Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 04:29 PM

621 posts, read 240,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
There is something off about the financials and ownership of unsold units at Skyview. There is a huge number of "unsold units" that keep getting sold and resold and resold over and over again to corporate entities and the maintenances are very high because there is a much larger than normal debt load with underlying mortgages. Just be careful and do a lot of due diligence .....have lawyers and accountants go over everything and be sure to get the minutes of all board meetings going back at least a few years.
When i was looking to buy a coop in The Bronx 14 years ago I checked out Skyview and found the structure and finances weird.... byzantine might be a better word. It didn't make me comfortable.
Things might be better now...I dunno.....sometimes with co ops and condos there is a lot of **** going on behind the scenes that most buyers don't discover until after they buy. I think most buyers do zero due diligence and most lawyers are useless.
lol, I came across another co op in The Bronx where a large number of sponsor units had been sold to the NY State Department of Human Services in the 1990's and they were using the apartments as a group home for people with a lot of issues.

Excellent Post. Due diligence is especially important with cooperatives due to their management structures and financials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2022, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 987 times
The metro north flies into Grand Central (Riverdale / Spuyten are the last stops before Manhattan). Aside from the RailLink MTA shuttle bus to the station, Skyview also apparently has their own private shuttle that goes directly to the station instead of crusing around the neighborhood.

The express BxM1 and BxM2 buses to/from east and west side manhattan also stop by the building. They’re a bit slow during rush hour but way more comfortable and relaxing than the subway.

But yes, the subway sucks from anywhere in Riverdale…. Not just Skyview. That’s probably one of the things that gives the area its feeling of exclusivity.

As for car… it takes 15 minutes flat to midtown during best case (nights and wkend AM) and 30 minutes worst case.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:49 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cflash212 View Post
The metro north flies into Grand Central (Riverdale / Spuyten are the last stops before Manhattan). Aside from the RailLink MTA shuttle bus to the station, Skyview also apparently has their own private shuttle that goes directly to the station instead of crusing around the neighborhood.

The express BxM1 and BxM2 buses to/from east and west side manhattan also stop by the building. They’re a bit slow during rush hour but way more comfortable and relaxing than the subway.

But yes, the subway sucks from anywhere in Riverdale…. Not just Skyview. That’s probably one of the things that gives the area its feeling of exclusivity.

As for car… it takes 15 minutes flat to midtown during best case (nights and wkend AM) and 30 minutes worst case.
And then an hour to park your car.

Old 07-24-2022, 09:50 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,285,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
That all depends on when you drive in. If you are parking in a garage or driving when street parking is easier to find then it isn't an issue.

Old 07-26-2022, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That all depends on when you drive in. If you are parking in a garage or driving when street parking is easier to find then it isn't an issue.
Nice if your garage is in the same place as your workplace. If otherwise, then the walking seriously cuts into your 15 minute window.

You CANNOT get to work in Manhattan from Skyview in 15 minutes unless you work in Inwood or Washington Heights.

Last edited by Kefir King; 07-26-2022 at 06:56 AM..

Old 07-26-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Nice if your garage is in the same place as your workplace. If otherwise, then the walking seriously cuts into your 15 minute window.

You CANNOT get to work in Manhattan from Skyview in 15 minutes unless you work in Inwood or Washington Heights.
And? I don't think you can get crosstown from your area of the UES to the UWS in 15 minutes, so not the end of the world. I know you have a very Manhattan centric view, but there is a world outside of Manhattan.

Old 07-30-2022, 05:08 AM

Quote:
I know you have a very Manhattan centric view, but there is a world outside of Manhattan.
Not if you need a decent job.

Old 07-30-2022, 05:55 AM

2,079 posts, read 1,124,455 times
Quote:
Not if you need a decent job.

Right. Because there aren’t any surgeons, lawyers, artists, or other pros in the other boroughs. Reminds me of a very famous New Yorker cover…

Old 07-30-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
Right. Because there aren’t any surgeons, lawyers, artists, or other pros in the other boroughs. Reminds me of a very famous New Yorker cover…
Yeah, this guy is clueless. I guess everyone that lives in the outer boroughs is poor and survives on Ramen soup. We couldn't possibly have high paying jobs.

Old 07-31-2022, 03:33 AM

31,897 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Quote:
Only if you don't know what you're doing or otherwise don't have a clue.

Good number of building workers in my area of UES live in Riverdale, and drive to and from each working day.

Either buildings they work in let them park in garage (if there is one), or guys swap things up with those getting off shift.

Those who work evening or over night park on avenues where long as they are gone by 7AM things are cool.

People who work in city and chose to drive usually sort themselves out within first few weeks. For times when they don't feel like bothering bus service from west and east sides of Manhattan take them to and from Riverdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City