Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 08:28 PM

800 posts, read 730,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Uncle Gussy in Midtown is the best non-halal gyro street cart owned by Greek. Very gooood...!!!

https://unclegussys.com/
Uncle Gussys always had such a long line during lunch hours when I worked near there. My entire office lovedddd it but I think I’m just a picky eater bc I wasn’t a fan =/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 03:08 PM

3,206 posts, read 1,668,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
I want to eat pork, chicken, and rice on the same dish with white sauce and hot sauce. What are my options? Back in the day, Greek vendors used to sell this kind of food but have since moved into diners. I also see Mexicans selling similar dishes from food carts but it's not quite the same.
Do you even know what Halal means?

Old 09-07-2022, 07:41 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I dont what it means but the food turns me off by the way looks

Old 09-07-2022, 09:28 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,030,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Non pork meat. The animal also has to be killed by a guy screaming prayers while cutting the throat. Then holding the animal still while it thrashes to death. I've seen those videos of Muslims killing sheep during Ramadan. It is thoroughly cruel and inhumane. Rivers of blood soak the streets as arterial spray covers the butcher's face and any bystanders. Why not just shoot the poor thing in the head with a bolt gun like it's done normally? Or break its neck if small enough like a chicken? One snap and the suffering is over.

Last edited by Tiredofnyclife; 09-07-2022 at 09:44 PM..

Old 09-08-2022, 09:47 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,838,730 times
I love gyro!!! I always ordered online & pick it up so never really lining up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
Uncle Gussys always had such a long line during lunch hours when I worked near there. My entire office lovedddd it but I think I’m just a picky eater bc I wasn’t a fan =/

Old 09-08-2022, 01:14 PM

2,604 posts, read 3,401,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Non pork meat. The animal also has to be killed by a guy screaming prayers while cutting the throat. Then holding the animal still while it thrashes to death. I've seen those videos of Muslims killing sheep during Ramadan. It is thoroughly cruel and inhumane. Rivers of blood soak the streets as arterial spray covers the butcher's face and any bystanders. Why not just shoot the poor thing in the head with a bolt gun like it's done normally? Or break its neck if small enough like a chicken? One snap and the suffering is over.
Kosher slaughtering of cows isn't much different. If it bothers you people on how they slaughter the animal for human consumption then don't eat it. It's that simple.

Old 09-08-2022, 02:20 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,030,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Kosher slaughtering of cows isn't much different. If it bothers you people on how they slaughter the animal for human consumption then don't eat it. It's that simple.
I didn't bring up kosher until now. But since you opened the door here goes. The government does NOT regulate Kosher or Halal slaughterhouses due to religious exemption because of the first amendment. Indeed, they leave it up to individual proprietors tô determine the best way to determine sanitary codes. Therefore, you have people paying a premium for potentially unsanitary food. There have been plenty of raids and investigations conducted by food safety inspectors which traced outbreaks to these places. But by all means continue buying this food to please your imaginary sky god.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:57 AM

30 posts, read 15,958 times
There are a lot of drug carts popping up. Weed, mushrooms, god only knows what else.

I have not eaten at a food cart for at least twenty years. The other day I saw a halal food cart worker sharpening the blade of his kitchen knife using the curb of a dirty sidewalk - Hudson Yards. How much more evidence do any of you need?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: