Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 04:12 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,141,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
We have to concentrate more on saving those dying from Covid instead of those who are getting killed due to crime.

As such, we need to bring back mandates and restrictions ASAP! And no one should be allowed to leave their house under any circumstances! You have to understand.... this is about saving human life! Human lives matter!
I hope this is sarcasm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Hochul hopes removing the mandate will help you forget how miserable she and her cohorts made your life the last couple of years.
It was all about control. Now that the mandate is so widely defied they are making a virtue out of necessity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2022, 09:32 AM

3,522 posts, read 1,427,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I hope this is sarcasm.

I'm playing devil's advocate. Since most NYers actually think that way, I figured I'd play along. And believe it or not, most NYers DO think that way and it will show on this upcoming gubernatorial election.

Old 10-14-2022, 09:44 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,141,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I'm playing devil's advocate. Since most NYers actually think that way, I figured I'd play along. And believe it or not, most NYers DO think that way and it will show on this upcoming gubernatorial election.
In spite of overwhelming Democratic Party membership most were not wearing masks as recently as late spring. I am a Democrat.

While Zeldin faces an uphill fight he may win. I'm one Democrat who is planning to vote for him. I think any mask mandates would be greeted by laughter.

Old 10-14-2022, 09:52 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,245,508 times
Quote:
I hope this is sarcasm.It was all about control. .
It may be sarcasm for him, but NOT for me!

Old 10-14-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
In spite of overwhelming Democratic Party membership most were not wearing masks as recently as late spring. I am a Democrat.

While Zeldin faces an uphill fight he may win. I'm one Democrat who is planning to vote for him. I think any mask mandates would be greeted by laughter.

But masks PROTECT. Why would anyone laugh at those protecting themselves from severe illness and death?

Again, playing devil's advocate here, so feel free to ignore me.

Old 10-14-2022, 04:06 PM

All joking aside here... one thing I don't like about masks is that it weakens your immune system. I wore a mask for two years and never got sick. The minute I started parading around maskless last Spring & Summer, I got sick twice. I was catching colds very easily. Now that my body got back to getting used to being exposed to viruses and fighting off them off, I don't easily catch colds anymore. Since the Fall season started, people have been coughing on me left and right on the subway and in stores, and some of those coughs are really deep and bad, so it's obvious people are getting sick this Fall. But somehow, I haven't gotten sick this Fall despite all this exposure. Last summer, I wasn't around many sick people and got sick very often.

Having said that, I still do expect to get annual colds, but that's part of getting back to normal.

Old 10-19-2022, 12:39 PM

25,391 posts, read 37,139,204 times
So Bugsy,

Does that mean you will be voting for Karthy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: