Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2021, 08:11 AM

34,178 posts, read 47,465,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Didnt Soros get rich for pointing nazi's in the direction of his own people, jews?

Seventh, your posts have taken a massive nosedive. You provide nothing of value to the conversation at hand. It's fine that you have a different opinion, but you fail to express that effectively to create valuable rebuttal.
Lol! I'm flattered you took the time to write that. Here, take some Reps for your trouble.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Depends for who but it's not BS. Maybe you have no familial obligations but others do.

Some of us are still raised to respect our parents and grandparents and feel that we have certain obligations.
Familial obligations my ass. So now its Grandma and Grandpa's fault you're stuck here paying what you pay. Way to put it off on them. What a good grandkid you are. If you're "balling" like that as your name suggests, then take them with you and don't complain about how expensive it is here.

Old 06-20-2021, 09:22 AM

14,087 posts, read 14,015,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Most posting here are too poor to leave, that "I gotta stay for my family" spiel is BS
Some posters think they live in Billionaire row in Manhattan

Old 06-20-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Some posters think they live in Billionaire row in Manhattan
Tell me about it

Old 06-20-2021, 09:43 AM

1,034 posts, read 449,348 times
Quote:
Familial obligations my ass. So now its Grandma and Grandpa's fault you're stuck here paying what you pay. Way to put it off on them. What a good grandkid you are. If you're "balling" like that as your name suggests, then take them with you and don't complain about how expensive it is here.
Firstly, I've never complained about living in NYC nor how expensive it is. If I do move out of NYC, I'm not moving to NJ or LI. I don't see the value there. I was simply pointing out that familial obligations are very real for some people. Especially those that come from immigrant families.

Our culture(s) oblige us. Do we HAVE to do it? No. Do we feel obligated? Yes. Just because you have no sense of that obligation (for whatever reason; maybe your parents were terrible) , doesn't mean others don't.

Secondly, talking about how expensive NYC is is rich coming from someone who lives here strictly due to a government handout.
If you had any sense of dignity, you'd just keep quiet about it.

All 3 of my grandparents are pushing 90. One of them had cancer surgery right before COVID and developed complications. We were in and out of hospitals all during COVID in 2020. Emergency rooms and hospitals weren't a fun place during COVID. I can assure you.

When we're growing up my grandparents picked us up from school fed us dinner, and took us to parks while my parents were working. During early childhood I spent just as much time with my grandparents as I did with my parents (we lived on the same block).

It's clear that you have no honor or dignity but that doesn't mean that everyone is as nihilistic as you.

Old 06-20-2021, 09:48 AM

21 posts, read 8,871 times
I think he was taught to flaunt how tough of a New Yorker he thinks he is.

Old 06-20-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Firstly, I've never complained about living in NYC nor how expensive it is. If I do move out of NYC, I'm not moving to NJ or LI. I don't see the value there. I was simply pointing out that familial obligations are very real for some people. Especially those that come from immigrant families.

Our culture(s) oblige us. Do we HAVE to do it? No. Do we feel obligated? Yes. Just because you have no sense of that obligation (for whatever reason; maybe your parents were terrible) , doesn't mean others don't.

Secondly, talking about how expensive NYC is is rich coming from someone who lives here strictly due to a government handout.
If you had any sense of dignity, you'd just keep quiet about it.

All 3 of my grandparents are pushing 90. One of them had cancer surgery right before COVID and developed complications. We were in and out of hospitals all during COVID in 2020. Emergency rooms and hospitals weren't a fun place during COVID. I can assure you.

When we're growing up my grandparents picked us up from school fed us dinner, and took us to parks while my parents were working. During early childhood I spent just as much time with my grandparents as I did with my parents (we lived on the same block).

It's clear that you have no honor or dignity but that doesn't mean that everyone is as nihilistic as you.
Meh, go work for Hallmark and make cards

All you do is complain about stuff, go change your life instead of coming on here to beef with the poors, you make all this money yet you have nothing better to do

Old 06-20-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Meh, go work for Hallmark and make cards

All you do is complain about stuff, go change your life instead of coming on here to beef with the poors, you make all this money yet you have nothing better to do
You come off as a sad person that projects their issues unto others.

The only thing I complain about in NYC is the parasitic trash element that live in this city for free and not only don't contribute anything but actually effect it in a negative way.

Last edited by Bklynball; 06-20-2021 at 10:19 AM..

Old 06-20-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildingblock View Post
I think he was taught to flaunt how tough of a New Yorker he thinks he is.
They do that because inside they're deeply unhappy and miserable people.

It's the same ghetto element that's afraid of leaving NYC because theyre afraid of not making it anywhere else without all of the government support.

Old 06-20-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
You come off as a sad person that projects their issues unto others.

The only thing I complain about in NYC is the parasitic trash element that live in this city for free and not only don't contribute anything but actually effect it in a negative way.
So move where there's less parasites if thats how you feel then. What else do you want ppl to tell you? You're the one with the complaints.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: