate was 1.5 percent Tuesday, the highest it has been in about six weeks. Over a seven-day rolling period, the positive test rate average is just 1 percent, a far cry from the 48 percent weekly rolling average the state saw at the crisis' peak in early April. Cuomo never wants to climb that mountain again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 01:58 PM

556 posts, read 624,765 times
Does this apply to illegal aliens too?

Old 07-14-2020, 02:07 PM

3 posts, read 6,348 times
Default FL to NY

My Wife and I are thinking about driving to Queens from Florida with our 3 kids due to my Wife's grandmother's health is declining and she wants to make sure she spends as much time with her as she can. We have been quarantining in our house since the pandemic started except just food shopping and essential stuff. My wife got tested and is negative. I understand we have to quarantine for 14 days and we will comply. I am just trying to determine if it is even worth it. If we do decide, we will stop to sleep overnight at a hotel and obviously multiple stops along the way (bathroom breaks and food). I guess I just want to get everyone else's input to help us better decide.

Thanks

Old 07-14-2020, 04:07 PM

8,029 posts, read 9,233,236 times
Did you and your kids get tested? Unless you all get tested it seems dopey to,possibly infect an infirmed elderly woman with covid.

Where are you staying for the 14 days? With grandma? That doesn't sound too great for her. If at a hotel, you have a higher risk of contracting covid and spreading it.

How is Grandma? Can she interact with others? Does she feel well enough to have these visitors for 14 days? Has anyone asked HER what SHE would want?

Old 07-14-2020, 04:57 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,927,461 times
Coming up to give Grandma a swift and rapid end. How kind.

I have zero plans on visiting my grandmother or any other relatives. People have no idea about the G Clade Variant and now the confirmation that you can get the same strain twice as well due to antibodies only lasting 3 months.

This fall is going to be a disaster.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:09 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,403,320 times
I wonder if they will trace you through all credit card transactions?

Old 07-14-2020, 05:09 PM

8,946 posts, read 4,824,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post

This fall is going to be a disaster.
Not so fast...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/healt...udy/index.html

Old 07-14-2020, 05:17 PM

5,791 posts, read 2,698,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Lord please let this work and end all this madness! I'm not expecting an announcement we are good to go with it till Nov. 4th though

Old 07-14-2020, 05:21 PM

5,791 posts, read 2,698,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeVS View Post
My Wife and I are thinking about driving to Queens from Florida with our 3 kids due to my Wife's grandmother's health is declining and she wants to make sure she spends as much time with her as she can. We have been quarantining in our house since the pandemic started except just food shopping and essential stuff. My wife got tested and is negative. I understand we have to quarantine for 14 days and we will comply. I am just trying to determine if it is even worth it. If we do decide, we will stop to sleep overnight at a hotel and obviously multiple stops along the way (bathroom breaks and food). I guess I just want to get everyone else's input to help us better decide.

Thanks
Nope don't do it. I'm not scared of the corona virus in any sense but if I went and saw my elderly parents and one got sick and died , I'd never forgive myself. Same with my friends in the nursing home, I won't be visiting them anytime soon, even if they allow visitors.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:28 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,352,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeVS View Post

Thanks
Rent a RV, drive it up, quarantine in it after arrival for 2 weeks and then visit with grandma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City