Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 10:43 PM

910 posts, read 752,632 times

Advertisements

I left NYC a few weeks ago. Even before the pandemic struck, I noticed how increasingly, after bail reform and other asinine legal changes pushed by extremist lawmakers in Albany elected by an electorate that is increasingly foreign and hostile to America and Americans, anarchy reigned in NYC. I noticed how the more violent elements in society were no longer scared of the police, as illustrated by dozens upon dozens of examples of crimes that have taken place in the last 6 months.

On top of that, the ridiculous Chief of the NYPD, Monahan, wearing full uniform, took the knee to bow and tribute the new lords of BLM. It was really painful and nauseating to watch.

That's another one I don't know whether to file under Enemies of America or You Couldn't Make It Up.

Everywhere, madness is in the air. For the past couple of weeks, there's been an apocalyptic atmosphere everywhere. I constantly ask myself "who is really in charge of the asylum"?

We appear not to have a Government worth the name. Trump has lost the plot completely. You´d never think that in 2016 Americans elected a very right-wing candidate with a majority in the Senate. I feel as if though I am living in a Left-wing dictatorship.

In the face of the greatest national emergency since World War II, the entire country is consumed by a never-ending preposterous discussion/spat about statues of White men who died long ago.

Mobs roam the country committing criminal damage while police stand back and let them get on with it, particularly in NYC, Portland, Washington D.C., Atlanta and other major cities.

In NYC, you have the most reprehensible and disgusting mayor ever to be elected, Bill DE BLASIO, seizing the moment and at the same time are totally incapable of doing anything about the real black lives being lost to gun violence and other crimes.

The federal senators have abrogated all responsibility. They are happy to be IN office but not in power, as the saying goes. The state senators, too.

Black Lives Matter criminals demand change, but when pressed are incapable of giving any specifics as to what, precisely, that means. And yet even the Republicans grovel before this mob.

Meanwhile, half the country was enjoying an extended, all-expenses-paid summer vacation on the taxpayers' tab.

Giving cash away is the easy bit. Let's see how things work out now that everyone´s pocket money is going to stop. By now, many have realized idleness is a way of life. So many don't have a job to go back to.

Neither Trump nor any other elected politician seems capable of pushing back against the brutal wave of institutional far left crazy bias. The only thing America is beating the world right now is in Covid deaths and crime in cities.

Trump has failed his audition, because it has been downhill ever since his election.

Meanwhile, the stats for NYC are appalling:

Unemployment benefits encourage laziness:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/05/nyc-gr...-unemployment/

Rising violent crime:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/22/andrew...ootings-spike/

We absolutely have to make it hard on those people who CAN WORK and CAN CHOOSE jobs but still refuse to do so. Indefinite unemployment benefits must end. Crime must once again be severely punished and a lot more people should be in jail.

The NYC mayor should be recalled. We are only human...there is only so much more of this madness a city can take!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 01:07 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Preach On Bro.

I agree 100%

Old 07-25-2020, 01:57 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
I left NYC a few weeks ago. Even before the pandemic struck, I noticed how increasingly, after bail reform and other asinine legal changes pushed by extremist lawmakers in Albany elected by an electorate that is increasingly foreign and hostile to America and Americans, anarchy reigned in NYC. I noticed how the more violent elements in society were no longer scared of the police, as illustrated by dozens upon dozens of examples of crimes that have taken place in the last 6 months.

On top of that, the ridiculous Chief of the NYPD, Monahan, wearing full uniform, took the knee to bow and tribute the new lords of BLM. It was really painful and nauseating to watch.

That's another one I don't know whether to file under Enemies of America or You Couldn't Make It Up.

Everywhere, madness is in the air. For the past couple of weeks, there's been an apocalyptic atmosphere everywhere. I constantly ask myself "who is really in charge of the asylum"?

We appear not to have a Government worth the name. Trump has lost the plot completely. You´d never think that in 2016 Americans elected a very right-wing candidate with a majority in the Senate. I feel as if though I am living in a Left-wing dictatorship.

In the face of the greatest national emergency since World War II, the entire country is consumed by a never-ending preposterous discussion/spat about statues of White men who died long ago.

Mobs roam the country committing criminal damage while police stand back and let them get on with it, particularly in NYC, Portland, Washington D.C., Atlanta and other major cities.

In NYC, you have the most reprehensible and disgusting mayor ever to be elected, Bill DE BLASIO, seizing the moment and at the same time are totally incapable of doing anything about the real black lives being lost to gun violence and other crimes.

The federal senators have abrogated all responsibility. They are happy to be IN office but not in power, as the saying goes. The state senators, too.

Black Lives Matter criminals demand change, but when pressed are incapable of giving any specifics as to what, precisely, that means. And yet even the Republicans grovel before this mob.

Meanwhile, half the country was enjoying an extended, all-expenses-paid summer vacation on the taxpayers' tab.

Giving cash away is the easy bit. Let's see how things work out now that everyone´s pocket money is going to stop. By now, many have realized idleness is a way of life. So many don't have a job to go back to.

Neither Trump nor any other elected politician seems capable of pushing back against the brutal wave of institutional far left crazy bias. The only thing America is beating the world right now is in Covid deaths and crime in cities.

Trump has failed his audition, because it has been downhill ever since his election.

Rising violent crime:

We absolutely have to make it hard on those people who CAN WORK and CAN CHOOSE jobs but still refuse to do so. Indefinite unemployment benefits must end. Crime must once again be severely punished and a lot more people should be in jail.

The NYC mayor should be recalled. We are only human...there is only so much more of this madness a city can take!

Response:
President Donald Trump should not be underestimated. He is not the key that is the open door to all American solutions but
the key that has kept the door closed to those willing to loot our country. He is up against a mighty enemy that has slowly leaked into our country over generations. They are planted by governments, supported by ideologists and paid for by elitists wishing us harm. This is only part of the problem. A bigger problem which you have grasped , and I rep you for ,is that half the Country " half the country is filled with free loaders broken into two basic groups. Those that were trained to be freeloaders in return for a vote by one sick political party and the other half willing to work but jobless because of the other political party that sold the work overseas. The crazies in the street are the young healthy and restless adults that are the results of failed policies by both political party politics. Behind closed doors our President is working to bring back jobs and prosperity to our country. If people can be put to work they will be to busy to complain. In the meantime, weak politicians are letting the unemployed masses have their way " similar to a parent letting the child have their 5 minute tantrum " until enough is enough. What appears as mayhem is a controlled relief valve letting off steam in order to save the unit form exploding and in addition you have the climate of perfect weather that flames the protests or heavy rains and humidity that dampens the fires. There are many elements that have been responsible for sickening our country but in time they too will be sorted out. Statues may topple, businesses may burn but violence will be squelched and cities rebuilt. If the population were represented by a book 1,000 pages long the protesters would only take up 1/2 of one page. Do not let the media portrayal influence represent the country as a whole. It is only a city block here or there when compared to millions of city streets across the entire country. A few streets in a few cities that are run by a few politicians corrupted by their ideologies. It is only a matter of time before all is repaired and returns to normal.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 07-25-2020 at 02:15 AM..

Old 07-25-2020, 05:32 AM

1,560 posts, read 901,971 times
I wish the republicans were as scary and diabolical as the left makes them out to be in the mass media instead of a bunch of skim-milk p—ssies with no spine.

I think you should all brush up on your history, especially read up on the Spanish Civil War. I believe a similar scenario will begin to play out here.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:51 AM

8,333 posts, read 4,372,464 times
(1) The NY GOP needs to come up with the right candidates, and (2) folks need to vote.

In the current Bronx Dem primary for Congress, Ritchie Torres is apparently going to be elected by a landslide vote..... but, apparently only something like 10% of ballots have been returned. Obviously, not even 90% of Dems feel too strongly about this future Congressman :-). So, the silent majority should probably try to be less silent at the time votes are due.

Btw, I wouldn't necessarily even need a GOP majority in NYC, I'd be just fine with moderate Dems, just not these far out loonies.

I can't vote in NY because I only have a pied a terre in NYC, but if I could, I would do my share of salvaging the city. But I only have a cheap pied a terre because I am not sure whether I should commit anything more to NYC if the city is indeed on its way of becoming another Detroit. I will watch for a few more years to see what the 1% do. If they continue pulling out substantially, I will do the same.

Old 07-25-2020, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Response:
President Donald Trump should not be underestimated. He is not the key that is the open door to all American solutions but
the key that has kept the door closed to those willing to loot our country. He is up against a mighty enemy that has slowly leaked into our country over generations. They are planted by governments, supported by ideologists and paid for by elitists wishing us harm. This is only part of the problem. A bigger problem which you have grasped , and I rep you for ,is that half the Country " half the country is filled with free loaders broken into two basic groups. Those that were trained to be freeloaders in return for a vote by one sick political party and the other half willing to work but jobless because of the other political party that sold the work overseas. The crazies in the street are the young healthy and restless adults that are the results of failed policies by both political party politics. Behind closed doors our President is working to bring back jobs and prosperity to our country. If people can be put to work they will be to busy to complain. In the meantime, weak politicians are letting the unemployed masses have their way " similar to a parent letting the child have their 5 minute tantrum " until enough is enough. What appears as mayhem is a controlled relief valve letting off steam in order to save the unit form exploding and in addition you have the climate of perfect weather that flames the protests or heavy rains and humidity that dampens the fires. There are many elements that have been responsible for sickening our country but in time they too will be sorted out. Statues may topple, businesses may burn but violence will be squelched and cities rebuilt. If the population were represented by a book 1,000 pages long the protesters would only take up 1/2 of one page. Do not let the media portrayal influence represent the country as a whole. It is only a city block here or there when compared to millions of city streets across the entire country. A few streets in a few cities that are run by a few politicians corrupted by their ideologies. It is only a matter of time before all is repaired and returns to normal.
I agree for the most part with your interesting commentary. However, I do not think Trump is truly focused. Of course, I am not going to deny the deep state and all the severe setbacks and traitors in government who have actively torpedoed (including his terrible son in law KUSHNER) any meaningful reform. I can only hope you are right because NYC is facing a looming fiscal crisis too, in other words, bankruptcy.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:18 AM

169 posts, read 87,760 times
Quote:

Rising violent crime:

You have no right to blame Trump for ANY of this. Have you lost it?

He is between a rock and a hard place. Everything he does in response to these riots is being scrutinized with a fine tooth comb. They want him to react with force so they can call him a brutal dictator.

He is rightfully protecting federal property since the Marxist mayors of these Democrat cities are allowing the chaos to continue.

Let the voters witness what life would be like if Biden wins. It would be a disaster.

The strategy of this Antifa/BLM commie insurrection is to get Trump to react. Instead Trump is allowing them to eat their own. They’ve already targeted the mayors of all these left wing cities. The mob can never be appeased. They always want more.

Meanwhile Trump is signing legislation to reduce the cost of prescription drugs that will benefit all Americans. He is continuing to lead the country in the right direction.

There is only one choice for this November if you love this country and cherish freedom and that is Trump 2020!

Old 07-25-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Gut Job View Post

He is between a rock and a hard place. Everything he does in response to these riots is being scrutinized with a fine tooth comb. They want him to react with force so they can call him a brutal dictator.

He is rightfully protecting federal property since the Marxist mayors of these Democrat cities are allowing the chaos to continue.

Let the voters witness what life would be like if Biden wins. It would be a disaster.

The strategy of this Antifa/BLM commie insurrection is to get Trump to react. Instead Trump is allowing them to eat their own. They’ve already targeted the mayors of all these left wing cities. The mob can never be appeased. They always want more.

Meanwhile Trump is signing legislation to reduce the cost of prescription drugs that will benefit all Americans. He is continuing to lead the country in the right direction.

There is only one choice for this November if you love this country and cherish freedom and that is Trump 2020!
"Blaming" Trump? I'm simply tired of reading excuses for him. The man has had FOUR complete years to do a much better job. Every single promise has turned out to be empty. He has backtracked on illegal immigration, for example and he sat and fiddled while our country burned. I don't think it requires him acting "With force". His Justice Department has left his own supporters out hung and dry, when not directly arrested, while ANTIFA still gets a free pass. Didn't he say they would be a domestic terrorist organization? Why aren't their assets frozen and dozens of arrests? See, all hot air.

I agree though BROADLY with what you say. I absolutely believe that Biden would be an absolute nightmare hell for this country.

I do think though that Trump has failed on many key issues and I am not so sure his voters will be as motivated this time. We shall see. If we go strictly by the polls, it doesn't look good for Trump in November.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:40 AM

383 posts, read 173,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Gut Job View Post

You can’t blame a man with low intelligence, poor understanding of World politics and even domestic politics, and the temper of a 5-year old autistic boy (and I’m being mean to autistic people now).
He has no idea what the hell he is doing, he just knows he loves the power and attention.
He should have understood too that defiance and wannabe authoritarianism doesn’t do well in this country, though it may seduce the most desperate fraction of his voters.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:45 AM

8,333 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Quote:
"Blaming" Trump? I'm simply tired of reading excuses for him. The man has had FOUR complete years to do a much better job. Every single promise has turned out to be empty. He has backtracked on illegal immigration, for example and he sat and fiddled while our country burned. I don't think it requires him acting "With force". His Justice Department has left his own supporters out hung and dry, when not directly arrested, while ANTIFA still gets a free pass. Didn't he say they would be a domestic terrorist organization? Why aren't their assets frozen and dozens of arrests? See, all hot air.

I agree though BROADLY with what you say. I absolutely believe that Biden would be an absolute nightmare hell for this country.

I do think though that Trump has failed on many key issues and I am not so sure his voters will be as motivated this time. We shall see. If we go strictly by the polls, it doesn't look good for Trump in November.

Could be wrong, but I don't think Biden will win. Trump has his usual voter base, conservatives who don't like Trump will still vote for him because there is no other choice (just like in 2016), moderate Dems will not vote because there is nobody to vote for (Biden is billed as a moderate, however, he is not moderate but simply weak, which is very different, and dangerous in the present situation), and many far-left Dems will not vote because Biden is not "progressive" enough for them. Conservatives (of course) don't want Biden, investors don't want him, moderate Dems don't particularly want him, far left Dems don't want him - who actually wants him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City