Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 04:14 PM

19,092 posts, read 14,056,720 times

Advertisements

This is why cops are nuts do for doing anything. And for believing people who claim not to be "extreme" leftists but vote for the extreme leftist DA who has a D after their name who campaigned on how they would NOT prosecute crime.

Cops' only responsibility is to take reports for crimes committed, after the fact. Do it. Who cares what happens to the civilians who voted for this nonsense? That's their problem lol.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 04:19 PM

3,770 posts, read 3,506,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
Fun! Now do the Koch's and Mercer's!
Do your own research. Im anxiously awaiting your post showing how the Koch and Mercers are increasing crime in inner cities with their support of lax enforcement of laws.

Old 06-19-2021, 05:35 PM

34,178 posts, read 47,465,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
if you don't like how NY is run, like it has been for years, pack your sh** and MOVE
Most posting here are too poor to leave, that "I gotta stay for my family" spiel is BS

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-19-2021, 06:04 PM

32,011 posts, read 27,191,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Most posting here are too poor to leave, that "I gotta stay for my family" spiel is BS
More like people won't get the same sort of deal elsewhere.....

Where else are you going to get an apartment in new construction luxury building at vastly reduced rent, *and* can't be touched?

Where else if you're in this country illegally be treated as if you aren't?

And so it goes.....

Poor or even lower working class have a far better deal in NY than elsewhere, that's why they remain. Yes, many would be "poor" if they left city because no place else doles out so many goodies.

Old 06-19-2021, 06:16 PM

19,092 posts, read 14,056,720 times
I agree with Seventh. I always said I was gonna leave as soon as I had my pension. And I did. I'd have gone further if not for family but I'm telling you all you gotta do is go 10 min outside the city limits and life is totally different.

I sold my tiny ass townhouse for $420 on the dot and bought a bi-level with a 180x51 yard, 2 car garage and 4 car driveway for $100 (literally) less only 10 min from Staten Island.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-19-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
More like people won't get the same sort of deal elsewhere.....

Where else are you going to get an apartment in new construction luxury building at vastly reduced rent, *and* can't be touched?

Where else if you're in this country illegally be treated as if you aren't?

And so it goes.....

Poor or even lower working class have a far better deal in NY than elsewhere, that's why they remain. Yes, many would be "poor" if they left city because no place else doles out so many goodies.
If the deals are so good then why don't you trade

Old 06-19-2021, 06:58 PM

32,011 posts, read 27,191,473 times
One, I own, don't believe in long term renting under any circumstances.

Two, have not nor can ever see myself needing to rent a home so desperately would be willing to undergo the intrusive process called "lottery system".

Old 06-19-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
One, I own, don't believe in long term renting under any circumstances.

Two, have not nor can ever see myself needing to rent a home so desperately would be willing to undergo the intrusive process called "lottery system".
So then stop worrying about the poors

Old 06-19-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I agree with Seventh. I always said I was gonna leave as soon as I had my pension. And I did. I'd have gone further if not for family but I'm telling you all you gotta do is go 10 min outside the city limits and life is totally different.

I sold my tiny ass townhouse for $420 on the dot and bought a bi-level with a 180x51 yard, 2 car garage and 4 car driveway for $100 (literally) less only 10 min from Staten Island.
Thank you brother thats all I'm saying

Old 06-19-2021, 07:29 PM

1,034 posts, read 449,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Depends for who but it's not BS. Maybe you have no familial obligations but others do.

Some of us are still raised to respect our parents and grandparents and feel that we have certain obligations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: