Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 05:46 PM

161 posts, read 261,033 times

Advertisements

I think they scare you but as long as you don’t have over 6-8 points I’m sure you’ll be fine. I know the only thing they look at is for you NOT to have any open tickets. Settle and pay them before meeting with sanitation.

Don’t lie when it comes to that stuff.
They have an entire department that runs out licenses daily to make sure we can drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 05:53 PM

80 posts, read 65,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Bx11 View Post
I think they scare you but as long as you don’t have over 6-8 points I’m sure you’ll be fine. I know the only thing they look at is for you NOT to have any open tickets. Settle and pay them before meeting with sanitation.

Don’t lie when it comes to that stuff.
They have an entire department that runs out licenses daily to make sure we can drive.
There aren’t much resources online to prep for the exam. I only found jobtestprep. I was wondering if there are other online resources I can look into that will help me prepare for it. How many test takers in 2015 had CDL or most of them needed sanitation to help them get it?

Old 11-20-2021, 06:10 PM

You don’t need your CDL to take the exam. You need to have your permit I believe around the time they call you for medical. At that point they will sign you up for training with DSNY in Brooklyn.

It’s 1 week of training followed by a road test the next week.

I actually think Amazon sells a book for sanitation workers. I think it has a green cover

Old 11-20-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
You don’t need your CDL to take the exam. You need to have your permit I believe around the time they call you for medical. At that point they will sign you up for training with DSNY in Brooklyn.

It’s 1 week of training followed by a road test the next week.

I actually think Amazon sells a book for sanitation workers. I think it has a green cover
Let me rephrase the question better. Sometimes I might not be clear and people can misunderstand me also. My question is what is the percentage of people OR quantity of people who finish taking the sanitation test already has CDL?

Old 11-20-2021, 06:45 PM

I don’t think anyone can answer that wuestion

Old 11-20-2021, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I don’t think anyone can answer that wuestion
What is the better choice over here according to what mikey said? Should I reapply for a new social security number since it sounds like the lower your last four numbers are, the better chances of getting hired compared to people with higher numbers? Or should I just leave my SSN alone and continue to stick with it?

Old 11-21-2021, 08:55 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,968,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTT View Post
What is the better choice over here according to what mikey said? Should I reapply for a new social security number since it sounds like the lower your last four numbers are, the better chances of getting hired compared to people with higher numbers? Or should I just leave my SSN alone and continue to stick with it?
Is this is a serious question? And it’s last 5, not 4.

No one knows how many future potential test takers may or may not have a cdl prior to them taking the test.

Just get your license, and score the best you can, that’s literally all you can do, everything else will fall into place

Old 11-30-2021, 07:22 AM

144 posts, read 254,628 times
Quote:
That is an interesting strategy. Will they actually change your number if you reapply? If so and you have a 9 as your 5th digit it might make sense. In my case I have a 0 as my 5th digit there were over 2000 people who scored the same as me. I was hired over 2 years before the last group with the same test score.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:33 AM

144 posts, read 254,628 times
Quote:
And how do they go about hiring as far as people with CDLs already vs people without CDLs? How many people who take the sanitation test have CDLs or many test takers don’t have them?
Most people don’t have a cdl when taking the written test. They usually get it when they are getting close to their list number or they get it through sanitation before their class goes in. I would guess maybe 30% have it when taking the written test, but that would just be a guess.

During a normal hiring year you will get called before other guys with a lower list number than you if you have your cdl and they don’t.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:09 AM

199 posts, read 518,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapper View Post
During a normal hiring year you will get called before other guys with a lower list number than you if you have your cdl and they don’t.
In the past, you needed your CDL to be hired. But nobody that had a CDL was hired out of order of the list. If someone did not have their CDL they did not meet the requirements of the job. They are passed over and have to reinstate themselves back onto the list. After submitting proof of CDL. Currently if a person has a CDL permit, they are being hired in list order but are considered Grounded until they pass the Road test. Due to the limited DMV appointments for road tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City