Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 08:05 AM

106,569 posts, read 108,713,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Well, my wife and I take multivitamins every day with additional dosage of Vit D and we never get sick. Therefore your point is null and void. EVERYONE reacts differently to supplements and for many folks, they indeed prevent them from getting sick.

A good friend of mine is really big on organic teas and drinks them all time and goes to the gym every day. He literally never got even a cold since he was a teenager!
Which is why I said just taking mega vitamins and supplements means nothing …there is other stuff going on that may be the reason … it would be different for all of us ….there is no such thing as take vitamin d to be more resistant to covid ….there are way to many other factors to know that.

So on an individual level is how we judge ..,in our case it didn’t do a thing so yes it was a fail for us

Old 08-07-2021, 08:09 AM

1,138 posts, read 856,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Which is why I said just taking mega vitamins and supplements means nothing …there is other stuff going on that may be the reason … it would be different for all of us ….there is no such thing as take vitamin d to be more resistant to covid ….there are way to many other factors to know that.

So on an individual level is how we judge ..,in our case it didn’t do a thing so yes it was a fail for us
Very little research has been done so far on Vit D vs COVID. However, it has helped for many people I know. Therefore, no one can say there is no correlation at this point.

Old 08-07-2021, 08:12 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
Quote:

No offence, but your dosage was a failure - which is probably not your fault. As I said before, many "learned professionals" would claim that anything over 800 IU daily was too much.

Its not a bad choice, if you dont know what you are doing and dont understand when a larger dose might be harmful. It is a general health dosage, not something one would take during a pandemic.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Very little research has been done so far on Vit D vs COVID. However, it has helped for many people I know. Therefore, no one can say there is no correlation at this point.
When you can do the same double blind test on the same people let me know

Old 08-07-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
When you can do the same double blind test on the same people let me know
There is no reason to. If you dont want to simply Google the information (there are tons of videos and articles and Medical Journals on the benefits of vitamin D) then you dont really want to know.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:16 AM

I posted a link above earlier with lots of studies referenced that say not enough to data to mean a thing

Old 08-07-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I posted a link above earlier with lots of studies referenced that say not enough to data to mean a thing
Did you look at my animal pharma link? I couldnt resist. But it actually literally refers to people too. We really are animals. Mammals.

Many diseases that effect people also effect animals. Many treatments for these conditions are the same.

Epilepsy as an example - phenobarbital is given to people and animals.

Old 08-07-2021, 03:10 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Meh, if you need to do become a science major to take a supplement forget it in my opinion
Welp that's what 90% of Americans conclude and that's why only the smart and most knowledgeable will survive the longest.

That is the same for these restaurants. If they want to survive they will adapt, change and evolve....or kick the bucket.

We don't need an old school restaurant mentality. It's a new viral era.

Old 08-07-2021, 03:12 PM

Yeah okay , if that is what you think only those who take supplements will survive …got it

Old 08-07-2021, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Yeah okay , if that is what you think only those who take supplements will survive …got it
You dont need a science degree to take what big pharma tells you. In fact, I bet most people dont even bother to check out the warning labels. Its been my experience that the average joe doesnt even question it.

Should we smack ourselves up side the head on that one, or just do what the nice Doctor tells you?

It will be interesting to see if Mayor DeBlasio ends up back tracking a bit on this. Then again, threatening peoples enjoyment of indoor dining just might be what is needed to get folks rushing for their vaccination. Who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City