Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 09:16 PM

621 posts, read 240,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
If most were white or Asian, you better believe they'd be fined and forced to pay. Most are not so it's hands off. The same people.then tell about racism and systemic injustice.

The article never stated where people are not paying fares. So you have no clue if they're talking about East New York or the Upper East Side. You just have a sick obsession with race. Pray to the Great Sun...he'll guide you on a more harmonious path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 10:28 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
The article never stated where people are not paying fares. So you have no clue if they're talking about East New York or the Upper East Side. You just have a sick obsession with race. Pray to the Great Sun...he'll guide you on a more harmonious path.
Why do you pretend that majority black/hispanic young adults commit most of the crimes in NYC?

Here is a challenge for you, find me a story where an asian person stabbed someone over drugs? Or show me a story where a white person shot someone over a pair of sneakers? Show me a video where an Indian man assaults a bus driver because he didn't want to pay a fare.

I'll wait.

After you are done, show me all three of the above involving a black or hispanic between the age of 12-30.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:20 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
So that equates to a 33% fare hike for the rest of us strap hangers
to make up for those who do not wish to conform to society's norms.
it actually equates to a 50 percent hike

Old 02-23-2022, 04:46 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
If most were white or Asian, you better believe they'd be fined and forced to pay. Most are not so it's hands off. The same people.then tell about racism and systemic injustice.

too add...............

and the unpaid portion is passed on in the form of taxes to EVERYBODY else.

That is why EVERYBODY is leaving N.Y.C.

The message is clear. Join the " free for me " movement or skedaddle.............

Old 02-23-2022, 05:41 AM

1,056 posts, read 541,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
As someone who takes the bus all the time, I admit I am amazed at how many people don't pay. BUT, it's not every other person. It's about 1 in 10 or 15.
Maybe that's true for the lines you ride. Remember, there are 5 big boroughs, and I think bus fare theft is probably way higher in some areas than in others. (I didn't read the article, maybe it says that).

Old 02-23-2022, 05:50 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
The problem with this is that it sends the message to many, particularly the young people, that rules (like paying your fare) don’t need to be followed. This will have consequences for them throughout their professional lives and naturally, they will blame racism when they end up failures in their adult lives.

Old 02-23-2022, 06:41 PM

621 posts, read 240,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Why do you pretend that majority black/hispanic young adults commit most of the crimes in NYC?

Here is a challenge for you, find me a story where an asian person stabbed someone over drugs? Or show me a story where a white person shot someone over a pair of sneakers? Show me a video where an Indian man assaults a bus driver because he didn't want to pay a fare.

I'll wait.

After you are done, show me all three of the above involving a black or hispanic between the age of 12-30.

To answer your question, I don't pretend that the majority of black/hispanic young adults commit most of the crimes in NYC. As for your challenge, I appreciate you sharing your implicit bias. So a post about not paying for a bus turns into stabbings, drugs, assaulting a bus driver? Care to start a new crime thread that compares violence among races? I'd rather not stray off topic like you're doing in order to prove my own implicit biases.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:01 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The problem with this is that it sends the message to many, particularly the young people, that rules (like paying your fare) don’t need to be followed. This will have consequences for them throughout their professional lives and naturally, they will blame racism when they end up failures in their adult lives.
Big time.

This city just wrapped up 8 years spent raising young adults under the mindset that any deviation from good behavior is in fact society wronging them, as opposed to the other way around. Terrible in school? Whitey/Asians fault. Can't afford whatever you want? Whitey/Asians fault. Got caught stealing? Cop's fault. Stuck in jail? Judge's fault. Anything that goes wrong? White supremacy's fault.

The effects of this upbringing will be almost impossible to reverse over the course of the rest of their lives.

Damaging whole generations is what leftism is best at. Eventually this causes the tide to turn. The ship is somewhat righted, only to be sunk again.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-23-2022, 08:11 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,257,375 times
Quote:
The article did actually state where people aren't paying fares.

So you believe that the MTA is hands off on fare evaders because they're so kind? Think about it. Why would any business allow widespread theft of its services? Can you provide an explanation?

Old 02-23-2022, 08:14 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,257,375 times
Quote:
The article did actually state where people aren't paying fares.

So you believe that the MTA is hands off on fare evaders because they're so kind? Think about it. Why would any business allow widespread theft of its services? Can you provide an explanation?

I know how the politicians in this city think and try to run this city. I'm not the one obsessed with race. The politicians are and their constituents who vote them in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: