Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 02:47 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times

Advertisements

I thought hating on the Hasidim was part of the fabric of NYC? This guy seems in line with anyone I've ever talked to.

Old 07-01-2021, 05:44 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
President Eric Adams, the leading Democratic vote-getter in the race for mayor so far, despite his associations with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who has made anti-semitic statements.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curtis Sliwa's Guardian Angels protected the Jewish people during the Crown Heights Riots.
Curtis is not an anti-semite. He raised truths of how politics are run that can only come across
as being discomforting.

One thing is for sure, Curtis never called Jews blood suckers and slum Lords of Black communities,
called for white genocide,demeaned Pope Paul II and homosexuals.

Farrakhan did and Eric Adams association with the Leader of Islam should have been questioned
from the start and he should have been asked to denounce this hate group prior to his attempt of running for office.
I pray there is one fearless reporter in New york City brave enough to raise that question.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:45 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
I thought hating on the Hasidim was part of the fabric of NYC? This guy seems in line with anyone I've ever talked to.
And wasn't Al Sharpton also putting the Jews down at some point? I believe it during Gavin Cato's death.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:46 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
President Eric Adams, the leading Democratic vote-getter in the race for mayor so far, despite his associations with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who has made anti-semitic statements.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curtis Sliwa's Guardian Angels protected the Jewish people during the Crown Heights Riots.
Curtis is not an anti-semite. He raised truths of how politics are run that can only come across
as being discomforting.

One thing is for sure, Curtis never called Jews blood suckers and slum Lords of Black communities,
called for white genocide,demeaned Pope Paul II and homosexuals.

Farrakhan did and Eric Adams association with the Leader of Islam should have been questioned
from the start and he should have been asked to denounce this hate group prior to his attempt of running for office.
I pray there is one fearless reporter in New York City brave enough to raise that question.

You are talking empty rhetoric here that the ultr-orthodox community would not agree with

Curtis Sliwa was talking about, in his opinion,
the of Hasidic community having a corrupt and expansive over-bearing relationship
with the communities they are in, with high birth rates exploiting the welfare system and section 8 housing
producing men who don't work and who are lacking in a basic education and sometimes English language skills
and that they "bloc" vote to deliver votes to politicians who support what they are doing.

That is a threat to the fundamental way they do things

As for Eric Adams

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/isr...el/2021/06/25/

Left-Wingers Grieving over Adams’ Projected Win Because He Loves Israel
By David Israel - 15 Tammuz 5781 – June 25, 2021

The Haredi magazine asked the candidate back in May: If elected, do you plan on doing the job New York City mayors have traditionally done, to be an advocate for Israel?

Adams answered: “I’ve visited Israel twice, I am going back again, and I am going to try to find a plot of land so it can be my retirement place. I love the people of Israel, the food, the culture, the dance, everything about Israel.”

Mishpacha asked: Where in Israel do you plan on retiring?

And Adams answered, laughing, “In the Golan Heights.”

OMG, is he even a Democrat? Doesn’t he know the Golan Heights are treif ever since President Donald Trump recognized it as part of Israel? How does Adams expect to win in NYC with these Israel-loving statements? How can a black man be a friend to Jews and Israel and still attract the Black vote?

They asked him about a NY Times article that revealed he once “praised Farrakhan and hung out with Sharpton.”

Adams answered honestly (although, clearly, he came prepared for that one): “If you do the math, 1993 was 28 years ago. If anyone ever had a question, is Eric anti-Semitic? Look at my 20-year run. I am not anti-Semitic and I don’t subscribe to the philosophy of the Nation of Islam. We were part of using the local members here as part of the crime-fighting initiative — we were in a different city back then, with 2,000 homicides a year, 98,000 robberies. They had a security program that was like the crisis management of today. Eric is not anti-Semitic, Eric is a friend of the Jewish community.”

NY POST

Satmar Hasidic community endorses Eric Adams for NYC mayor
By Sam RaskinJune 9, 2021

Mayoral hopeful Eric Adams on Tuesday won the endorsement from a traditionally bloc-voting Orthodox Jewish group, according to reports and the Adams campaign.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:15 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Another Jon Benson offering nothing positive to the forum.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City