Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 09:56 AM

278 posts, read 140,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Anarchy my ass. What a load of drivel.
People toss around words too freely these days. I'm starting to believe they WANT crime to increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 10:02 AM

910 posts, read 752,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Gut Job View Post
BS, ‘the polls’ are you kidding me? They were way off before and they are way off now.

People are more motivated now then 4 years ago especially due to the destruction the left is causing to this country.

He has not failed, are you on something? he has only been met by constant resistance for 4 years and has gotten much done done despite it all. More than most presidents.

‘Every single promise has turned out to be empty’, Dude, now I know that there is something seriously wrong with you. Unbelievable!
Yeah because you know, the border wall was built and Mexico payed for it! Seems like you are working overtime for the Trump 2020 campaign.

I already explained to you my position and I am not going to argue with someone who is clearly so fanatical and can see no wrong in someone. Plus, Trump was not the point of my discussion. Trump has done NOTHING about illegal immigration. The one person in his cabinet who did was Jeff Sessions (who he betrayed), just like he betrays all of his supporters. Instead, he supported Tubberville.

Also, have you seen who the donors are for the Republican Party? Mostly Koch Brother types who of course support open borders and don't give a damn about the 2nd Amendment, among other things.

People are NOT more motivated. They have seen that the left today is actually even more bold, under Trump, than they were just a short 4 years ago. If Trump wins, something MASSIVE will have to change between now and November.

Either way, even if Trump wins in 2020, this entire country will be run top to bottom by Democrats within a decade. Demography will destroy what's left of Republicans.

I never said Trump did not face resistance. I am simply saying that even in areas where there would be no resistance, he has done little, if anything. Why does he still work with Kushner? Kushner is anything BUT what Trump campaigned for and lied about in 2016.

Old 07-25-2020, 10:20 AM

169 posts, read 87,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
Yeah because you know, the border wall was built and Mexico payed for it! Seems like you are working overtime for the Trump 2020 campaign.

I already explained to you my position and I am not going to argue with someone who is clearly so fanatical and can see no wrong in someone. Plus, Trump was not the point of my discussion. Trump has done NOTHING about illegal immigration. The one person in his cabinet who did was Jeff Sessions (who he betrayed), just like he betrays all of his supporters. Instead, he supported Tubberville.

Also, have you seen who the donors are for the Republican Party? Mostly Koch Brother types who of course support open borders and don't give a damn about the 2nd Amendment, among other things.

People are NOT more motivated. They have seen that the left today is actually even more bold, under Trump, than they were just a short 4 years ago. If Trump wins, something MASSIVE will have to change between now and November.

Either way, even if Trump wins in 2020, this entire country will be run top to bottom by Democrats within a decade. Demography will destroy what's left of Republicans.

I never said Trump did not face resistance. I am simply saying that even in areas where there would be no resistance, he has done little, if anything. Why does he still work with Kushner? Kushner is anything BUT what Trump campaigned for and lied about in 2016.
It’s not fanaticism it’s patriotism. Go ahead and vote for Biden then. You clearly have a major case of TDS, I was wrong about you since you were against this latest crime wave but now your true colors are showing. Just another blind Trump hater. You will have made many new friends here today with all the Leftist Trump-hating ghetto thugs. Buh bye.

Old 07-25-2020, 10:37 AM

383 posts, read 173,510 times
Look up what’s been going on for the past few weeks in beautiful Lebanon. I swear as I mentioned before some of you deserve to spend a week in a real war zone (not as a reporter with the army but as civilians on their own), then come back talk to me about your «*cities on the verge of a collapse that have fallen to the hands of criminals*».

Get a job, get a hobby, or watch a few comedies to cheer yourselves up, do something, it must be TERRIBLE being in mental misery like that.

Old 07-25-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
It’s not fanaticism it’s patriotism. Go ahead and vote for Biden then. You clearly have a major case of TDS, I was wrong about you since you were against this latest crime wave but now your true colors are showing. Just another blind Trump hater. You will have made many new friends here today with all the Leftist Trump-hating ghetto thugs. Buh bye.
Patriotism? True patriotism is standing by YOUR COUNTRY, not your leaders if they are wrong or don't do anything for your country. I would never vote for Biden. Sorry to disappoint you, but I am an independent thinker and I do not pledge allegiance to a group and I am not anyone's property. Also, I never said I supported Trump in all things. A Trump hater? No. Someone who calls out the BS.

I am against crime and I am also against Trump's inaction and lies. Sorry that you need a leader to tell you how to think instead of thinking for yourself.

Old 07-25-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
Look up what’s been going on for the past few weeks in beautiful Lebanon. I swear as I mentioned before some of you deserve to spend a week in a real war zone (not as a reporter with the army but as civilians on their own), then come back talk to me about your «*cities on the verge of a collapse that have fallen to the hands of criminals*».

Get a job, get a hobby, or watch a few comedies to cheer yourselves up, do something, it must be TERRIBLE being in mental misery like that.
Of course I would not compare the situations sir/Ms! But if we are to discuss problems in the Lebanon, I would not debate that topic on the NYC forum.

By the way, I am perfectly in a good state of mind. Believe me. You think I am somehow miserable and going crazy? Nope. Got my coffee or tea, my library...my own little world and I still work for a living and draw money from the wealth I create. I am, however, concerned about NYC. It is my city, after all.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:47 AM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Kushner does have to go. The guy has so many sticks up his a55 and is actually accepted by the global elitists.

Old 07-25-2020, 03:15 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
@canavas be honest, if you were Governor New York would have been fully open weeks ago, complete with indoor restaurant, bars, gyms ,theaters etc

and we would be returning to what Florida and Texas is now experiencing

__________________________________________________ __________________________
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...inds-1.5030231

Children over age 10 spread COVID-19 as much as adults, study finds

A new study has found that older children transmit the novel coronavirus to others as well as adults do, contradicting the perception that COVID-19 affects all young people less than it does the elderly. The study, released Thursday by the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, reported that children up to age 10 spread COVID-19 much less than adults do. However, children aged 10 to 19 were just as likely as adults to transmit the virus to someone else.
South Korean researchers identified 5,706 people who were the first in their households to report COVID-19 symptoms between Jan. 20 and March 27, along with 59,073 individuals they had come into contact with. Researchers tested all of the household contacts of each patient, regardless of symptoms, but only tested symptomatic contacts outside the household.

Children under age 10 were roughly half as likely as adults to spread the virus to others, which is consistent with several other studies from Europe and Asia that have suggested that young children are less likely to get infected.
However, children in middle and high school were even more likely to infect others than adults were, according to the study.
__________________________________________________ _________

Is Trump talking about this?

Old 07-25-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
@canavas be honest, if you were Governor New York would have been fully open weeks ago, complete with indoor restaurant, bars, gyms ,theaters etc

and we would be returning to what Florida and Texas is now experiencing

__________________________________________________ __________________________
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...inds-1.5030231

Children over age 10 spread COVID-19 as much as adults, study finds

A new study has found that older children transmit the novel coronavirus to others as well as adults do, contradicting the perception that COVID-19 affects all young people less than it does the elderly. The study, released Thursday by the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, reported that children up to age 10 spread COVID-19 much less than adults do. However, children aged 10 to 19 were just as likely as adults to transmit the virus to someone else.
South Korean researchers identified 5,706 people who were the first in their households to report COVID-19 symptoms between Jan. 20 and March 27, along with 59,073 individuals they had come into contact with. Researchers tested all of the household contacts of each patient, regardless of symptoms, but only tested symptomatic contacts outside the household.

Children under age 10 were roughly half as likely as adults to spread the virus to others, which is consistent with several other studies from Europe and Asia that have suggested that young children are less likely to get infected.
However, children in middle and high school were even more likely to infect others than adults were, according to the study.
__________________________________________________ _________

Is Trump talking about this?
No, sir. If I were the Governor of New York, however, schools would most definitely be reopening in the Fall and teachers who refuse to work would take a pay cut or some other such disciplinary measures would be taken if at all possible.

Additionally, I would immediately do payroll tax cuts, lowering the state income tax and cutting millions in spending.

I would then make a deal with the business community, the real job creators, about how to move forward cautiously. Bars would not be allowed to have indoor customers just yet and masks in indoor places would still be mandatory. There would still be a ban on large gatherings too and the budget for police would go up, no defunding nonsense.

We cannot shut down the entire economy, indefinitely.

You know, companies are going to have to make tough decisions. They could perfectly decide that if so many people in the Northeast do not have to (do not want to) travel back to work, or look the part in proper professional attire, then they need not pay them much either.

The "new normal" will be salary cuts and job losses. It's already happening, actually.

This is why the GOVERNOR has to take the lead. Pleading with companies to welcome staff back is not enough. Why, for instance, should private office buildings start back with normal work when the public sector teachers and others refuse to go back to work?

I am quite troubled by so many languishing at home on full public salaries. All public workers, civil servants, should be ordered back to work from September 1st, unless they have a documented medical condition signed by a doctor. Anyone who declines should be assumed to be on strike and fired as a result.

And the same goes to private office workers. If street cleaners, garbage pick up, SUPERMARKET workers and many others can and do turn up to work, why not the mindless drones of paper-pushers, "human resources" types and diversity officers/enforcers more like it?

Way, way too many people have simply gotten used to sitting on the couch at home. When told they need to go back to work, they lie and pretend they are scared for their lives.

So much fear, in fact...that it hasn't prevented thousands flocking to outdoor restaurants and crowded bars and beaches this Summer.

Governor Cuomo sends out confusing and inconsistent information. Nobody at the top really knows what they are doing and don't care to learn how. Time for new leadership.

Old 07-25-2020, 04:09 PM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
You have no right to blame Trump for ANY of this. Have you lost it?

He is between a rock and a hard place. Everything he does in response to these riots is being scrutinized with a fine tooth comb. They want him to react with force so they can call him a brutal dictator.

He is rightfully protecting federal property since the Marxist mayors of these Democrat cities are allowing the chaos to continue.

Let the voters witness what life would be like if Biden wins. It would be a disaster.

The strategy of this Antifa/BLM commie insurrection is to get Trump to react. Instead Trump is allowing them to eat their own. They’ve already targeted the mayors of all these left wing cities. The mob can never be appeased. They always want more.

Meanwhile Trump is signing legislation to reduce the cost of prescription drugs that will benefit all Americans. He is continuing to lead the country in the right direction.

There is only one choice for this November if you love this country and cherish freedom and that is Trump 2020!
Bingo!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City